Author Topic: [1.09]Toast's Maps; Image-heavy : Public Downloads Up  (Read 7708 times)

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
[1.09]Toast's Maps; Image-heavy : Public Downloads Up
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:20:23 am »
Okay, Toast here.  I do not claim to be an expert with the map-maker, but I would like some opinions on the ones I am making.

-----------------------------

These maps are a self-contained mini world.  Only two are public.  Zodiac's Swamp and Fern's Canyon are private maps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1vvdjgql79bh92

I uploaded the wrong one the first time.  Please download this one instead.

Rules

1.) Absolutely no den-claiming.  Remember, they may be open to public, but the lands belong to the Serpent River Pack.
2.) Keep any mating to a whisper.  Even if I'd rather you not do it on these maps.
3.) I hate to have to say this.  In fact, I shouldn't have to.  But I will.  No rape.
4.) Please don't use general for everything.  This includes "general chat."
5.) No advertising in all caps.
6.) If you encounter a problem with the map, screen-cap it and let me know.  I'll do my best to fix it.
7.) Most of all, be polite.

Serpent River Pack Territory (100%)
PUBLIC

This map is pretty big, but nothing massive.  It has a large grassland, a forest to one side, wetlands to the other, and a plateau that has the entrance to the pack's den, The Honeycomb, along with a lookout rock.  There is one hidden den.  If it's lagging, go to options, then video, turn the water reflection off, and bring the view distance down to zero.

Extra Screenshots

Forest

Mountains

One of the multiple thickets

A creepy, over-sized elephant skull.  What's it doing so far from it's habitat?

A strange structure in the forest.

Another strange structure, this time in the marshy hills.

Is it a playground?

Look!  Free food!

The Honeycomb (100%)
PUBLIC

This is where the dens of the Serpent River Pack are located.  It's entrance is through the mouth of the wolf cave in the hollow mountain in the Pack Territory.  It gets it's name from the labyrinth-like layout of the cave system.  Each cave has a purpose, each one belonging to a different rank.  The pups den, the Alpha's den, and the Beta's den all have their own water supply.  The Omega's den is the farthest from the public water supply. There are leaf beds near the entrance for guests of the pack.

Extra Screenshots

Visitor Beds

Public Water Supply

Pup's Den

Alpha's Den

Beta's Den

Zodiac's Swamp (ABORTED)
private

This is a very small map for my character Zodiac.  This is a swamp that Zodiac stumbled upon during his travels.  It has custom water and a custom sky, along with a lot of dens for such a small area.

I have lost all my progress with this map due to the loss of my first laptop.  I may try re-making it, but for now it has been abandoned.

Fern's Canyon (ABORTED)
private

A very small map for my character Fern.  This is a small canyon accessible only by the river.  It's really empty right now,with only some basic objects.

I have lost all my progress with this map due to the loss of my first laptop.  I may try re-making it, but for now it has been abandoned.

These maps are stand alone maps.  I believe I will make all public, but that may be subject to change later on.

Toast's Territory (ABORTED)
PUBLIC

A medium sized map that has a very off-worldy feel to it.  It is for my fursona, but it is large enough for a large amount of people to use it.  It has giant mushrooms, two waterfalls, cherry blossoms, a bridge, and den structure.  There is a hard to access den on one of the mushrooms.

Extra Screenshots

Cherry Blossoms and Bridge

Mushroom Forest

Chemical Gods

These maps are in a pack.  They, too, are public.  They're in the Beta stage, and unfortunately must remain that way.  I apologize for any glitches or problems with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1o0r0tfivx153g3

READ THE READ-ME.
It contains important information regarding where to put certain files.  If you disregard it, you will NOT be able to hear the music.

1.) Absolutely no den-claiming.
2.) Keep any mating to a whisper.  Even if I'd rather you not do it on these maps.
3.) I hate to have to say this.  In fact, I shouldn't have to.  But I will.  No rape.
4.) Please don't use general for everything.  This includes "general chat."
5.) No advertising in all caps.
6.) If you encounter a problem with the map, screen-cap it and let me know.  I'll do my best to fix it.
7.) Most of all, be polite.

