Author Topic: Oh look another rant..  (Read 42432 times)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Oh look another rant..
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 08:39:36 am »
Well atleast i was able to say what i thought of the game >.> i used to love it until it started to go downhill FAST
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Haruhi Fujioka

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:04 pm »
I love this thread.

me too to be honest im shocked they didnt lock it

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:39 pm »
Im not locking a Thread that needs Attention from Kov since its seriously needet to be seen by him. Plus im not willed to stand faceless and mindless behind this Game anymore, thats what i had to be before because i knew he wouldnt change anything if i go to him all alone.

I am sorry if other Threads like that got closed before anything real could came up, but after you know what is really going on, i hope you can forgive us, we actually dont really had anytime another choice, since we just simply got everytime a no when asking for improvements.

And now you can see yourself. This Report-Button and general lack of features for Mods-Ingame is not important enough for him.. instead we get the Roar and Howl. Okay, its somthing new for Players,  but its absolutely not helping us Mods and Admins.

http://www.facebook.com/FeralHeartGame

I think if enough ppl would complain there, right to Kovu, that a better System is needet, he would -maybe- start to realise that.

As all of you sed the Community would be so bad. Maybe yes, but dont forget the Users who try to make it better, and you are some of them.

About the Age 13 Rule... there is a big Problem.
The Internet-Adress is com yes. But the Game, Server and Honepage itself, is not hosted anywhere near the USA. And the USA is, as far as i know, the only one who has that COPPA Rule.

Raksha already added a Rule that if someine is underaged for the USA, that their Parents have to take care of them. Of course no one of those Kids is even reading that Rule, but thats not safing them. Its like the Laws: They are written down, even if you havent ever read all of them, they apply to everyone. Even if you break a Rule you didnt know that exist, you will have to take the punishment. Its simply like the legislation out there in the World.

But i srsly agree that we are walking an a zone where we are on one hand having a rule making us somehow safe, on other hand its not the best way to handle it. Problem is that Users simply and easy can fake their Birhtday-Date :/

PS.: We are actually ourself looking to some Users to become Ingamemod, since we are much ingame and arround the Forum, i think Kov shouldnt choose Mods since he is never online anyways and would just chose his Friends to become a Mod, instead of chosing Users who are out of that Friend-Stuff and need a chance to prove theirself.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:06:12 pm by Tigg »

Haruhi Fujioka

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 02:30:55 pm »
Im not locking a Thread that needs Attention from Kov since its seriously needet to be seen by him. Plus im not willed to stand faceless and mindless behind this Game anymore, thats what i had to be before because i knew he wouldnt change anything if i go to him all alone.

I am sorry if other Threads like that got closed before anything real could came up, but after you know what is really going on, i hope you can forgive us, we actually dont really had anytime another choice, since we just simply got everytime a no when asking for improvements.

And now you can see yourself. This Report-Button and general lack of features for Mods-Ingame is not important enough for him.. instead we get the Roar and Howl. Okay, its somthing new for Players,  but its absolutely not helping us Mods and Admins.

http://www.facebook.com/FeralHeartGame

I think if enough ppl would complain there, right to Kovu, that a better System is needet, he would -maybe- start to realise that.

As all of you sed the Community would be so bad. Maybe yes, but dont forget the Users who try to make it better, and you are some of them.

The Internet-Adress is com yes. But the Game, Server and Honepage itself, is not hosted anywhere near the USA. And the USA is, as far as i know, the only one who has that COPPA Rule.

Raksha already added a Rule that if someine is underaged for the USA, that their Parents have to take care of them. Of course no one of those Kids is even reading that Rule, but thats not safing them. Its like the Laws: They are written down, even if you havent ever read all of them, they apply to everyone. Even if you break a Rule you didnt know that exist, you will have to take the punishment. Its simply like the legislation out there in the World.

But i srsly agree that we are walking an a zone where we are on one hand having a rule making us somehow safe, on other hand its not the best way to handle it. Problem is that Users simply and easy can fake their Birhtday-Date :/

PS.: We are actually ourself looking to some Users to become Ingamemod, since we are much ingame and arround the Forum, i think Kov shouldnt choose Mods since he is never online anyways and would just chose his Friends to become a Mod, instead of chosing Users who are out of that Friend-Stuff and need a chance to prove theirself.

Seems im ganna have to leave a nice message for kovu then.

