Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142508 times)

Offline Chickenly

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2014, 03:20:07 am »
Erm...

Well, I personally do not use wolfspeak. But, however, offending people in which do use it- I'm against that. Honestly, you assume every single person that uses wolfspeak is trying to look better than others? Unless you've asked and got to know every single wolfspeaker and could indeed prove that they are, avoid insulting people. Please. It's completely rude, to be honest- and, I have friends who use wolfspeak and I will NOT tolerate them being offended, let alone tons of people you don't even know.

The sheer fact that most of you are doing so irritates me.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2014, 03:26:02 am »
You obviously didn't read all the posts here good sir. We never said that ALL wolfspeakers behave in such a manner. We merely stated that most do. Which is true.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Chickenly

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2014, 03:44:49 am »
Yes, but some did. It still angers me, however, those whom are.  "Most", however, is not true. By "Most" I'm quite sure you mean  all the encounters that you have had. If you see someone wolfspeaking, and don't like it, then just ignore them. Telling them it's "incorrect" will probably make them mad. Also, this is one game. There are many other wolfspeakers that most likely do not use or play on feral heart. I have seen some rude posts here, just to let you know.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2014, 04:23:18 am »
Erm...

Well, I personally do not use wolfspeak. But, however, offending people in which do use it- I'm against that. Honestly, you assume every single person that uses wolfspeak is trying to look better than others? Unless you've asked and got to know every single wolfspeaker and could indeed prove that they are, avoid insulting people. Please. It's completely rude, to be honest- and, I have friends who use wolfspeak and I will NOT tolerate them being offended, let alone tons of people you don't even know.

The sheer fact that most of you are doing so irritates me.
Ahem...

DISLIKE THE ACT ? ACTUALLY HATE THE PERSON WHO USES IT

Learn the difference. ;)

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2014, 04:43:53 am »
I'm glad you did this to show your opinion but others can have theirs. Try not to seem too overbearing. (your not but i dont want anyone to get offensive)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »
Let's level the playing field here, as people just responding this seem to have gotten the wrong idea.

Point 1 - At no point in this thread did any of us say we hated wolfspeakers on the whole. We hate the wolfspeaking itself, because of it's grammatical incorrectness and the fact they go above and beyond to change the definitions of pre-existing words.

Point 2 - There are several wolfspeakers out there who do have poor attitudes, and these people are the ones we dislike. There are also several chat speakers out there who do the same thing that we dislike. It's the ones who give their group the poor image we look down on, and with good reason. When we say "most" we are referring to "most of the ones WE have encountered." This does not mean "most wolfspeakers in existance." I've met several wolfspeakers who are fine people and great to get along with. Those of you just coming into this thread, please do not put words in our mouths; "most" does not mean "all", and while some people on this thread -may- have meant "all", "some" does not mean "everyone in this thread."

Point 3 - Yes, others can have their opinions. If you enjoy wolfspeak and think it is awesome, then go create a thread about why you enjoy it and discuss it there. There's no good reason to come and read a thread that specifically is against the things you personally enjoy, and then berate us for having our own opinions about it. Why would you even join a thread you know based on the title alone is going to make you feel angry? Just ignore this thread and move on to ones you know you'll like.
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline Swiftstar99

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~I may be young, but I am wiser than most.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2014, 02:00:09 am »
Well I just CANNOT understand wolf speak. The othrr day I joined a warrior cats clan and like three people were talking wolf speak. I asked them what they ment and they said:

"Good God, either you have had no (beeb) education  you just need to get a (beeb) life!

And they went on and said some really offensive things to me.

Note: I blocked these peeps.
~To leave the darkness, you must think of light. Think you must.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2014, 04:00:00 am »
Well I just CANNOT understand wolf speak. The othrr day I joined a warrior cats clan and like three people were talking wolf speak. I asked them what they ment and they said:

"Good God, either you have had no (beeb) education  you just need to get a (beeb) life!

This is what I really dislike. Wolfspeakers act like drama queens, thinking they are so great and smart with a 1,000 page thesaurus shoved up their other end. ._.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2014, 04:13:22 am »

Did you get any screenshots of these people and the things they said? If you did, you can report the incident to a staff member.
Inactive

Offline AeropostaleWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2014, 08:21:03 am »
Wow, you have COMPLETELY read my mind. Wolf-speak is a disgrace to Roleplay, and possibly to wolves themselves! I cannot tell you how many times someone has used the word "cranium" as in:

Joe: The male wolf lifted his cranium towards the sky.

They are starting to get on my nerves.... One time, my alpha said:
The achromatic missile stretched her appendages elegantly, then slowly separating her maxilla and maw

So, you're a bomb who is stretching and yawning? Seems legit Not. If anything, people of have invented Wolf-speak probably brought it over here from WolfQuest, or maybe another Rping game. The people who use wolf speak have no idea that there is another way to sound intelligent and use proper grammar. Let me give you an example:

The she-wolf ambled down the cobble stone pathway, with lovely vegetation at her paws. The path eventually lead to a damp cave, with a roaring waterfall. Breaking into a sprint, Brook then emerged from a log tunnel and ahead of her ebony forepaws lay a puddle of clear water. Glancing up, she then saw the gigantic cave, along with some stone slabs that created a walk-way to the waterfall.