Author Topic: Char Copiers  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Cypress

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Char Copiers
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:32:24 pm »
This one person came up to me and said they liked my char and then asked if they could copy it and I said no and they tried copying it anyway. Why do people do this?

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Char Copiers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:41:36 pm »
They just don't have creativity :/

DreamerDay

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:43:25 pm »

Agreed.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 04:34:34 pm »
People who copy don't have a creative bone in there body to make new character designs. That's why the black skeleton design is really popular. Otherwise, default FH markings don't give you much of a verity and it's easier to copy characters. What I can tell you, make the best of it or get mass markings ^^

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 04:50:28 pm »
It's understandable if you like a design, and you are inspired to make a somewhat similar character, but if you flat out copy the character, that's just really... Wow. I mean, people are really not creative. Why do you think there are so many cliche fan characters, or that people just play as canon characters? Sometimes it's because you would rather just play as canon character so you could play it through their eyes, but it seems a lot of the time, it's because they aren't creative. With the whole overused dark character thing, it makes it really hard to join a roleplay when you are a baby blue fox, because everyone's roleplays are so dark. I mean, I really don't want to hop the bandwagon though. Anyway that is beside the point. Some people are just not creative at all.

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 05:03:08 pm »
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline Fearlesswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 05:20:53 pm »
Personally. i havent had any issues with people copying my characters. I have run into a couple with the same markings and pelt color but I dont flip out on them.

IF , however, I find out there's been an imposter calling themselves Avalon and acting like me, then I would have a problem with it.

Making unique characters takes loads of time and some people dont want to spend all that time creating a character. NOTE : No, I'm not giving them an excuse for character copying.

Take this as an example: I've created a Scar character and another roleplayer complimented it. Of course I thanked him. After this, he started asking for the color numbers. This alarmed me and I told him I didnt remember because I knew the possibilities of him making the exact character.

We all have those original characters- the ones we spent up to an hour maybe longer, creating! We dont want anyone stealing that character, but we cannot be to strict about it. Just because they have the same pelt color doesnt mean they are copying you. I know it can get annoying, but, its not always intentional.
In-Game Username - Fearlesswolf
"Forgiveness comes easy to those with an open heart; does that mean they'll forget? Oh no. They never will."

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 05:22:32 pm »
Personally. i havent had any issues with people copying my characters. I have run into a couple with the same markings and pelt color but I dont flip out on them.

IF , however, I find out there's been an imposter calling themselves Avalon and acting like me, then I would have a problem with it.

Making unique characters takes loads of time and some people dont want to spend all that time creating a character. NOTE : No, I'm not giving them an excuse for character copying.

Take this as an example: I've created a Scar character and another roleplayer complimented it. Of course I thanked him. After this, he started asking for the color numbers. This alarmed me and I told him I didnt remember because I knew the possibilities of him making the exact character.

We all have those original characters- the ones we spent up to an hour maybe longer, creating! We dont want anyone stealing that character, but we cannot be to strict about it. Just because they have the same pelt color doesnt mean they are copying you. I know it can get annoying, but, its not always intentional.

This is very true, as there can be thousands of coincidental possibilities with how many characters are in the game.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:52 pm »
I can't say that I've had much experience with people copying the look of my characters but if someone asked me if they could I don't think I could turn them down in good conscious. My characters tend to have a "natural" look to them mostly comprised of ivories, browns or grayish colours and I can't claim to have any ownership over a "natural" look, the markings or (God forbid) the actual colours used. Furthermore if someone likes the look of my character enough to try to do the same thing can I really stop them? It's not like me telling them to cut it out will prevent them....

Actually when I think about it I don't have a problem with people copying the look of my character as long as they don't try to pretend to be me or rip every aspect of the character... Actually I have a few character I would not mind people drawing from the look of... I'm talking to you 0,0,0 pelt/marking melanistic leopards, how can you think that looks good? Just go ahead and straight rip Kith's design, please... He's not the best out there but at least you can see the textures on the model...

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 03:14:26 pm »
There were times where my character was very similar to another user's and they went batshit crazy over the fact I had say - similar lines or markings, even though I just made up a random character, not thinking other's would have the same but almost in particular. Like, it wasn't that big of a deal, some people like to have twins, but others don't and I can understand that people shouldn't or want to be copied so they can be proud of what they made and would be annoyed if someone else stole that creation.

However, I did encounter people that have the similar names...and of course again, people get irritated if you have the same name as them. Doesn't matter the case, names can be popular upon use! It shouldn't offend others in a way if a name is used very often.However, if there would be two Ashes in a pride/pack, it would be necessary to change the name so there would be less confusion.
In-game user-name is SpecialK42293
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;