Poll

Do you think this game should be on the Ipod\Iphone\Ipad?

Yes because it would add money into the teams pocket!
Yes because I would love to play this game on the go!
No because i don't know if it would sell..
No because I don't know if the team can handle it...
JUST YES
JUST NO
I really don't care.

Author Topic: Feral Heart on Ipod\Iphone\Ipad?  (Read 16399 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart on Ipod\Iphone\Ipad?
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 06:11:39 am »
PC will always be the way to go, at least until we're on the deathbed.

It's pretty much
No because i don't know if it would sell..
No because I don't know if the team can handle it...
JUST NO

+
No because the game is pretty much still a work in progress on the PC, and no one knows what will happen
No because it would need to be licensed further as mentioned
No because there wouldn't be enough computing power in such devices today(also mentioned before)
No because in general it would require so much more to get it out on an apple platform
No because not that many users owns those silly products, and some find them plain out expensive for their use.
No because I'm not sure if anyone around here knows where to even start the whole progress, it wouldn't be a port, it would probably need to be rebuilt from scratch

List could go on.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline MFP07

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I will do my best to help (:
    • View Profile
    • My youtube :D
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 01:19:53 am »
Well I see what you mean (:

But just a little positive outlook on things, there is a game called graal on the Ipod-Iphone that is a huge seller and only has 8-bit graphics! Its a simple MMORPG game and it makes quite a bit of money. Anyways I see what you mean if you guys don't have the finances or the time you don't have to of course! :)

I will remain kind I promise.

feralheartdog

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 02:19:47 am »
I agree with  Sameth.If Kovu can mak it into a FaceBook game then e could possibly turn it into anapp with the help of the team or Raz.We all just firstly need to think we shuldnt pou ideas allover KOvu because he is a college student and he is working on this game for facebook. he reads like millions of emails a day. And of course he does havea life. But still i agree ith you Saneth. Greatidea :)  And skyblade please stop being so NEGATIVE. My Motto: Nothin is Impossible since everything is Possible.

Offline MFP07

• Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I will do my best to help (:
    • View Profile
    • My youtube :D
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 05:26:41 am »
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:53:23 pm by MFP07 »

I will remain kind I promise.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 07:53:07 am »
I know you want to promote your apology thread... but posting off topic to get more people to read it is kind of counter-productive, don't you think?

feralheartdog

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »
I know this isnt relate to this topic but it is related to what Sameth said. I agree that it is wrong that people try to get more views on a post they did by adding the link in a topic that isnt related to it Once a person clicks on it thinking its something totally different and then they are disppointed when they read it and notice is not what they are looking for they might become upset and say something mean or "bite a person". Now back on topic: It still would be difficult for Kovu to make a App for FeralHeat because think about it : Controls? Jumping, Left right, foward backward could be hard. Emotions definitly would be hard and alsoall those other actons. What about chatting? Don't youthink the chat wil go by very fast? The main points are that it would be difficult to program:

Controls
Actions
Emotes/Emotions
Chatting (that would go by fast because of the size of the screen) And hard to read
Quick Action keys: How on the Itouch/Iphone there arent really any buttons.
Making Characters: Hard right? On the Iphone/Itouch all you rely on is a touch screen and it would be hard just to input the numbers and such
Blocking: That would be hard you'll have to lok careful and block the right person.

There are more issus if it came to FH having a app. Hackers and such because there are many hackers out there.

How much time it would take just to get the app made (long time). KovuLKD doesnt have much spare time. Between College and and making the Facebook version he might only have a few hours there and there to hang with friends. Everyone needs a life and Kovu has one. Kovu also needs time to sleep! poor guy trying to do many things at once can be back breaking (if you understand al the programming coding transfrering and such that has to go on to make things.

We should all be happy already that Kovu is making it a FB game and that we have the FH we have now. Imhappy i really dont need it on the go. Like my friends said once over addicted you'll never be able to get off and hang with us and you'llprobably not be able to han. So i have slightly slowed my addiction and started hanging with my friends again. If it came on a app. No one would hang with their real frins and only hang with there virtual ones.

The end :)

PolarisStar

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 11:30:32 pm »
I think that is a productive and creative idea

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 03:35:49 am »
I love the idea. The Ipad is probably faster than my desktop. With better graphics to boot.
But if it comes out that the major devices can't handle, maybe all mobile users could be directed to a specific map. Maybe with a limit of 100-200 characters. Just like how lonely cave only allows one at a time, but many people could be in "lonely cave".

Offline Varagena

• Floof-O-Meter: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »
A mobile device liek my blackbery curve or even an ipad could not handle it they are not run liek computer they are run differently. I do not support gamign platform becuase one you need to have the money to make the game into cd two you need to advertise on tv for that and three what gaming company in ther eright mind wiuld tak an mmorpg like this into ther game systems. none of thme this game ahs no focus no goals it' rp oriented and companies liek nintendo or sony would not want this on there platforms.

Mobile devices can handle Spore, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Roblox, and many other 3D online games.  Why not Feral Heart? 

And Nintendo and Sony probably don't care if you release games about looking after literal piles of **** on their systems.  And as far as I know, most home consoles today support a keyboard, and some even support a mouse (thus fixing any control issues), and most consoles today support downloadable content from SD cards--one wouldn't even need to publish a Wii game as long as it isn't on a disk or the Wii shop channel!  Not sure about other systems, though. 

And there are several MMORPGs similar to Feral Heart on the PS3, last I checked.....
I see you.....MWAHAHAHAHA.

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 05:43:45 pm »
I can argue both yes and for various reasons.

Yes: i think it would be a good idea due to the fact that many people do in fact that many people do own these "silly" devices, which in turn would increase the availiability of this "silly" game. Also for promotion purposes, the more you get your product out there, the higher chance you will increase your already small memberbase. Convenience is another benefit, what better than just pull out your iPad and role play rather than lug around a laptop? Also, if you create it as a $1 app, that could gain the company some revenue.

No: Feral heart's server stability already sucks, PCs have exerienced and still do experience stability issues with it as well, perfect what you have first before you expand. Increase in products means the need for more staff and moderators, and perhaps developers specifically oriented for unix based devices.
Also for addiction purposes, a game is a game, it need not be a major part of your social life.

Note: The creation of an App for an idevice or even an android platform isn't too hard given the correct knowledge. An Apple iPad or even iPhone is (iOS) is based off of UNIX, a varient of Linux and can be worked with. Not many people at least in this forum know much about it probably because they haven't worked with it. Yes, it would be some work and time, but it can be achieved. I have seen other more complex game such as Need for Speed on the iPhone, if they can do it, FeralHeart can be done too. Utilize some of the iPhones cool features such as thr accelometer, it can be turned into a good app.
Yes, the game would be a battery hog certainly. Perhaps it would be a CPU and GPU hog as well, but that can be benchmarked in testing phases. On thing a dev could do is have the app only support iOS 6+ to ensure that only newer devices can have the app.

Another idea is rather than have a FeralHeart "game" app, what about a FeralHeart mobile website with login and inbox support?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:54:41 pm by AwesomelyOdd »