Also, keep an eye out for the Gods of these lands, Mia, Kye, and Tash.

No Image Avaliable
Mia - Goddess.  Protector of the young.  Defender of the weak.  Guide of the faithful.  Takes the form of a wolf.

Kye - God.  Trickster. Tempter of the weak-willed.  Takes the form of a fox (played by copper4me).

Tash - God.  Leader of the strong.  Punisher of the cowardly.  Conqueror of enemies of the faithful.  Takes the form of a lion (played by Toast and Jam).

Escape Wavefold

PUBLIC

A medium-sized map.  The spawn point of this map is located off-shore.  It has a lot of plant meshes, places to curl up, and some pretty epic music.  No actual dens, though.  Just foliage.  It's the entrance point for the map pack I'm making.

Extra Screenshots

Wisteria Arch

Little Clearing

Freshwater Spring

One of the Sheltered Areas

Under a Wisteria Bush

Caverns of Kye

PUBLIC

A series of tunnels that lead to both Tash's Domain and the Container Park.  The music is surreal, and it has some hidden traps.

Extra Screenshots

Strange glowing Mushrooms. These weren't made by Kye. Is there another god awakening?

The bridge to the island that holds Kye's Alter.

Kye's alter. It's here that ceremonies involving Kye occur, along with visits to the Moonpaths.

Tash's Domain

PUBLIC

The domain of Tash. A labyrinth of badly-made passages and rooms. All come together to a circular room which holds Tash's Alter, the location where sacrifices made in honor of Tash are made.

Mia's Hill

PUBLIC

The hill on which Mia's Alter is located. Self sacrifice is needed to invoke her. It can be as simple as a blood-letting to the complete removal of a limb.

Container Park

PUBLIC

The Giant Oak and the storage containers used as sleeping areas. The oak has platforms and is used as a gathering place.

Moonpaths

PUBLIC

The Moonpaths are a dream-state where you can become closer to the god you are praying to.  The center changes depending on who you are praying to.

Extra Screenshots

The Crystal in the middle of the Moonpaths when Kye is being prayed to.

The Crystal in the middle of the Moonpaths when Tash is being prayed to.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:58:10 pm by Toast »

Zodiac

Re: [1.06]Toast's Maps[WIP]Image-heavy
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:52:01 pm »
Wow nice maps! If the Serpent River Pack Map will be for one of your packs, I bet I'll join because that map is awesome! Also, when I saw the title of Zodiac's Swamp I was like "Me?" XD. I have character named Zodiac too. Good luck on the maps ;D

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:46:09 pm »
cant wait for them to come out!
i've always loved your maps

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:36:19 am »
Thank you for your comments, guys.  I really appreciate your support.

And yes, Zodiac, it's for a pack I intend to make.  I'm too lazy right now, though.  I'll let you know when I do make it.

Offline animal

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Its like yknow, nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:21:39 am »
i'd like to join your pack in the map HonyComb,i'll be a pup
I cant believe im a furry

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:59:53 am »
I'm sorry, Carol, but right now the pack hasn't even been made yet.  It'll take a while, too, because I'm joining the Coast Guard and I don't want to start it before hand and then have to leave it for eight weeks while I'm at basic training.  It'll die during that time.  So be patient and keep an eye out in the future.

Offline nightthefox

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 05:28:34 pm »
where did you get the cherry blossom meshes? i'm trying to make an okami map but i cant complete it until i've gotten a cherry blossom mesh....

clicky <3
transformice fan <3 add m there! i'm nightthefox

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:33:17 am »
They were a free mesh.  I'd link to the thread, but it seems it was deleted in the cleanup. 
Sorry about that.  Hopefully the meshers will get everything back up soon.

wolfgirl56

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 02:42:08 am »
The cherry blossoms and bridge map looks kewl. I like how you added the waterfall, makes a nice touch there.

Zodiac

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 09:43:25 pm »
I have a tinyyy question: Where did you get the swampy water material from Zodiac's Swamp?