Author Topic: Preset Question  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Veenus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Preset Question
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:09:20 am »
Anyone have the script to masking a preset for multiple effects? I don't remember it, I'm just in need of the script! Thanks! :)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 12:23:16 am »
Hello! Here's a big list of scrips that Lucius had posted: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61962

Hope it helps!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Veenus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 12:32:15 am »
Hello! Here's a big list of scrips that Lucius had posted: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61962

Hope it helps!

It's not exactly what I'm looking for, I've looked through the preset tutorials. The effect I'm looking for isn't really a effect, it's more of a mask to produce different types of effects. For example, glowing and scrolling can't be combined together(Script wise) so to have a scrolling marking with a glowing mark you mask it. I'm searching for the script to mask the effects to have both on the same part.

Lucius

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 12:50:33 am »
What effect are you looking to get? Different combinations might not even need masks. And as far as I'm aware, you can have scrolling and glowing on the same pass, that shouldn't be an issue.

Second, the more effects / textures you stack and isolate with masking, the more passes you'll need if you have attributes that affect the whole pass rather than texture_unit attributes.

If you're looking for the general, all-purpose masking script, then use this:

Code: [Select]
material preset_1_headMatL
{
technique
{
pass
{
texture_unit
{
texture INITIAL TEXTURE
}
}
pass
{
scene_blend alpha_blend
alpha_rejection greater 128
texture_unit
{
texture MASK.png
}
texture_unit
{
texture MASK.png             
colour_op alpha_blend
}
texture_unit
{
texture TEXTURE YOU WANTED MASKED.jpg
colour_op_ex blend_current_alpha src_texture src_current
}
}
}
 }
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:52:41 am by Lucius »

Offline Veenus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 12:54:24 am »
Thank you! This is what I needed and it is two separate markings, so it does need the masking v-v I suppose anyways.

Lucius

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 12:59:25 am »
I don't know what your preset concept is, so I can't say for sure if you need the masking for the scrolling texture, but you probably don't need it for the glow.

Ruby just stacks the glowing .PNG texture in a separate pass: Updated 9/16/16 Material Coding for Beginners! Glow, metal, transparent, more!

Less textures for you to worry about, but if that's not the case then feel free to ignore this.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 07:28:19 pm »
I think i left an emissive (glow) scrolling mask in this thread where it has flame paws  https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61508.0
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"