Author Topic: hunting updates  (Read 30139 times)

KiYu

hunting updates
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:50:04 am »
my wishlist
1.oringinal prey
2.food,water,stamina,and health bars
3.able to eat from animal carcasses until depletion
4.able to drink from water sources

I think these are great ideas because we will have a true reason to hunt instead of killing for fun thus making a much more realistic game.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:52:34 am by Trey Bell »

Chelsea411

Re: hunting updates
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:56:07 am »
I liked the prey too in IT, as it was one of my favorite features in the game. But at the same time, alot of people only used them for cures, tames, items, etc., and kinda side tracked away from the original purpose of IT, which was roleplaying. It would be nice to have them back though.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:19:45 am »
If there is hunting in FeralHeart, I hope it's a little more realistic. Like the prey actually moving around in a herd instead of just being scattered and mixed up. And you have to crouch and hide from your prey before you pounce and chase it!

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:53:08 pm »
Excellent. Guys, if you want some ideas on hunting, go on WolfQuest.

KovuLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:40:04 pm »
i've actually a fairly different idea of how hunting or any sort of fighting will be like, but i'll prolly open it to discussion before implementing it :'D
basically i thought of putting together features of games that i liked, namely:
Skill system from Guildwars (and the pretty icons), Skill creativity in DoTA, teamwork + survival concept from L4D, 3D realtime battlestyle from Kingdom Hearts.
But those will naturally make hunting seem more like fighting than actual hunting.
Still, i thought it might be fun, so maybe we can have several different zones that allow different activities.
Just thinking aloud C:

Venku

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:43:32 pm »
Can we agree on Skill creativity of DoTA, but with the simplicity of League of Legends? LoL

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:24:04 pm »
Yes! Hunting was good, but I heard of PvP(?) that might be released in another update. A health bar would be good, too. Maybe EXP, levels etc. But maybe I am going a bit too far? XD;

It'd be pretty cool if there was a setting to switch on if you don't want the health bar, etc and just wanted to roleplay. Or what Kovu said, the areas. Maybe on every map there could be a PvP area? Or maybe even seperate maps for it.

Also, @Zarago- WolfQuest isn't a good solution for things like that. It's flooded with glitches and bugs, and it's not as good as FH is going to be! ;D

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »
TBH, be able to hunt and carry the carcass, include physics so the body might possibly even go limp and look really dead? carring could be like, right click, or ctrl+click same for drop, eat could be click, you know?
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Wudiin

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 08:49:59 pm »
WQ is an AWFUL example, In my mind at least. The game is sopposed to be realstic, yet a lone wolf can take out a bull, and or cow, plus to me it gets quite boring as the prey animal's AI sucks. (dun take my word as fact please lol, this is just what I think!)

from watching IT videos on youtube, I like that style a tad bit, but I think it will be much, much better in H if hunting and what not is added. As long as I can kill it, and it fights back, I'll be a happy Wudiin

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »
Agreed, Wudiin. I am personally a Wolfquest hater XD