Author Topic: General Chat Attacks  (Read 20428 times)

JazzForLife

Re: General Chat Attacks
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2011, 01:26:40 am »
Lol, I know Sly. ^^
Glad you get my point. I was just stating that if the mods actually got paid, it wouldn't make them better at what they do.

I get what you're saying now, Profit. But, I think, if there was a way of, I guess 'repaying' the mods, it'd just be getting to be on the staff team in the first place. I'm sure the mods are honored to be on the team, and that for me is enough to keep me active and do my best. Wouldn't you do the same?

Edit: Okay, I'll put it like this then: Wouldn't you do your best because you were hand picked to be on a staff team?  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:35:07 am by Jazzz »

Helix

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2011, 01:33:28 am »
I don't understand your question Jazz.

And I was asked not to triple post, not double but fine I won't.

In the end this really isn't for my benifit, but others that were given injustice thus the name. After the date listed I intend to delete this account and leave this game. Its supposed to be fun, and this simply isn't. Its just out of control.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2011, 01:43:14 am »
Stay within the Rules and everyone can have Fun.

Go against and loose the Fun.

If there is somthing handeled wrong, SCREENSHOT it and report it to the Admins instead of dramallama a Thread.
If you dont get an Answer to your Report asap, use your Brain and guess the Staff is actually thinking about this and trying to find a Solution, just forgot to inform you right away since this is serious business.

End of Story.

Helix

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2011, 01:47:54 am »
Actually reasons for being banned weren't listed in the rules :3 ( I'm not addressing all matters of being banned. YOu are stating what is SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, I am talking about WHAT DID HAPPEN.)  But you'll see that too. Again this isn't about all MODs, so stop looking over things because its starting to get irritating. If I handed in somehting 4 days ago and don't get a reply not even a note that it will be under review or anything then how am I to blame? I wasn't complaining about not having a reply I was telling YOU PERSONALLY that I have given evidence. Since I don't get a relpy from any of you, I'll give the evidence to the people. I will not discuss this further online.

End of Story from me. :3

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:33 am »
@Ghosting

Hmm a set of time frames aye? considering I'm probably the harshest person in game when it comes to handing out bans you guys would probs be happier with the mods picking lengths bearing in mind I never ban for less than a day and I never kick (have also handed out a few 1 year bans). Personally I'd be grateful for a mod being lenient if I was banned for a few hours.

The "General" in general chat doesn't refer to the content it refers to the audience so its only used for broadcasting when you need to broadcast something across the map to a lot of people we have groups so really general shouldn't be used that much.

General can be used for chatting etc but take a moment to think do I really need to use general or are all my friends local to me?

Well the idea for the set times is that it would be talked about and agreed upon by all of the mods/admins. That way it should be a good average time. If you like really long times and some other mod likes really short times, hopefully the time would middle out to a compromise. At least, that would be the ideal solution.

--

As for the general chat, where does it say that it is for the general audiences just for 'broadcasting'? I'm not arguing with you if you say its the rule, I'm just asking where that rule is posted. It's not in the rules section of the forum, so how do you expect your members to know its a rule until they are reprimanded for using it incorrectly? Obviously people should use better discretion when using it, but what if you are bored and want to talk with strangers all over the map?

@ your last sentence: Honestly, I am still confused about this. What is the general chat really for? You CAN use it for chatting? Wasn't the point of this thread that people were getting banned for chatting on it?

I think what the general chat is meant to be used for should be clarified.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:53:51 am by Ghosting »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2011, 01:57:38 am »
Actually reasons for being banned weren't listed in the rules :3 ( I'm not addressing all matters of being banned. YOu are stating what is SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, I am talking about WHAT DID HAPPEN.)  But you'll see that too. Again this isn't about all MODs, so stop looking over things because its starting to get irritating. If I handed in somehting 4 days ago and don't get a reply not even a note that it will be under review or anything then how am I to blame? I wasn't complaining about not having a reply I was telling YOU PERSONALLY that I have given evidence. Since I don't get a relpy from any of you, I'll give the evidence to the people. I will not discuss this further online.

End of Story from me. :3

Doesnt change anything.

Got no reply and being complainemt you are, if not you wouldnt make a big deal. Anythou, there are 4 Admins, i am one of them, and Raz is too. We both have never got any PM about this, so im wondering who you send the oh so called evidence to, since you refuse to send again. Getting unserious here.

And again. If somthing is handeld wrong, talk to someone of the Staff. if you dont get response, ask again.
We cant get to know if somthing is runing wrong if no one comes up showing Screenshots of this.
What happened, happened, not changeable anymore.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:00:30 am by Tigg »

slycan

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2011, 02:05:19 am »
There is a known bug in the forum at the moment were PM's don't get sent .. or they get sent to random people it wasn't meant for.

Also sometimes members PM forum mods about in-game issues not knowing that they are NOT in-game mods. ( again.. more confusion..) So the forums mods have to either PM admins for them or tell them to do it themselves, which could be alil frustrating for both parties.

but this is just a sample of a few cases from awhile ago.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2011, 02:05:43 am »
Make that 3 tigg. I havn't got any edvidence either here profit.

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that there should be a more solid rule about general chat. But that doesn't change the fact that if a mod warns about the use of general, people shouldn't ignore it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2011, 02:16:14 am »
A agree with you red, but that doesn't change the fact that there isn't a rule on it right now. Or at least, not one posted, and I am still unsure of what is allowed for general chat.

Also, if what this person is saying is true, that there were bans without warning, then the lack of rule could have caused a lot of bans.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2011, 02:20:05 am »
Well, not maybe a rule that goes direct to the general chat. But there infact a rule that I quote earlier and I will quote it again.

4. If a staff member has requested that one cease their actions or change their behavior, they are to do it.
This will result in banning and/or kicking.

This is a rule that is very important, and needs to be followed.

EDIT
How will it help if a mod says "stop spamming general" and people continues as before or just tells the mod they are free to do as they like? If a mods warning doesn't get through, then what does except a ban and kick?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:30:52 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart