Poll

Should Mate Centers be ridded of?

Yes
No
I don't know

Author Topic: Mate Centers - Your Opinion  (Read 9887 times)

Offline Toxic Reverie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Centers - Your Opinion
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »
Usually, I end up blocking mate centers if they spam in all caps (which a lot of them definitely do). I really don't like mate centers, but I do think it's slightly immature when people 'troll' mate centers by either yelling profanity at them or telling them to go away. Rather than being rude to them, block or ignore them; It makes thing a whole lot simpler.
I no longer log on to this account on the forums.

Offline Blueyi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • omf Len Kagamine x Miku Hatsune is my OTP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 06:12:58 am »
Mate centers aren't so bad. It actually gets rid of mate-spammers.
But I really hate is that they spam in caps. Why not start a party-chat or group chat?
They're okay to me. Some pros, some cons.

I ship the VOCALOIDs Miku Hatsune and Len Kagamine together. Problem?

Offline Kitscourge

• Curious Wanderer
  • Raise your hands to the level of your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »
I Think they both have positive and negative sides to them. But personally I don't like them.In MY OPINION, I think the senceless pairing between mate-beggers isn't the best influence on the kids that play this game.When I first started playing I admit to going to them and they all ended up badly. When ever I rped and ended up accidently getting a mate it turned out ALOT better ^-^. Mate centers cause lag from the large groups and they attract trolls.Trolls in turn cause a chain reaction of yelling screaming and arguing.But they also help clear the screaming mate beggers out of general.Like the people above me said, they are both good and bad.But they aren't needed. Sorry if my endless rambling made no sence. xD Also ignore all those typos. x-x
If I were truly dead, you would not see the words that I'm typing!
Find me in-game as ~ThePhantom~

Offline DarkWolfStar12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 08:27:36 pm »
Personaly i dont mind them , long as no spam with caps , i actually admit to using them a few times

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:09 pm »
Mate centers are fine, but constantly advertising them without even waiting for ppl to reply gets on my nerves.
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 11:17:21 pm »
I try to stay away from Mate Centers.

Not because of the lag, but because of the mate beggers. I don't understand pairing someone with another person just to probably not talk to them again. :-\ (My opinion)

But otherwise, as long as they don't spam the chat, I'm fine with them.

I just don't understand sitting in a circle, wasting your own time, waiting to be called up, most likely not to be picked.

(Once again: My opinion 8))

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »
There is good and bad about them. I mainly avoid them best I can though, considering the lag they give me. You do often get quite a lot of mate beggars and when you call them all to one certain area then you get a lot of lag depending on how many there are. Judging by how Mate Centres work you can't expect the lag to go away any time soon.

"U come in da middle nao!!"

"Get out!!!! u had ur turn!!"

"CAN I GO IN THE MIDDLE NOW???"

"Nobody loves me!!!"

How it runs/works is what I don't like most about it. The player in charge calls another player to sit in the middle, anyone who wants to be mates with that character sits next to them. When you have others sitting next to you then you choose one and that's it, you're instant mates! Leaving the rest to wait for their turn again. You would only get a mate depending on your appearance.

I've never liked "insta-mates", it's like dating a stranger; not knowing anything about them. Actually it IS being paired up with a stranger if you think about it. In the end though, knowing how these things work, both players will end up not seeing each other again in the end and end up being mates with someone else. Plus Mate Centres tend to make a lot of spam in the chat.

They do however lower the amount of mate advertisements in the chat and random characters asking for mates, so that's a good thing as I would imagine.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Warriorwolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Crimson Sunset Recruiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 03:43:38 am »
I personally think they are bad and good, both have pros and cons.  Like the others say I much have too agree, but I mainly hate but like them. As a male, it keeps those pesky mate-beggers away. That's what I'm really thankful for. They create terrifying lag, and the mate center controller sometimes CAPs or uses general and that bit gets under my fur and annoys myself. The people in the mate center are like constantly spamming " let me go next". Another terrible thing that I can't sit near one. I have a computer to tame lag, but large mate centers make it lag terribly. Also, its also a positive place for shy people who hate asking them out privately and awkwardly. I'd have to say in percentages, 60% bad and 40% good.

Offline allisonw2000

• Curious Wanderer
  • Jasper there breaking my things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 03:56:56 am »
I don't mind the Mate center there easy to avoid and ill admit I've been in there once but I found someone who I liked even though we hadn't rped we soon did and becames mates <3 buts sadly I haven't seen him in a while so </3 but the Mate center isn't all bad (and its fun to troll there ;))

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 12:35:50 am »
I don't mind the Mate center there easy to avoid and ill admit I've been in there once but I found someone who I liked even though we hadn't rped we soon did and becames mates <3 buts sadly I haven't seen him in a while so </3 but the Mate center isn't all bad (and its fun to troll there ;))

I'm sorry, but I have to say that the whole 'trolling' mate centers thing is pretty immature. But, I guess if people are honestly amused by buttswinging in the middle of a circle of people and thinking it is funny, that's their opinion, but I think it's pretty immature.

Personally, I dislike mate centers, but I don't dislike or 'troll' those who do like/use them.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.