Author Topic: Worst Group You've Ever Joined  (Read 6793 times)

Offline WhiskerWatcher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Red haired animal!
    • MsWhiskersArt
    • Ms Whiskers
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Group You've Ever Joined
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 01:25:06 pm »
I've encountered many "bad groups" to put it bluntly. These are some reasons as to why i did not stay in a group for very long or what makes a group less enjoyable.

Most of the people in the group were so caught up with trying to get a mate with someone that they did not roleplay with anyone else in the group. With me being a pup/kit at the time caused me to roleplay by myself after countless attempts to roleplay with them. Understandable when some people are in the middle of an "intense" roleplay but when everyone's doing it - it just makes it less enjoyable.

When some "rogue/stray" who isn't included in the group makes the roleplay more interesting yet is later frowned upon by the leader/others from the group. Meaning i'm not allowed to roleplay with non-group members, even if no one else is online
or willing to rp with me.

When you have to have a super specific roleplaying "style" to join certain groups.

Wolfspeakers that believe you are completely illiterate if you do not use some scientifically wrong, confusing language of
their own.

When you have a debate IC yet everyone else takes it as an OOC argument.

Going through the trouble of downloading a map/presets when the group is inactive the next day.

Groups that are active simply because of the 100+ members which move locations and don't recognise/roleplay with you.

Many reasons have already been said but these are some groups i would rather avoid.
Love you all <3

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 03:09:28 pm »
Hmm.. Well, I'm not able to join as many groups as I did back in the day-day (like, 2012), but I think the "bad groups" we see share a lot similar qualities (or lack of quality, perhaps).

People have mentioned being power-hungry or way to complicated with rankings and post order, etc., which drains the fun out of roleplaying. I get that.
But one trait that bothers me in a group is a leader who expects their RP to do everything for them once recruiting is done. For one, a lot of users on this game are certainly younger, and so this issue can be attested to inexperience. So, it's not the worst thing in the world, by any means, but it is one of the biggest killers of RPs.

Roleplays thrive on two things:
1.) Members
2.) Roleplay!

A lot of users are good with #1. They'll sit at Stone Bridge of at Cape Portal for hours, recruiting new members left and right. Which is a good thing! A group isn't a group without members.
However, once recruiting is done, too many leaders have either a.) Spent too long recruiting, so they have to leave, or b.) Don't see RPing immediately, get bored, and leave.

And, in my experience, if the Rp leader isn't there, the group itself may RP briefly, but they'll eventually leave. If they leave, and the group continues this trait, the lack of roleplay will bore the new members, and they will leave. After all, they did come there to roleplay.

That said, I practically swear by this particular form of recruiting, to remedy the situation for leaders who find their members leaving:
First, don't recruit for more than an hour. People have to be patient while you recruit, but if you're sitting there for 2-3 hours recruiting, they're gonna get bored and leave.
Second, once you've recruited, get some roleplay started, with the leader there! Every time you recruit! This gets new members hooked on the storyline, or starts new stories. They actually have a leader there if they need to get more members as people trickle offline, and they feel secure that they have someone there for guidance for stories, etc. The rankings do indeed offer some plot points, as well. Interest is key. Without interest, people will just leave.
Roleplay every time you recruit, and members feel that they didn't wait to be disappointed. Plan your times accordingly, group leaders, this way you're less likely to run out of time, too. Recruit early in the day (4-5pm EST is ideal, for example, during peak hours), and then try to RP for an hour or so afterward. More members stay this way.

But, if a leader and its members leave 20 minutes afer recruiting, then it's likely that more of your members won't come back.

Not many people figure this out, though, and so that's why so many groups simply disappear into oblivion, and become the annoying "Ugh they were gone in a week" type of group.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 06:04:15 pm »
I agree with the previous people, with the fast-quitting groups, powerplayers, wolfspeakers, people with improper grammar, rude people, etc. I don't really have problems with groups because 1. I'm not part of any groups, 2. Roleplaying is very hard and pressuring for me, and 3. I'm a lone wolf. No pun intended.

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline Draco1182

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 06:36:00 pm »
I have joined a lot of groups in my time (Since 2013) and I have come across lots of groups that are:
-Inactive (Never going online
-Long term (Just describing your character going to hunt)
-Too high ranks (That are unfair and curl to all the members even the ones who created the group)
-Wolfspeakers (This is a new one. It just shows how e literate people can be)
-Forum creating for no reason (People create a forum and then abandon it)
Thats all that I have so far. I can't remember the groups that I was in and I will not say the group names because (You know why!)...
In-game and forum username:Draco1182
My map section:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=50016.msg678582#msg678582
PM me to request some maps... More info will be given in the PM reply!
Prophecy Of The Clans group needing staff:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile

Offline MadiGusta

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • dA is MadiLoves if you wanna talk ?
    • View Profile
    • mamamadi.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 07:59:01 am »
Aw man. I remember one time I was gonna join a Warriors roleplay and they were so strict like- I mean... I can't remember the rules, but there were well over 25 at least, I can specifically remember how baffled I was when I commented on the hefty amount of rules they had and they insulted me for thinking they had too many rules. This isn't the roleplay but, one roleplay I was in- Novum? Aequalis? Aequalis! They kicked out one guy cause he tried to rape another member's wolf, like umm- creepy person alert much? That was a reeeally long time ago though.

Icon and Signature Art belongs to me
My FH is madigusta!