Poll

Why cant we have wings? wings make me happy so we can fly WEE!!

Wings
No wings
I dont know

Author Topic: Wings-the only thing i ask for  (Read 25732 times)

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
Re: Wings-the only thing i ask for
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 02:32:20 am »
Am I the only one here with a possibly working idea?
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

TealSkeletore

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:18 am »
People need to stop saying that Kov wants FH to be realistic. He never said that xD

WindzLaLa

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 11:45:48 pm »
I agree; I just want wings. I don't WANT to break the game; if it comes to 'fly or don't fly' you can sure as heck bet that I won't want to fly, befause wings SHOULD be aesthetically pleasing. Not for flying.

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 04:15:42 am »
Again, suggesting 'flight mode' on mapmaker, as to allow/disallow flight. :l it's up to the person who makes the map then.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 08:19:23 am »
Yeah, lions fly, ain't that getting a little bit ridiculous? Not un-realistic, just ridiculous. :B
No wings... xD

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 09:06:22 am »
Never played IT... but i have my opinion concerning the wings.

I voted: no
Dont get me wrong... im really curious how it is to fly in this game (never played IT) but if Kovu doesnt want them in the game, then why cry for it? If he says so, so be it. I respect his opinion, after all he is the one who developed the game. Be happy guys, that the game is actually made and is up.
Im kind of surprised that ppl dont play but come and complain on the forum. Most ppl didnt even see all the maps but they want wings already... comon guys, the game just came out. enjoy it first, then when youre bored of it, thats when you come and ask for stuff.
Right now be content with what you have.

1. If you so want wings, then maybe make a preset, and draw wings on it. And there you are. you have a winged lion/wolf.
2. paying for wings: nah. Every game starts out for free, then they start adding extras for payment...it can go to the head quite quickly and soon the game wont be that enjoyable for the "free" players. Ive seen a game go down this way. Plus if i go on an awesome looking game, and that see that all the things that attracted me to it is for money... i quit.
3. chars with wings limited: nah. there would be ppl who would be faster and get the wings all the time. then there will be the ones who cant go on sooner and never can have wings. thats unfair in my opinion. Either all can have wings or none.

Offline ReaperShadcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • HoNk :o)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 02:56:54 am »
I'm a fan of this map idea.

Besides, I think it's possible to create interesting maps for flying characters too, such as an aerial course - a tunnel which is difficult to maneuver in, which goes upwards so one must fly to the top to see the beauty there - hidden portals which can't be found without exploring, wings or not - and fun details in the landscape which are admirable from above.

Wings or not people will still be annoying and make outrageous characters, anyways! XD

Irkalla

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »
Wings would be awesome. I've never played IT (but i would really like too). But I dont care about paper folded up wings. And of course, i voted yes.

Offline fogwip

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 05:00:03 pm »
i'd kinda really like wings... when i found it, i was SOO happy to finally find a free game you could fly in, and i was really sad when, as it turns out, now you can't fly. Sure, the wings were kinda paper-ey, but at least you could take to the skies. and sure, it would be unrealistic and annoying in hard to get to the top maps, but i always had wings in IT, and it was even harder and more challenging to try to get to the top of ascension isle without using your wings, especially since you then couldn't double jump. but yeah... I looked at another thread talking about adding animals like eagles and dragons, I think that's a good idea- it keeps the (semi)realisticness but still gives people flight. even if an eagle or dragon mesh thing would be hard to create... i think... not sure, i fail epicly at that kind of stuff XD but yeah... that's just my say- yes to wings, but other animals who naturally fly is an option...

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »
Kovu said no wings, get over it.
FH Texture Artist