Author Topic: Darki's Not-So-Complete List of Cliches  (Read 11836 times)

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Darki's Not-So-Complete List of Cliches
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 09:27:13 pm »
Here, have some cliches I've seen around.
Personality: Sociopath, insane, crazed murderer, split personalities, sighs a lot, others just "can't understand" them, anti-social

I don't think sociopath is used enough to be cliche. XD

Everything else listed is, though. Insane/Split Personas aren't cliche IF THEY'RE DONE CORRECTLY - ie for split personas not just "*switch to mean personality* YOU MADE OTHER ME CRY. D:<"
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »
Eh, I use the term "sociopath" loosely.  What I mean is someone that has no qualms about killing anything and everything.

Yeah, I love insanity and split personalities myself, but in FH it's exactly the way you said xD  Usually it involves switching to some kind of "dark side" of themselves, at which point I roll my eyes.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 11:07:37 pm »
A all black character with nothing but scars colored red and there eyes are red. idk why ppl think this makes your character badass because to me if your character has scars it doesnt know how to dodge lol

Watch your language.

And to me if your character has scars it means they've been in fight's. That's it. You expect scars if someones been in a fight, saying scars means they don't know how to dodge is just a little... Okay, WAY not right.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline IceDarki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Hurr, durr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 12:09:30 am »
Alright guys, It's sort of complete now. I just need to add in more facts for certain areas.

Ritza

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 03:49:08 am »
I will admit that this thread made me lulz really hard.

Why?

Because it's silly in a way. Tehe <3

But yeah I agree. I've also hated seeing the charries named "Unborn cub" running around. Well if you're unborn, why are you running around FH in charrie mode? Aren't you just going to change your name anyways to xyz cub and continue on anyways?

And the bios that go...
My father was killed when I was two days old, and my mother was killed before I was born! <--Lulz yes I've seen this before.

Or...
I have broken my right leg, I'm a mute, I have had my right eye stabbed out, my tail ripped out, I have whatever mental disorder, and I love me mate.... <-- if you have all this wrong with you. Why are you still alive? And how did you get a mate?

Offline Vulpes

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Groovy!
    • epidome
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • View Profile
    • Web Page
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 07:51:52 am »
Oh man, one of my char's pack is presumed dead. I'm not sure iff they are or not. There was a plague, and she fled.

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 05:19:01 pm »
Oh man, one of my char's pack is presumed dead. I'm not sure iff they are or not. There was a plague, and she fled.

See, I don't think that's too bad.  Usually what's seen and regarded as cliche is when the character's entire pack was killed by some ambiguous figure, and they're the only one who escaped.  A plague is a bit more believable and less used.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline IceDarki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Hurr, durr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 12:08:12 am »

See, I don't think that's too bad.  Usually what's seen and regarded as cliche is when the character's entire pack was killed by some ambiguous figure, and they're the only one who escaped.  A plague is a bit more believable and less used.

I'd have to agree, no one else would really think of a plague. X3

I'll have to add in a section for curing cliches later.

Nyan Cat

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 10:11:26 am »
Mines not a cliche, Hah, its name is Monoxide, and he is a cheetah, but the den wasn't safe so his mother had to move the whole family yet forgot him in the den. Also, he was 6 months old that time. lol. And now hes I dont know personality. He has no wings, no powers but just plain ol' cheetah markings and a bronze pelt with teal eyes. Though i think its kinda a cliche. hes a natural character... and many people are natural characters like lions. Not so many cheetahs.

Zodiac

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »
Off topic: Nyan Cat I see your charcater right now XD