Author Topic: Name Claimers!? You CAN'T be Serious!  (Read 9758 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Name Claimers!? You CAN'T be Serious!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 05:38:18 pm »
Oh yeah Feareh I've had that happen to me a couple times to. I don't mind when close friends fool around and turn themselves into Lord Suragahas but when a complete stranger does it without my permission and then shouts at me that I stole their characters and that they'll report me that's just annoying. In Flourite a few days ago this random person caught up with me as I was doing my lap around the map and decided to clone herself as  "Lord Suragaha" with the same exact look as me but pup sized. I looked at her username and it was no one that I recognized so I just ignored her and walked around. She continued to follow me in silence... Wherever I went -_-... I felt like I literally had a pup and to make it worse she soon started saying "Can you be my daddy?"
............ -takes a deep breath in real life- Seriously?!
Still trying to be patient I refused the offer so she decided to caps spam," I'll report you and ban you for stealing my character...blah bla-" le block :) ahhh peace and quiet.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:41:07 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 07:28:40 pm »
This never happened to me before.  I think it is stupid.  The only time I would get mad is if I found someone that had my chars name and looks JUST like my char.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline darkclaw 14

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • You Can't Stop My Insanity.....But Thats Okay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »
Oh God......Name claimers....Don't ya just wanna slap 'em? Anyway , Here's the story , I Was with my friend , joining her Warriors RP. Her cats name was 'Crescentstar' So I Ask ''Hey! Great name may I Use it?'' She replies ''Yeah Sure.'' Then I See someone say 'Hmnmnmnm , Brb' in chat and they log-off. So I'mma still talking to my friend I Say ''Oh I Won't use the 'star' part Btw.'' Shes like 'Kay'. Five Mins later , Someone shows up. Same username as the 'hmnm' person but with the name 'Crescentstar' With the same design. they come over saying ''HEY! YOU TOOK MY NAME! CHANGE IT OR ELSE!'' So my friend says ''Why should I? What you gonna do?'' They said ''I'll report you!'' so I Say some things...Not that I Will go into detail , We ended up blocking her.
Im Floofeh And I Know It!

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 02:35:44 pm »
:)) If we all were to get mad for this,then I must tell you,there are like 100000000 Annas,Lilys etc. in this game.And when to think they're fighting on names that are really common in FH.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »
I've never had that happen to me,but If it does I will just ask them to be honest and tell how long they had that character,then the person with the newest changes it.But fights for the commonest names (Lily,Nina,Dakota,Flame,Scar etc.) are just not worth it.But if it's like a name that YOU created yourself,you should kindly ask the person to leave and that you created the name.If they don't I would block them or report them for harassing.

Offline Xanthous

• Curious Wanderer
  • Eating your flooffles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 04:38:25 pm »
Thankfully I have never encountered a name-claimer, and I hope I never will. It is rather ridiculous, and the general notion baffles me. I bet any money that these people go through the phone-book and go ballistic at every person who has their name. I had fun reading these stories, though.~?

Offline Warriors1234

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 04:47:49 pm »
that seems annoying, but hey if my name in rl were Sara by any chance i dun think another girl named Sara wouldn't just walk up to me and say 'HEY YOU STOLE MY NAME' XD

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 06:07:32 pm »
Nyeh. Lol, one time, I was chilling in SP as my character Mello. (Mello is also my rl name.) And this guy came up to me, with the same name..
<Mello 2> im mello u stole my name change it now!!111!!!1!
<Me> ...Um. I have the right to my own name. I am not changing it.
<Mello 2> my rl name is mello u stole my name change it now or ill report you!!1!111!1!!!!1
<Me> No. My name is Mello rl as well. You have no right to tell me to change my name.
<Mello 2> i had that name first!!!111!1!!
<Me> Mhm. And may I ask, how old are you?
<Mello 2> 10
<Me> LOL I'm 15. So, technically, I had this name first. I am allowed to keep my name. And, I had this name first, yet you do not see me trying to make you change your name, do you?
<Mello 2> change ur name thats my name ill report u!!1!111!!!11!
<Me> ...I can keep this name if I want. Now, if you don't shut up and stop pestering me about my name, I am going to block you.
<Mello 2> imma report u!1!!!11!!
<Me> -Le block-

Trololol. Yes. And, about the "Technically, I had this name first." That was just me stating that he didn't have the right to make me change the name that I had before he was even born. Lol. I wasn't doing "I had this name first, so YOU have to change YOUR name." Lol. I never told him to change his name. Just clearin that up.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 08:24:08 pm »
Wow... these stories are funny. It makes me wonder what a mod thinks IF they get these kind of reports. I wonder if they laugh just as hard as we do, or get really annoyed?
Inactive

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 11:43:42 pm »
Mhmm, this has happened to me. Well, my friend rather. She had wolf character named, "Sahara." Well, that's the name of a desert so I say it is probably pretty common. Well, we were at Cape and talking in local then suddenly, this highlighter feline with the name Sahara F or just Sahara, I can't remember, comes up and starts yelling. "SAHARA IS MY NAME!!!" And we both just told her it wasn't her name; it could be anyone's name, not just hers. But she continued. "No! Change your name to something else! Sahara is my name and I've had it forever! It's the only name I use!!!" And my friend and I basically just ignored her from that point on. Honestly. She did not come up with that name!
And to be honest, can any of us really claim a name? We don't own the alphabet. We can't claim it or letters we use from it. I understand if you have the name of a group that is entirely made up by you, or a character name you made up, and someone has the same exact spelling for it, that it could be considered name stealing. But in the end, like I said, no one owns the alphabet.