Author Topic: WQ is shutting down guys <:(  (Read 21185 times)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: WQ is shutting down guys <:(
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2011, 11:00:28 pm »
i got an army computer like i said before, so... IDK what to say XD
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2011, 02:55:40 am »
I have an Acer Aspire One, with a nine and a half inch screen [I believe, I'm estimating here]. I can't run a lot of things, so I usually run REALLY OLD things [like WOLF and The Lion King for DOS, amongst others]. I had to set WQ to the "Good" setting or below. If your game overheats, it might help to change the graphics settings to see if any of them work out better.

If it still overheats on even the fastest setting, it might be your computer. Or it could even depend on what you do. I know that I can't go online because WolfQuest connects you to the computer of whoever's hosting the game, and I believe that you piggyback on their connection [I think that's how it works. All I know is they don't run it like other games run online stuff], and for some reason every game I would join always had a crappy connection, and my game would eventually freeze /shrug

All I know is I can run Windows Media Player, seven windows of Firefox, at most four open Gimp files [at 1024x1024 pixels], and WolfQuest Single Player all at the same time without any problems. o_e

Blaze

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2011, 01:53:30 am »
I think there should be a lock on this thread, since WQ went back in business. You all got off-topic xP

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2011, 02:03:17 am »
I think there should be a lock on this thread, since WQ went back in business. You all got off-topic xP

It's already been said this is open for discussion.
~~~

And I have a little $500 dollar laptop, and my Wolfquest seems to run smoothly. Uses Windows 7, a bit over a year old I think. WQ is also on our old computer, which is well known for harddrive issues and such things, and it works smoothly on that one as well. But we only ever use the fast option and all that, to keep the strain off.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Blaze

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2011, 04:14:30 am »

It's already been said this is open for discussion.
~~~

And I have a little $500 dollar laptop, and my Wolfquest seems to run smoothly. Uses Windows 7, a bit over a year old I think. WQ is also on our old computer, which is well known for harddrive issues and such things, and it works smoothly on that one as well. But we only ever use the fast option and all that, to keep the strain off.

:C I didn't read that

I have two computers and they both have WQ. On my PC, the graphics are TERRIBLE, and there are no textures to the terrian. On my laptop WQ works fine, graphics are very nice, etc.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:31 am »
Yeah idk whats goin on with WolfQuest. I think its just the fact of its graphics. Im still gonna uninstall it though :P

Yeah i think its graphics are too strong for my computer. Everytime i play it ten minutes into it my computer overheats (Overheat Definition (Geek Wise): CompTurns off randomly and takes like 2 minutes for the power button to respond) -.-

And i dont want my computer overheating either. It was fun while WQ lasted ^ ^

If your computer (is it a laptop or a desktop?) is overheating because of WOLF QUEST then you need a new cooling system, you should check to be sure your fan is working as well. Moreiver, are you sure it turns off because it is overheating? There are many reasons a computer can turn off while playing a game.

bunnyears

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 07:34:10 pm »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 10:22:51 pm »
Do not revive old threads just to simply post off topic.
there was no need for that comment above.
Locking this.