Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142522 times)

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2013, 03:12:28 am »
I think its safe to say that we all have a different version or way of role playing, there is literate than there's illiterate, there is paragraph rp to short rp and even grammar which well, while some people may suck at spelling (Heck I am not the best in the world xD) Others are good.

However, the use of wolfspeak I find ridiculous because using long punctuated words wrong, isn't right, its wrong like a vocabulary test and you need to retake it, hence why I also love one thing about this conversation that is similar to roleplaying. We all have different opinions just like roleplaying and that can't ever be changed, and we can thank ourselves for that so lets, because how boring would it be if we couldn't rant about things we dislike or things we liked such as different rp styles to character styles.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2013, 12:21:29 am »
Can some one lock this thread please?

D--> No

D--> But seriously, like Silhouette pointed out, there is no need for the thread to be locked. It's a friendly discussion full of different opinions, even if we don't agree with all of them. Only a moderator or the person who created the topic can decide whether to lock the thread or keep it open. If the discussion gets out of hand, and a staff member feels the need to lock it, they will.

I know only staff can do that.

I only said that because people are going to bite and others will be bitten, and this will turn into an all our creativity war.

I am just saying, DubStep(No offense) will probably since how long this thread has been going for, Get everyone arguing, Like now >.>

EDIT:Yeah, call me an antagonist, I don't care anymore.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:31:42 pm by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2013, 01:08:52 am »
Can some one lock this thread please?

D--> No

D--> But seriously, like Silhouette pointed out, there is no need for the thread to be locked. It's a friendly discussion full of different opinions, even if we don't agree with all of them. Only a moderator or the person who created the topic can decide whether to lock the thread or keep it open. If the discussion gets out of hand, and a staff member feels the need to lock it, they will.

I know only staff can do that.

I only said that because people are going to bite and others will be bitten, and this will turn into an all our creativity war.

I am just saying, DubStep(No offense) is starting to whip everyone up in a frenzy.

Um, no I don't think she is. The only one here who is trying to start something is obviously you because this thread has been going since January of this year and it is SEPTEMBER and there have been NO problems. Going by your logic, we should lock ALL threads because they "might start a creativity war." ANYTHING can spur conflict. This is a thread for people who share a similar opinion, albeit a negative one. If someone else wants to make their own thread about "Wolf speak and why you SHOULD use it" has every right if they feel somehow "offended" by this but as I said, this has been up for 9 months and still no issue. You may do what you like but my advice to you would be to drop the subject right now as your intervention was obviously unnecessary in the first place.

ANYWAY....back on topic.

I've noticed a recent decline in wolfspeakers. Maybe its just me and my good luck? Anyone else?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:16:16 am by Silhouette »

Offline WhiskerWatcher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Red haired animal!
    • MsWhiskersArt
    • Ms Whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2013, 10:38:24 pm »
I never understood a word. Now all I understand is optics or banner. Still wrong to be honest. They all think they are amazing because they use words that no one understands. They don't understand themselves I doubt! But they like to pick on what they call 'lower ranked roleplayers.' Which I find ridiculous, lots of them have bad attitude. Probably from the wolfspeak.
Love you all <3

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »

^ you posted that... the bad thing is i'm in that pack...
and i can't understand a word any of them say....

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!

Offline dogs4life

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2013, 09:34:04 pm »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:04:38 pm by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2013, 04:58:34 am »
I don't understand why people are saying 'wolf-speak' came from WolfQuest. It. Did. Not. I've heard it used far before WolfQuest was even released on games like Furcadia and other wolf roleplay forums. It was called elitist speak alot more back then though. Sure people from WolfQuest may have used the terms to filter dodge but 'wolfspeak' nowhere near originated from there. I don't feel anyone can really claim who or what sites/games truely started it. All I know is that it came way before WolfQuest.

People really need to stop saying this. It isn't true.

"On December 21, 2007 it was released as a free downloadable game for Macintosh and Windows computers."
WolfQuest came out in 2007, I personally picked up on wolf-speak terms back on Furcadia.

"Release date(s)   December 16, 1996"
Furcadia's release date. I was very active on it when I was around 13-15 (2004-2006)

I'm not saying it started from Furcadia, that's personally where I learned about it form. Like I said I don't feel anyone truely knows or has proof of where the terms and roleplay style started. So please stop claiming you do and making up false information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WolfQuest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furcadia
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:04:42 am by ZombieKitteh »

Offline Blue_Apples

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2013, 02:20:36 am »
Wait...so...so...Fae and Brute aren't real words used to describe female and male wolves? e-e

I've been lied to all these years.

S**t.

So then what are some real words used to say female and male wolf?

I want to become an author one day, I can't be using made up words!

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2013, 02:22:37 am »
'Shire' is now a word that = green, apparently

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'