Poll

Would you like to have something similar to Ascension island but as a playground in one of the new maps?

Yes, that would be awesome! It would bring more joy and interest in new maps!
36 (100%)
Nope, I'm not feeling that, I'd rather stick to realistic maps
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Something like Ascension Island (but as a playground)  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Something like Ascension Island (but as a playground)
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 11:07:16 am »
I made a suggestion before I left the staff a few years ago that we could have small jungle map with a temple inside of it somewhere further up in the world.

If you went into this temple there would be a magic crystal floating on a pedestal and if you walked close to it you'd get teleported into another sort of more fantasy like world/map(s) that would have floating platforms and other more, unnatural things that could make a fun time to explore, but not necessarily walk all over the more down to earth environments and maps spreading out in "Feral Lands". It would be a nice way to implement more funky maps like climbing maps with platforms suspended in thin air, but if the staff ever took that idea into consideration afterwards I do not know.
I like the idea, would it be game breaking to put the portal hidden in those ruins in cherika valley if the jungle never came to be?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 11:12:14 am »
I made a suggestion before I left the staff a few years ago that we could have small jungle map with a temple inside of it somewhere further up in the world.

If you went into this temple there would be a magic crystal floating on a pedestal and if you walked close to it you'd get teleported into another sort of more fantasy like world/map(s) that would have floating platforms and other more, unnatural things that could make a fun time to explore, but not necessarily walk all over the more down to earth environments and maps spreading out in "Feral Lands". It would be a nice way to implement more funky maps like climbing maps with platforms suspended in thin air, but if the staff ever took that idea into consideration afterwards I do not know.

I really like that idea. I do believe that the staff did consider some suggestions regarding maps having those floating rocks around, as I saw a lot of those in the WIP patch. Also now I can see why Sura commented on this post saying what she said ;)
I like the idea of having a jungle map, as there is no such thing right now.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 11:14:50 am »

I like the idea, would it be game breaking to put the portal hidden in those ruins in cherika valley if the jungle never came to be?

Not game breaking, just don't see it "as" suitable as that map has a quite well established look and purpose, but if no other Jungle map would be on the radar I don't see why some sort of temple could be made into the side of the mountain somewhere in the future. Though I really have no paws in the patch work at the moment nor did I intend to ask if I could dive head first into it unless it was asked from me. Just throwing out old stuff that was talked about briefly years ago.

Interesting idea, let us all parkour please.

We're already low on players, don't want them to rage quit. lel

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Flurr

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2018, 11:31:16 am »

Fully agree with you! That would be pretty neat to have. It would be nice and creative to see that placed in the game. I hope one day we can see this placed in our game!

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2018, 03:37:06 pm »

This is actually such a cool idea. Reading posts like this makes me wanna make some public maps and such oof
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:46:22 pm by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2018, 05:40:14 pm »

This is actually such a cool idea. Reading posts like this makes me wanna make some public maps and such oof

Which you should, if you want! :D I'd love to check them out ^^

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 01:59:23 pm »

I love the sound of that!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 01:40:10 am »

I love the sound of that!
I liked the idea too, thought maybe platforms supported by vines in the existing world would be a nice compromise.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Calvary

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 02:31:04 pm »
I’m not sure why I didn’t see this, but I would love all of this. Very good suggestions!
For some reason I’ve always wanted a map with a huge hallowed tree in the middle of it, and people would be able to climb to the top and chill with friends.

I absolutely adore these ideas and would love to see these implemented.

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 05:38:33 pm »
I’m not sure why I didn’t see this, but I would love all of this. Very good suggestions!
For some reason I’ve always wanted a map with a huge hallowed tree in the middle of it, and people would be able to climb to the top and chill with friends.

I absolutely adore these ideas and would love to see these implemented.

That would be fun as heck,,,until you fall.

<3