Featherclawspirit

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 03:20:16 pm »

I see...... Sorry for my misunderstanding about the age thing and COPPA. I have to admit I was a "little" pissed when I posted that and more than likely made some big errors. I will try to be more calm and nice in the future. heheh ^^'

As for the search for in-game modders, how would you ever hire anyone without Kovu's OK? and it seems from what you have posted so far that he would never comply, even with how nasty the situation has become.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:25:10 pm by Featherclaw »

Haruhi Fujioka

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 03:29:36 pm »

I see...... Sorry for my misunderstanding about the age thing and COPPA. I have to admit I was a "little" pissed when I posted that and more than likely made some big errors. I will try to be more calm and nice in the future. heheh ^^'

As for the search for in-game modders, how would you ever hire anyone without Kovu's OK? and it seems from what you have posted so far that he would never comply, even with how nasty the situation has become.

Wel if he gives a crap about this game he will higher more or give them permission if i were the admin team id just higher someone without his ok. since he wont take care of the problem i guess those with some to no power is ganna have to make a stand and do something ourselves

Ephemeral

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »
"Wel if he gives a crap about this game he will higher more or give them permission if i were the admin team id just higher someone without his ok. since he wont take care of the problem i guess those with some to no power is ganna have to make a stand and do something ourselves"

Honestly, if he doesn't okay the new staff, how long to you think it will last? As soon as he finds out, bam, they're gone, possibly along with the staff that hired them without his permission. With the way it seems things are going, this site is going to die unless Kovu makes a conscious decision to change things. And since he is, for lack of a better term, the supreme overlord of the site and game, the other staff that is under him can't do anything except keep brining the issue up and controlling things the best they can. They do not have the same powers and access to things as the main admin does (I'm assuming, at least). It's not like they can decide to overthrow Kovu and take over for themselves to change the place-- this is the internet, it doesn't work that way. I mean, sure we could get the mafia to go capture him for us and then we can torture him into giving us what we want. Actually, that sounds like a good plan. Who's with me?

Joking aside, there is nothing we can really do except express our opinions to him about what we want and hope he eventually complies. And if he doesn't, then both we and the game are pretty much screwed.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:47 pm »
As far as i know Kov isnt interested in chosing Mods for the game. He leaves this stuff to Razmirz and god knows his time is freaking limited down, and Raz asking for our Help in chosing Mods.

I have to say, since there were some Mods acting against the Staff, intruding the system and what not, we are very aware of new ppl. Since the Forum was planned to be hacked and almost succesfully, but we noticed that and could demote it.

Problem is now, that our trust is very easy to break after this. But i think we already have some good Uders who probably can do a nice Ingamemod Job.

Offline rocky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Rocky and the pic are copyrighted to me, DONOT use
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 05:06:04 pm »
I agree with most of your statments and tigg is right on what she said however I did talk to kovu himself and he said he didn't like the whole "police force" that mods create. Personally I think we should recruit new mods, ones well known and hold there weight in this game. Ones people already respect and know so this way they may listen more, its unfortunate that the old mods quit but kov is a smart guy and can settle this out , it hit a bump but I don't belive its going down hill, I just think we need some new people in the mod area to help stablize it and personally I belive there should be an age requirement on this game,yes its an "animal" "tlk" like based game but majority of us are in our older teen years and are lit. Rps and from personal experience if you deny these said "younger"players they complain and bash you , so there should be some kind of age limit, however I don't think we should bash kov he's trying his best and he does have a lot on his plate besides the game. Were a strong community and with the right leaders in charge to help kov we will prevail.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »
Okay. at this point, I think you guys /have/ to hire without Kovu's "ok." You guys have to get some ingame mods and fast, cause I've heard that some of the current ingame mods harass people. (I'm not gonna give the names of everyone I have heard that from for their own protection.)
But really, you guys need more mods ingame. They have to be willing to be active and keep an eye on everything that goes on in the game and they have... have, have, HAVE to know the rules for the game IN AND OUT in EVERY way possible. You know what I think you guys should do? TEST some of the most trusted FORUM MODS to go ingame. Now, I KNOW that not everyone visits the forum... but for the people who DO, this would give them an idea of who's in charge, since they are from the forum.
Now, for those who DON'T visit the forum, you should ask around and see who some well-known ingame users are and test THEM to be mods. If they pass in either way, I say give them their ingame mod wings. (Btw, by wings, I mean powers guys. xD) Try to get different time zones, if possible, and avoid Zero Period as much as possible. The more ingame mods you have, the better.
I KNOW that mods have lives outside of the game, too. This is another reason why time zone reasoning would be a good thing. Oh, and for the testing, try to get everyone on Msn, Skype, SOMETHING that has group chat, make them give you their usernames and forum nicknames, make them exit the forum completely, track their IPs, do SOMETHING to make sure they don't cheat.

---Just my two cents. Just cause I left the staff team doesn't mean I don't wanna help this community out a bit.