Author Topic: New Rules?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: New Rules?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 07:23:43 pm »
Simple, if people aren't allowed to say hello to the mods, people shouldn't be allowed to post/spam anything non FH related in general. The "hi mod" spam should be classified as any other spam of the chat, cause the greeting isn't really a problem compared to what can be seen inside the game at times.

As it seems right now, there's no rules that will about how the chats should be used more than people using their common sense, so I'd say no on this, and thinking that mods should deal with them as in it if they spam it, not because they are saying "Hi mod". It's completely wrong.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Fussyjason

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 07:37:50 pm »
Agreeing with Red.
People are just trying to be nice when they greet them like that, and like Rak$ha said, it's also kind of funny, and the person saying "HI MOD MOD MOD MOD HI HI ANSWER ME HI" Is just making them look weird.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 10:55:53 pm »
Saying "Hi thar Mod" is much different than "HAI THAR MOD" x8

Funny as it is it gets to the point that it's not funny anymore, it just gets stupid. For ten minutes? People have to be done laughing by then.

I could imagine how annoying this would be if there was someone with a serious question, or a new player who might need assistance in anything from reporting to what have you. If people are going all "MOD MOD MOD" like Pac Man goes "WAKA WAKA WAKA", then I say warn them. There are times where it can actually get in the way.

"Hi mod" and "Off topic conversations" okay

"HI MOD" and "DO YOU LIEK ICE CREAM" x8 for over a minute not okay. Things like this can be funny for less than sixty seconds.

In my opinion. I agree with Ritza here.

Offline Dubstep.Freak

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
  • Letz.See.How.Much.Negative.Karma.I.Get!!
    • View Profile
    • Cafe of Paradise
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 11:27:44 pm »
Flooding of General.. obviously this IS indeed a "problem", it depends on how you want to look at it. It's irritating. But General is for General, specificly (Spell fail?) spamming is continueously (Spell Fail..agian?) entering obnoxiously.. : fdfdsf *enter* dfsd *enter* effsfs *enter* <-- Spam, no?

Now for advertising's sake, there should just be an advertising channel. Granted, people may leak their "spam" into there, but that's what you get a developer for. People enter things to fast they get kicked from the channel for how many minutes or seconds or w/e you descide. If you wish to be more specific on what people TYPE as spam (takes more time to get working), and the channel should auto-kick (or disable) for that user for w/e minutes or seconds you want, 2nd time they do it add on 5 mins or w/e. Just my opinion, I've seen this work before, it worked WONDERS.

And guys, we can't forget the fact we have a lot of people on FH for just 1 general channel, even for different maps. Perhaps there should also be a General1 General2 thing? General (Random) <-- Talk about w/e you like || General Ad <-- Advertise || That way there may not even be a need for the auto-channel-kicking, but hey, these ideas may sound silly, but I'm just posting some I think that may help. Not sure if any would work, don't know the way FH uses their codes or even if they use a core or what kind of core, so these may not be possible, but won't hurt to consider! ^^

~Freak.Accident
..?'?????????????..

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 11:44:56 pm »
I'd correct spell fail but I'm not enough of a grammar Nazi to do it.

+Karma for you, Freak.Accident.

Offline Dubstep.Freak

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
  • Letz.See.How.Much.Negative.Karma.I.Get!!
    • View Profile
    • Cafe of Paradise
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »
Ah, thanks Shusuke
+Karma for you as well :]
..?'?????????????..