Author Topic: Some anatomical glitches  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Some anatomical glitches
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 04:12:19 pm »
Personally, though I don't care for them, I can understand the reason for the weirdly slender bodies: conventional standards of beauty. You notice it in art, too. People want their characters to look pretty, so they apply human ideals to a lion... hence, skinny animals. Just a theory.

I agree with this : D Partially because I draw my animals and such so skinny that they look almost anorexic XD I dunno, I just like how it looks~! So yeah, I don't mind that they models are so skinny (actually, I think the feline model could use some more trimming down, it's a bit too chunky for my taste D: )
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 05:07:17 pm »
I personally think the sitting positions now are the way they are because it keeps the models looking "pretty". If they were put into a realistic sitting position there would probably be spots that look jagged/crappy.

When it comes to rigging a model, I ALWAYS run into issues with the spine, because there are parts of the body that move stupid with a sitting position.

Edit: It can also be how a model is made that depends on how the poses are. Sometimes it works out fine, and other times you may spend hours trying to fix major problems for just ONE position. Example is with two canine-like models here. One is relatively fine on the rig and the other is completely filled with issues, where you see all the annoying bugs that need to be fixed.

Look here -- > http://i56BannedImageSite/faa0py.jpg
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:24:40 pm by Shusuke »

Offline blackmailchan

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 11:39:32 pm »
I personally think the sitting positions now are the way they are because it keeps the models looking "pretty". If they were put into a realistic sitting position there would probably be spots that look jagged/crappy.

When it comes to rigging a model, I ALWAYS run into issues with the spine, because there are parts of the body that move stupid with a sitting position.

Edit: It can also be how a model is made that depends on how the poses are. Sometimes it works out fine, and other times you may spend hours trying to fix major problems for just ONE position. Example is with two canine-like models here. One is relatively fine on the rig and the other is completely filled with issues, where you see all the annoying bugs that need to be fixed.

Look here -- > http://i56BannedImageSite/faa0py.jpg

Good points, and fantastic example. C: thanks

Nyan Cat

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 05:47:28 am »
I think there are major anatomical glitches too.
Like the canine modle, no matter how much you try, XD Your wolf does look skinny in someway. And if you try to make your wolf skinny well, It looks as if its slenderwolf.

And the feline modles look sort of messed up with the fur and the muscles o.o It looks..... Like they messed up in some part of their life. And the eyes too. They look odd and motionless, It really annoys me. If you make a cub character, no matter what emotion the eyes look very blank.

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 05:28:44 pm »
I think there are major anatomical glitches too.
Like the canine modle, no matter how much you try, XD Your wolf does look skinny in someway. And if you try to make your wolf skinny well, It looks as if its slenderwolf.

And the feline modles look sort of messed up with the fur and the muscles o.o It looks..... Like they messed up in some part of their life. And the eyes too. They look odd and motionless, It really annoys me. If you make a cub character, no matter what emotion the eyes look very blank.

People say they should add the following eyes effect they had on IT. I never played IT but that sounds like it could give more life to the eyes.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 06:50:00 pm »
^ That's probably something like a "track ball", if I remember right.

When I first started character animation, making a track ball on the eyes was one of the first things taught. All Kov needs to do is make a "bone" or two to the model's skeletons so that the eyes move. It's not hard. I'm more surprised that it's not there at all, especially if IT had it.

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 01:54:41 am »
There's a lot of things IT has that FH needs. :c