Author Topic: Renegade Row  (Read 368 times)

Online Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Renegade Row
« on: October 11, 2020, 11:44:24 am »

Renegade Row (RR) is a roleplay and social group located here on FeralHeart.

The overall goal for RR is to make a safe haven for roleplayers to make friends, relax, and have fun.
This group is a more loose and open resource for people, busy or not, who wish to roleplay. We are:

- Semi-Realistic
- Loose-Literacy
- Multi Species
- Ranked
- Casual & Social

Here in RR, we utilize the stat and dice system used in the table top RPG Dungeons and Dragons, or D&D for short. This means upon joining, you will set up your character's stats so you can use the dice system properly when roleplaying. This will help us decide certain things that happen when sparing, hunting, persuading another character, and other various small things.

If you are confused on how the dice system works or would like a little demo, here are some examples:

How and when the dice rolls are had.

We will mainly only use dice roles when deciding on certain things. You are free to roleplay without them, however during certain events such as spars, hunting, convincing intruders, and even sometimes when healing another, you will be required to use them for a more fair interaction.

Let's start off with a hunting scenario. Let's say you are out on a hunt, and you're coming up on a deer. You decide to lunge at the deer, so you would role to see what you get. If you roll and get a 16, and the deer rolls and gets a 10, you will be able to catch the deer with ease. Now if you were to role say a 5, and the deer rolled a 13, the deer would have heard you and escaped before you even got close.

Now let's do a spar scenario. You and another character are sparring. You are character A, and they are character B. It's your turn to attack and you want to run around character B and grab one of their back legs. You would then roll a die and see what number you get. Meanwhile character B has a chance to react to your attack. Now that it's their turn, they choose to while you are reaching for their back leg, to kick your face, turn around, and bite at your face. Now that you have rolled an attack, and they have rolled a counter attack, you would compare both roles, and whichever roll is higher, gets the attack. So if character A rolled a 17 while character B rolled a 9, character B wasn't fast enough and character A bit their back leg.

So the basics is both characters get to have an action roll and a reaction roll, and once both characters have rolled, the higher roll gets the win.

But what if the rolls are the same or extremely close? A 12 and a 12, or a 10 and a 11? Well this is where a Dice Master (or in D&D a Dungeon Master) would step in. So using the same scenario...character A gets an 11, while character B get's the 10. Character B would be able to pull their leg away in time so that it doesn't get caught, however because character A has a slightly higher roll, their teeth graze character B's foot and cuts it a little.

What about with the 12 and 12? Character B would be able to pull their leg away in time so that they don't get bit, but miss kicking character A, while character A simply misses and gets a nice mouth full of tasty air. This leaves both characters uninfected since their numbers cancel each other out.

After any one of those scenarios, the turn would then go to character B to attack first so that character A has to react. Once that turn plays through, it would go back to character A, and so on and so forth.

So there's a little demo on how things would work! Hope you were able to understand it all. If you have ANY questions, please give me a nudge and I'll be able to answer!

Semi-Realistic

We are very loose with character deign restrictions and we encourage you to get creative with your character, however all we ask is that you try not to use neons if possible. If you have a question about if your character's color or design will fit, don't be afraid to nudge me about it!

Loose-Literacy

Anybody can join, for this is an open group for anyone who wishes to roleplay with us. Your roleplay style doesn't truly matter so long as we can clearly understand what you are doing so we can keep the flow of the roleplay going. We are open to a wide variety of roleplay skill levels, however we ask that you be open and willing to improve upon your skills if you are new to the roleplay scene. We are more than happy to offer tips and advice to help you along!

Multi Species

While the group is primarily wolf/canine based, we accept lions/felines as well. As renegades, we do things out of the ordinary. We are all family here!

Ranked

While we have the four branches; Fighter, Guard, Hunter and Medic, we also have an additional base rank that won't throw you into ranking up your character. If you would just like to be apart of the pack and roleplay with others without having to follow any branch of skills, then that's completely doable! For our branching members, the choice to rank up your character is entirely up to you. We will not force you to rank up your character and have you go through the motions to maintain a spot here in the group. When you are ready, we'll be here to bring you through the ranks.

Here's a list of our ranks if you are interested!: Renegade Row Ranks

Casual & Social

While this is a roleplay group, roleplay doesn't have to be the entire focus. If you'd like, you can just hang out and socialize with everyone.

Discord

While we do have a discord server and some of the group's functions use discord's tools to be able to use the dice system mentioned above, we strongly encourage in-game activity over discord activity. Please do not stress if you cannot get online to socialize, however. Life sometimes gets too busy and it is absolutely okay. We understand that nobody can be online 24/7, but it is greatly appreciated if you are able to be online with everyone.

Our server is made up primarily of our group members, however you are more than welcome to join the server as a guest to check things out and talk with our members for some time to help decide if you would like to join the group or not.

Server Link

Note: Some aspects of the server are still a work in progress.

