Author Topic: My two cents about FH Roleplaying  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Monochromy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
Re: My two cents about FH Roleplaying
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 07:26:20 am »
I also hate the moments when:

a)  you have your RP post and you're ready to post, but then your friend comes in and posts something that makes the content of your post irrelevant. Then, you have to erase EVERYTHING and write a new post. Repeat cycle.

b) when you're writing a perfect post and your friends start asking "Is she afk?" GLOB, I'm trying to write a post, don't make me erase it and have to reply to you. >:C Then, repeat with (a)!

signature and avatar drawn by me <3

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 10:33:10 pm »
I don't understand why some people think that post length is so important in roleplaying. It shouldn't matter what the quantity of words are, but more of the quality. When it comes to roleplaying, I'm not really picky on who I roleplay with based on their skill. Some people argue that I have low standards... but WHO CARES!? Roleplaying is supposed to be fun, not hard work.
Inactive

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 10:35:18 pm »
And I have to be able to understand what they are saying. I also do not tolerate "Wolfspeak" it annoys me personally (sorry everyone who RPs in Wolfspeak ;D)

Otherwise, I really don't care how you RP as long as everyone's having fun.

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline Monochromy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 11:05:41 pm »
Same here. I just don't really bother with literate roleplaying currently because most of it asks for post-length I really can't come up with on the spot.

signature and avatar drawn by me <3

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 02:30:30 am »
 I have a hard time finding the margin between "wolf speek" and "talking like a normal person". Would "thus", "moreover", etc., be counted as wolf speak?
Happy Pride Month!

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 03:04:45 am »
Nope! Wolfspeak is when people say stuff like "orbs" as eyes and "stilts" as legs...which doesn't make sense and sounds silly but apparently they think it makes them sound like awesome, skilled, RPers
The words YOU had above would be perfectly acceptable non-wolfspeak words!

It is generally frowned upon (as far as I've seen on the forums anyway) but most of the "literate" RPs I join still have that nonsense.

EDIT: Here's a thread that explains "wolfspeak" pretty well, hope it helps you a bit  ;) (As an added bonus, it includes a very funny picture)
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=32034.0
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:44:40 pm by StormClaws68 »

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 03:58:43 pm »
I don't understand why some people think that post length is so important in roleplaying. It shouldn't matter what the quantity of words are, but more of the quality. When it comes to roleplaying, I'm not really picky on who I roleplay with based on their skill. Some people argue that I have low standards... but WHO CARES!? Roleplaying is supposed to be fun, not hard work.
My entire take on the subject is summed by Lady Alizarin, thank you, m'lady. For a time when I was brand new to the game, I did think the length of a post mattered, mostly considering people pushed the idea. Eventually, I started read posts on other forums that could be a page long and be the most interesting and creative pieces of art I've seen. I realized that role-playing was more clever than simply the amount of words you can place into a post. Instead how creative a story for an original character could be and how people can interact with their character, having a good time.

I think this is a great idea. I hate how there are rules, about how long a post should be. Really? It doesn't have to be liong to get the detail in.
I find this rather odd, myself. My guess is that people do not want their members to be lazy and type one-liners. However, on a MMORPG, where patience is beyond thin, it would make sense to why people simply post in a single sentence. Clean, straight to the point, if it's not too boring.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 01:24:38 am »
@: SotrmClaws68
XD thanks! That was a run experience! (Am I the only one noticing horses always calling their dang tails Banners?!)
Happy Pride Month!