Author Topic: Some anatomical glitches  (Read 7448 times)

Offline blackmailchan

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • CerealSoup
Some anatomical glitches
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:30 am »
im not a, you know, anatomy nazi but theres some obvious and maybe not so obvious errors that i think deter me from the game. people have said that there are a lot less lions on the game and more wolves now. personally, i think that i would never want to make a lion character because of a few cultivations.

Here you can see that half of the chin is the right amount the lion head needs. i also fixed the neck thickness. I drew over the eye on the image because i was going to note something about the distance of the eye from the nose and ear but those distances are actually fine where they are. c:

the legs of both the canine and the feline are probably the most notably wrong. when the two are standing, their legs appear fine. im not sure if it's because its hard to animate the transition of the wolf or lion sitting or something but there's definetly something off here. the tummy in the 3D image was tapered too close to the body, lions ( and wolves ) have a fatter body. and in the picture, you can see how the position of the lion is where his back legs are farther from his front. dogs sit with their back legs closer to their front legs, cats dont usually sit like that and are a bit more laid back looking because of it.

i couldnt get the best reference photo, this dog doesn't really look like a wolf and it's head is a little bit eccentric.
the wolf's ears are very rounded, but too rounded. they look more like bear ears to me, they should be pointier, but still round at the top. Almost exactly like cat ears. the forehead and overall facial profile of the wolf is too anime-like. it should be less jagged and prominent. A dog's head is smooth ( like a slide lol ) and there's a tiny prominent bump where the brow begins and the muzzle ends. ( this actually depends on the length of the dogs face. Dogs with longer faces have no brow bump and dogs with shorter faces have very prominent broow bumps.

again, the leg is crazy and ridiculous oh gracious! when dogs sit, they tend to tuck their legs underneath them and close to their body and their knees stick out from their sides.

note: my opinions are not the views of everyone on FH. i understand that people have certain styles which alter anatomy. my examples aren't the best, Google wasn't my friend today. it was strange but for some reason i couldnt get the best pictures. im not a 3D animator/artist, so i dont really know how difficult it can be for FH authors to mold and shape things to work out for their best. FH is still fun, despite my annoyances in the designs. if there is any way that i could help, then i would. thanks for your time

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
Re: Some anatomical glitches
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:50:52 am »
i hope no one takes this as a hate-thread or something. i'm excited for all the future updates to come to FH. i just like to give a little criticism now and then

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 07:02:57 am »
I agree with you
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 09:18:58 am »
I have been a huge anatomy freak lately and these things really annoy me D; not much can be done about it though. I doubt Kov will be changing it any time soon.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 02:21:40 pm »
Mh the biggest Problem on the Sitting Anatomy is that the Armature, what animates the Model, is the biggest Prob there. The biggest thing that bothers me to hell are the Eyes. I dont like round lifeless eyes. They do look like puppet-eyes x,x

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 07:48:11 pm »
The only thing that really bothers me is the way the feline heads are D: As you pointed out, the chins are too big, which bugs me immensely cuz all my delicate feline characters have big manly jaws XD
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:07:26 pm »
.....Adjustable features are adjustable.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »
I though the body on the wolf was very unique, and you can change them with the character maker, but as for the Lion, that defently needs to be looked at, especially the stomach area.
Amazing job Black <3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 07:32:30 pm »

You can't make the chins any smaller though D:
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:36 pm »

But proportions are constrained, and they won't fix the anatomy of the wolf or lion by themselves.