Author Topic: New Rules?  (Read 2479 times)

Ritza

New Rules?
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:01:15 am »
Community is changing, so should the rules.

OH MI GAWD HIIIII MOD. *warning/kick*
It's spam, useless and it takes up the chat, it gets in the way of real questions. Should be handled as spam, definitely when there are eight people yelling this through the chat.

HIII MOD SAY HI BACK! I LOVE YOU MOD!
Really I don't think we really care if the MOD says hello back. Shut up, and let them do their job and leave. Mkay? Spam as well. Should be treated as such.

It's almost harmless when one person does it. But when there are eight or more doing the same thing, asking the same redudent questions. OMGGAWD MOD DO CHU LIKE GUMMYBEARS?!?!?! It becomes an eyesore, you can no longer see ads, if you actually had a real question it would be flooded out.

Really not worth ban hammering someone over. But it would help teach people.

Just an idea though. Feel free to lock once your done.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: New Rules?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:03:26 am »
Lol, the rules are there, just that users don't follow them. So why should they change? xD;

Ritza

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:06:01 am »
What i'm saying is that greeting a moderator in an obnoxious fashion isn't //against// the rules and it should be. Have you seen when these MOD's come over and the pandemonium it brings to general chat for at least a good ten minutes?

What I'm saying is that these obnoxious greetings by eight people currently isn't seen as spam and should be.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:47 am »
I know what you mean, but this rule would be the one that it would fall under.

2. Harassing and/or threatening other players is not permitted.
This will result in banning.

Would be considered harassing, kind of. I understand what you mean, but it's only their "respect" for the mod. I don't really see it as spam, but as a light form of harassing in an annoying way.

Ritza

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:19:04 am »
But it still shades the words kind of getting kicked for saying hello to a mod would cause a panic since it's not an official rule. Kind of leaves doubt. There should be no doubt when it comes to kicking/warning for rules. The kind of is what has some of these "general chat attacks" threads popping up now. Get rid of all doubt, make it a rule. Being obnoxious while the staff is trying to handle a situation will get you kicked/warned. *shrugs* It would be fairly simple to do.

Plus harassment? Most people would say "I was only saying hello how is that harassment?" Then you have that problem, because really HI MOD isn't harassment. And you aren't really threatening anyone with it either. There's a law in rl...obstruction or impeding of justice. Getting in the way of moderation of any situation. Used in rl, maybe a form of it could be used here.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:28:40 am »
Hrm...now I'm understanding what you mean. xD Interfering when a mod is doing his/her duty. I read your first post as pestering a mod should be against the rules.
But now that I understand, I see your point. But how many users actually read the rules? That'd be the problem.

Ritza

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 05:40:09 am »
Yes, getting in the way of duty means your being a problem. Now the people reading the rules...doesn't matter so much to me. Government even says "We post them, you still get charged for the crime even if you say 'I didn't know that was a law.'" I feel like it should be the same way in these situations. I mean there right there on the forum with a giant tag that says Rules on it. If you missed it, that's your fault. It was posted, announced, and done. Meh. :)

Rak$ha

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:51:30 am »
Yer the 'HI MOD' spam can get a bit annoying.
But it dies down eventually, and only happens when a mod appears.

If it goes on for to long by to many people, sure, I think it should be stopped.. but then the mod will need to say something like "stop spamming 'mod' lol" and they might just spam more, since the mod spoke again.

I don't see anything wrong with greeting the mods with weird things like.. 'Will you marry me?' Kinda funny in my opinion, only makes the person who said it look like a weirdo xD

What do you think, Red, Tigg, Raz? Should there be a rule that says "Don't spam 'MOD MOD MOD' when a mod speaks."?

Evanescence

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 11:01:32 am »
Well I really dont think you should single out THAT group of spammers. If you dont like it, turn that chatbox off ;)

Offline [~*_*~]

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Peekaboo.
    • View Profile
    • Leo's Pride -Underconstruction
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 02:48:50 pm »
HHhhmmm... It Depends How many people /How long they are saying hi for. :P

I mean "Hi Mod" is ok, But load of people saying it becomes a Problem..

Someone just spamming it is just a Mod overlover spammer.  Thats my opinon... :D