Renegade Row Forum

This forum will primarily only be used for member's training reports as to not clutter this forum with multiple duplicate threads. The report's primary use is to help the RR staff and it's members keep track of it's their rank progress. While we also have an application's board on that forum, we ask that you please slap down a comment here if you are interested =)

Forum Linkie
(The forum is still incomplete in some areas!)

Application Template

If you are interested in joining, please fill out this application and either PM it to me, or leave a comment with it. Your application will be reviewed as soon as possible!

Code: [Select]
-What is your character's name?:

-Are they a wolf, or a lion?:

-What do they look like? Please provide either a picture, screenshot, reference sheet, or describe what they look like:

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?:

-How well do you feel your roleplaying skills are?:

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?:

-1 to 10, how active are you in-game?:

-Why do you want to join Renegade Row?:

-Do you like Spaghetti? (optional):

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or slap em down in a comment below. I will be happy to answer!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 03:13:57 am by Ame88 »

Preset | Bio
Profile picture by Windy - Thank you!
Renegade Row

Online Ironic

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Row
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 09:36:27 pm »
-What is your character's name?: Broly

-Are they a wolf, or a lion?: Wolf

-What do they look like? Please provide either a picture, screenshot, reference sheet, or describe what they look like:

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?: Honestly, I haven't join a ranked group before, so please select me to any rank available.

-How well do you feel your roleplaying skills are?: 4.5

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?: I understand Roleplaying is more like writing, but I don't find myself to be a good writer. But yes, I want to improve.

-1 to 10, how active are you in-game?: 8

-Why do you want to join Renegade Row?: To increase my roleplaying skills, talk to members with the same interest, making new friends and just having fun!

-Do you like Spaghetti? (optional): I love Spaghetti!

Also known as Groogle
Join FeralHeartians

Online Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 09:40:27 pm »
-What is your character's name?: Broly

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?: Honestly, I haven't join a ranked group before, so please select me to any rank available.

-How well do you feel your roleplaying skills are?: 4.5

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?: I understand Roleplaying is more like writing, but I don't find myself to be a good writer. But yes, I want to improve.

-Why do you want to join Renegade Row?: To increase my roleplaying skills, talk to members with the same interest, making new friends and just having fun!

-Do you like Spaghetti? (optional): I love Spaghetti!

Accepted! Come on in, we're happy to have ya ^ -^
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 02:47:39 am by Ame88 »

Preset | Bio
Renegade Row

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Member Of The Season
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 70
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • OddDoggo123
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 02:02:39 am »
-What is your character's name?: Rodan

-Are they a wolf, or a lion?: No, dimetrodon.

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?: Hunter

-How well do you feel your roleplaying skills are?: 10 :D

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?: Yea sure.

-1 to 10, how active are you in-game?: 9.8

-Why do you want to join Renegade Row?: Why? Because roleplaying ROCKS!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:04:13 am by Oddonelynx »

Art by QuietMacaroni
Presets
Bio

Online Ame88

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 02:46:47 am »

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?: Hunter

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?: Yea sure.

We would love to have you, however your character is not a wolf/canine or lion/feline as we accept those species. I'm going to have to decline, sadly =( If you have a canine/wolf or feline/lion character however, you can use them to join!

Preset | Bio
Renegade Row

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Member Of The Season
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 70
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • OddDoggo123
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 11:55:04 am »

We would love to have you, however your character is not a wolf/canine or lion/feline as we accept those species. I'm going to have to decline, sadly =( If you have a canine/wolf or feline/lion character however, you can use them to join!
Nawwww :( Well at least I can find a character who can join!

Art by QuietMacaroni
Presets
Bio

Offline Puppylion

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 09:17:58 pm »
-What is your character's name?: Lou

-What do they look like? Please provide either a picture, screenshot, reference sheet, or describe what they look like: A tan and brown wolf with a missing ear on one side and a little bit of mange

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?: Omega? If that's ok

-How well do you feel your roleplaying skills are?: Maybe a 6 or 5

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?
: Yes

-Why do you want to join Renegade Row?: I really want to practice rping and it sounds interesting

-Do you like Spaghetti? (optional): Yes I do.
~Puppy/lion~

Online Ame88

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 12:23:23 am »
-What is your character's name?: Lou

-What do they look like? Please provide either a picture, screenshot, reference sheet, or describe what they look like: A tan and brown wolf with a missing ear on one side and a little bit of mange

-What rank branch are you looking to place them in (Fighter, Guard, Hunter, Medic, Rankless)?: Omega? If that's ok

-How well do you feel your roleplaying skills are?: Maybe a 6 or 5

-If you feel they are poor or that you are new to roleplaying, are you willing to work towards improving your skills?
: Yes

-Why do you want to join Renegade Row?: I really want to practice rping and it sounds interesting

-Do you like Spaghetti? (optional): Yes I do.

Accepted! We're happy to have you =)

As for the Omega rank however, even though we don't have that rank (technically), we can talk about it and work something out for ya~

Preset | Bio
Renegade Row

Online Ame88

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 08:30:54 pm »
Giving this a little bump.

- Usage of character sheets have been removed, however we will still use dice to keep things more fair.

Preset | Bio
Renegade Row