Author Topic: Odd Tags  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Odd Tags
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:48:16 pm »
Now, I felt this was an interesting topic :/

'Odd' tags.

What gave me this idea was earlier today, I was in Sky's Rim.
Nothing wrong, until I saw someone with the nametag 'M Assassin'
Er, what?
Turns out they "Killed templars", so they were basically playing Assassins Creed the fail way. :/

Also, the other day, I saw the tag 'F DragTeen' in Bonfire. Why is being a teen so important in FH?

Anyways, have any of you seen odd tags like these, or that make NO sense?
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:40:28 pm »
Usually they put those there to shorten the tag, about the F DragTeen thing. Usually I guess they just want to add that there because they don't want to write it in the bio or something, or people ust don't write or look at bios really?

I don't know. I'm curious to know why they actually add that there, but it's their character and it isn't a crime.. but it can be a bit derpy.

Now that I look at this... I'm a bit confused on what to say here, like if I experienced them? Not sure I've seen tags that literally make no sense... o3o Though, F Mare and M stallion are derpy tags I dislike to see.

I'm a bit confused though.... sorry. XD

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:09:52 am »
I have seen my fair share of add tag names, but for the teen one I know for sure its important for a RP to just distinguish age within a pride. I however don't do this but have seen this around some of the mappies.
But yus like Hugrf said, its there character and they run around with it. As long as they arn't making you wear a tag like that then it should be fine.
Sometimes I do wonder why some info they put in tags cant be in bios. Such as the M, and F tags ive seen sometimes.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:02:55 am »
Ahh, I've seen users who have these tags in their name. During my first days of playing Feralheart, I would put the "M" or "F" mostly because I hadn't a clue there were bios to which you can store info about your charrie.. Perhaps that is why you may see quite a bit of that going on? There are many floofs who are quite new to the game, and as they familiarize themselves a bit with the game, they may put an end it possibly.. Though as Hugrf said, maybe they don't expect others to actually view their bios so they would want to assure everyone what gender their character is.

Feareh also stated a valid point that the "teen" tag is crucial in a few packs / prides. I've seen many with "pup" or "adult" at the end of their names as well, though it doesn't particularly bother me much. Some have just grown into a habit of acquiring those specific tags in their names, nothing more and nothing less. As stated above me a couple of times, since it is their own character, they should be able to name it whatever they want {well... appropriate names of course}.

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline TMNT Fan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I really like TMNT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 06:15:39 am »
Yeah, i've seen weird tag's before. They were like this: <???>
And i was like: "WTF?" It was kinda weird looking at that tag. How can a player have tag with these: '?'
It's impossible, FH dosen't let you have these: ' " . > < ? / \ | : ; [ ] { }
It's just so weird when you see it. e.e

Click..it.... e.e

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 09:44:48 am »
I have no real problems with tags. Though, my blood boils when I see "M", "F" and "Teen" tags. Pride/Pack/Clan tags are fine, but I mean, there are bios for a reason.~ People most likely put tags there to quickly view the species and gender. However, the people own these characters, so they might as well do anything with them, as long as it complies with the rules.

?(=^???^=)?

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 10:41:59 am »
I have no problem with tags... Just when I see someone running around with "F Lioness" tag it is kind of strange or as Hugrf said about the Mares and Stallions tags.
So for me it is keep them if it gives some info you want to give us quickly. Also I feel those tags are for lazy people:
1. The person who adds tags has to add less stuff in their bio
2. People who want to talk with the "tagged person" get quick info about the person without looking into their bio.
shhh noone knows me

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 10:54:00 am »
2011: Chip the Pup

2013: chip m wolfpup

Times have changed XD But back to the subject; I never really have a problem with it either, unless it's something like F wolfcub or inheat...that's kind of wrong.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 12:25:28 pm »
I don't mind tags. Only a few I've seen really bother me.

I once say someone with the tag: M GayEmo. I was just like "Wait, what?"
I also have recently been seeing people with the tags "M Indian" or "F Indian" running around. That's struck me as pretty racist, or at least disrespectful. Why can't you just put human in your tag instead?
Or If you put it there because you are roleplaying a historical Indian, you could at least do some reasarch and find an actual tribe for your character to be from. Not all native Americans are the same, kids, all the tribes have vastly different cultures.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »
I find tags like Wolfdog, Teen, M, F, or whatever else odd. There really isn't much of a reason to have them in your name if they can instead be placed into your biography. In my own opinion, I often have an awkward feeling with people who use those kind of tags. I mean, I don't mind stalking a bio or two to see who and what you are, no one should be that rude and not read another person's bio themselves. Even if it's a relatively short or straight forward bio, anything's better than simply try to put it as a tag, it just doesn't seem like natural approach to me.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka