Author Topic: Just a few ideas for canines  (Read 1841 times)

Gryphon Azura

Just a few ideas for canines
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:33:24 pm »
Ok, so There are a few things I really wish F-H had, and I know they probably won't make it in but, you know, you miss all the shots you never take, so here I go:

First of all, I think that the canines need a few more tails. I got a little frustrated, because they have floppy ears, bent ears, and many domestic dog markings, however there is no dog tail. Like, if you wanted to make a lab, you can use the bent ears, but labs dont have a huge, fluffy tail or a sickle tail. I reccomend adding a straight, thin pointed tail, and perhaps even a stub tail also.

And While we are talking about tails, I would like to thrust forth another idea. Along with resizing ears, eyes, etc, we should also have the option to resize tails, so you can have a short one or a long one or just an average size one. that way we can have much more variety in the FH world. Another thing that may go along wit this is resizing legs, so instead of changing the whole hieght, and stretching out the character, you can just resize the legs to make short, corgi legs or long, maned wolf legs. (this can also apply to felines also)

Another Idea that kind of goes with the one above, is also create diffrent snout models. i.e. A flat pug nose or a straight skinny greyhound nose. I am aware we already have the snout resizing, but you cant make it really flat, to make a boston terrior character or maybe a persian cat.

those are basically a few of my ideas, If you have something you might want to add or an opinion PLEASE put it up!! :D
and thank you for reading this ^^

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few ideas for canines
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:48:33 pm »
First of all, I think that the canines need a few more tails. I got a little frustrated, because they have floppy ears, bent ears, and many domestic dog markings, however there is no dog tail. Like, if you wanted to make a lab, you can use the bent ears, but labs dont have a huge, fluffy tail or a sickle tail. I reccomend adding a straight, thin pointed tail, and perhaps even a stub tail also.

I agree fully on the subject of tails. The ones we have now, are totally unrealistic. Too poofy for wolves since their tails only hang just above their ankles, and are fluffy but not as obtuse as the ones we have currently. But then again, you can always customize your own tail via preset making. I like the more domesticated tail ideas, especially the docked tail.

And While we are talking about tails, I would like to thrust forth another idea. Along with resizing ears, eyes, etc, we should also have the option to resize tails, so you can have a short one or a long one or just an average size one.
Not too sure about this one, it's a very nice idea, but sounds a little complex, too much work. If we have different tails, shouldn't that be enough of an incentive?

. Another thing that may go along wit this is resizing legs, so instead of changing the whole hieght, and stretching out the character, you can just resize the legs to make short, corgi legs or long, maned wolf legs.
Another complex, but good idea. On the contrary, most animals with long/shot legs /do/ appear stretched out to compensate their lanky or stubby limbs. Height works well for this and could be easily adjusted by giving the slider a little more room to expand, since at the moment it's pretty limited with what you can do with it.

I also like the snout idea, sounds pretty sweet to me. Maybe jowls too?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:50:08 pm by EvilSock »

Gryphon Azura

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »
I agree with the resizing thig being complicated, I can live without having those. I just wish really bad that we had more tail options. Thank you for your opinion ^^

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:08:37 pm »
I think it would be fair that resizing the tail wouldn't be too much to ask for. Most "resizing"/"scalable" options are simply "animations" (at least in one game I've played they were) that are frozen in place for our wanted scale [Say 30 frames for a scale option and the "default" scale is frame 15]. If we can adjust our width and height, as well as weight, I don't see how resizing tails would be hard at all.

Offline Caesar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • I wish the 2011 Feral Heart would come back. :I
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »
snout models would be cool just not a bunch maybe like one,or two i mean we don't really need it but kov  might take it into thought.