Author Topic: Sub Folder Creation? (Path Editing)  (Read 746 times)

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Side Account for Fantasia_Cross
    • View Profile
Sub Folder Creation? (Path Editing)
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:24:02 pm »
This is a bit of a complex question, but seeing as the creators were able to put the items into their own named folders, I'm sure there must be a way to do the following.
I have a few different 'podium' downloads that I have settled in the my_objects folder and me, being my overly organized self, wondered if there is some way to create a subfolder inside the my_objects folder that the game would be able to find?

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Re: Sub Folder Creation? (Path Editing)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 01:19:35 am »
I have not tried this myself, but I believe it might be possible by editing the resources.cfg file in the main folder with Notepad and just adding the proper file location underneath the list. Something like "FileSystem=media/objects/my_objects/my_folder", with my_folder being changed to whatever the names are of your folders. I haven't messed around with the resources file much, but I'm pretty sure this is how they got the extra item and texture folders.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Side Account for Fantasia_Cross
    • View Profile
Re: Sub Folder Creation? (Path Editing)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 02:36:48 am »
Torskite

Thanks for the Input! I'll give it a try. Worst thing I'll have to do is reinstall FH X)