Author Topic: Adopt me! 8D  (Read 4549 times)

AlphaEclipse

Adopt me! 8D
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:44 pm »
Hai peoples~ I' back with another rant discussion!
Today I was sitting in Bonfire and all of a sudden a pup comes up to me asking if I wanted to adopt it. I kindly said, "No thanks. I'm not looking for a pup right now." Well they continued on and started asking other people. I ignored it and again, another pup comes up to me! I say (rage mode on) AGAIN (rage mode off) "No, I'm not looking to adopt." Why is this always happening to me when I enter Bonfire? Has this happened to others? Yes I know there is an adoption center (which I think is not really FH "appropriate", but lets save that for another rant discussion) and yes, I know pups go there to get 'adopted' but do you really need to go around asking people if they want to adopt you? How long has the 'adoption center' been around anyway?

What are your opinions on this?

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Adopt me! 8D
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 04:11:13 pm »
This is one of the reason why I don't spend much time in Bonfire - too much unwanted attention from mate seekers and homeless cubs/pups.
This happened to me a lot when I used to chill in Bonfire. I'd politely decline and most of them would accept that and wander off somewhere else. But some of them don't >_>. Some of them would have a rejection rage at me for no good reason, and that's when I just walk away or press the block button.
A note to puppies: if we wanted to adopt a cub or pup of some sort we'd come and find you at the adoption center thing. That's what it's for. Not that there's anything wrong with looking for people and asking them, it just can get irritating sometimes when we're asked the same question every five minutes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:13:05 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »
This is one of the reason why I don't spend much time in Bonfire - too much unwanted attention from mate seekers and homeless cubs/pups.
This happened to me a lot when I used to chill in Bonfire. I'd politely declined and most of them would accept that and wander off somewhere else. But some of them don't >_>. Some of them would have a rejection rage at me for no good reason, and that's when I just walk away and press the block button.
A note to puppies: if we wanted to adopt a cub or pup of some sort we'd come and find you at the adoption center thing. That's what it's for. Not that there's anything wrong with looking for people and asking them, it just can get irritating sometimes when we're asking the same question every five minutes.
I love when they start spamming the chat on how much they hate you when you decline. They act like it's in real life... Which of course it's not. >.> It's the same with mate beggers. When you kindly decline, they go on a rampage. Nice that ya' agree with me Doctor Flob (I have to ask this... Can I can ya' Flobster? 8D).

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:23:14 pm »
This happened to me a lot when I used to chill in Bonfire. I'd politely declined and most of them would accept that and wander off somewhere else. But some of them don't >_>. Some of them would have a rejection rage at me for no good reason, and that's when I just walk away and press the block button.
A note to puppies: if we wanted to adopt a cub or pup of some sort we'd come and find you at the adoption center thing. That's what it's for. Not that there's anything wrong with looking for people and asking them, it just can get irritating sometimes when we're asking the same question every five minutes.
I love when they start spamming the chat on how much they hate you when you decline. They act like it's in real life... Which of course it's not. >.> It's the same with mate beggers. When you kindly decline, they go on a rampage. Nice that ya' agree with me Doctor Flob (I have to ask this... Can I can ya' Flobster? 8D).

Yeeah, sometimes distinguishing from fiction and reality just doesn't happen. xD And yes, you may call me Flobster :P

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 04:28:02 pm »

Yeeah, sometimes distinguishing from fiction and reality just doesn't happen. xD And yes, you may call me Flobster :P
-Throws confetti- Yay!
-Possibly the shortest post ever-

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:08:02 am »
I guess it might be more difficult now what with the overall decline in active RPs, but I really wish more folks would try finding parents/cubs/mates through roleplaying instead of wandering around semi OOC and asking random people they find aesthetically appealing. One of my characters once adopted a cub completely by accident (I never intended him to have family; he is not the fatherly type) while in some pride in Fluorite. The pride ended up getting weird and we left it a long time ago, but those two characters have stayed together for probably two years now and multiple now-long-dead prides, and I ended up making a good friend as well. Honestly, having a genuine basis for RP relationships is underrated, and it's just hard to get that by walking up to someone and saying 'adopt me.'

I'm also strongly in favour of never making characters who must have a mate/pup/etc. to funtion properly in RPs (because what do you do with them if you don't find one or your RP partner isn't around?), but that's just a matter of personal preference.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44:42 am »
I guess it might be more difficult now what with the overall decline in active RPs, but I really wish more folks would try finding parents/cubs/mates through roleplaying instead of wandering around semi OOC and asking random people they find aesthetically appealing.

I'll agree with that; it's so much better to find mates or offspring in roleplay rather than just picking one off a shelf. But sadly, there are people who don't like it when people come up to them and start roleplaying with them, which I think is kinda sad. But it would probably still work in a group RP thought.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 05:00:56 am »
I own a fox char by the name of Quill. When playing on him I will adopt cubs/pups if they approach me right.... Of course Quill is a jerk and has a habit of emotionally abusing all others so they tend to run away.... When will Quill be able to find and train his first subordinate?

Anyway back on topic it can be annoying if they ask repeatedly when you refuse them once, or when they ask in a supper annoying fashion. But as AlphaEclipse said the worst is when they spaz on you for your refusal

Offline Loveme4ever

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:55:46 pm »
ERMERGASH, This happens to me 24/7. Then when you say no, they walk off sadly and complain about how their parents died in a tragic accident. Like, they start freaking out and saying, 'Nobody will ever love me....Im so worthless..." I am so tired of this!

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 05:21:57 pm »
This happens to me quite a bit, and it really does get pretty bothersome. I had one pup go up to me once and ask me to adopt him, I let him know that I wasn't wanting to adopt any pups right now, and he got really upset and threatened to kill me if I didn't adopt him. He ended up yelling at me so much that I had to just block him.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.