Author Topic: The plague dogs  (Read 8559 times)

Offline animal

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Its like yknow, nya
    • View Profile
Re: The plague dogs
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43:03 am »
i watched Plague Dogs lastnight so now i know their names :D and to day i watched water shipdown,not scared just bloody i can handle bloody xD
I cant believe im a furry

Offline Aerialacez

• Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Username ingame is TawnyFlower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43:21 am »
aww for dogs :CCC      :(

Offline Aerialacez

• Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Username ingame is TawnyFlower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43:55 am »
aww for the dogs :CCC      :(

Offline aerotechway1

• Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »
I've read the book and seen the movie. It is sad and chilling at the same time. Whether or not the dogs made it to land still remains a mystery....

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline animal

• Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Its like yknow, nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 09:08:18 pm »
I've read the book and seen the movie. It is sad and chilling at the same time. Whether or not the dogs made it to land still remains a mystery....
i think they made it! :)
I cant believe im a furry

Offline Tsume

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Err, I'm supposed to Eat ... That !?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »

This is a great topic in my mind. I have both the film and novel.

Plague Dogs was an awesome bit of animation and even know it was made in 1982 anyone could still watch it and get involved, put that together with the Song "Time and Tide" you have in my mind a Masterpiece.

Although the story is set around Rowf and Snitter, my hart still stays with The Tod who helped the 2 dogs out and in the end gave his life to try to save them, that in my mind is a true friend and hero.

I have a copy of the 1977 novel written by Richard Adams, and I won't hide the fact that every time I read it I get a lump in my throat. The ending is so terribly sad.

Babe

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 11:29:01 pm »
I've seen Felidae, but not Plague Dogs.. o-o I'm gonna watch it now, I'll come back when I've a large opinion / thoughts on it! XD

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 12:56:44 am »
Gah... having Todd die was so sad. :c Rowf and Snitter wouldn't gotten as far as they did without him, to be honest. D:

And the ending is such a great cliffhanger, they don't say if they made it or not in the movie. I still wonder if they managed... (I watched the uncut version, they don't say it in there lolol.)

Offline Tsume

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Err, I'm supposed to Eat ... That !?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 09:52:49 am »
The film was set in England in the early 80's, back when a lot of animal testing was going on. The reason that Both the Government, Army and RAF were after the 2 dogs is they thought that they are carrying Bubonic plague. That and they were killing sheep, and ate a man who fell from a hight.

Over years I have read many articles regarding if Rowf and Snitter survived or not most people believe that Snitter makes it, but Rowf with his age and fear of water doesn't and in fact he finds ... How shall I put this,  heaven. However that's what others think and that's what makes it a great film ... You decide on the ending.

The only thing that I don't quite understand about the film is why they used a Geordie accent for the Tod when it is set in the Lake district.

I had to up The song "Time and Tide" for you all to enjoy as I don't think the song get the recognition it deserve.

Time & Tide

Enjoy ^_^

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:16 pm »
I loved this anime (movie, anime, or whatever you call it) it was amazing. the story would be hard to follow for younger kids, but for me, I caught on pretty well. The ending was sad, I have to admit, but it was also a good ending.