Author Topic: Localization for FeralHeart!  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Localization for FeralHeart!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 09:52:14 pm »
This is an amazing idea! It would be a lot nicer for non-English speakers to navigate the game and understand what the buttons mean and everything. Makes for a much nicer user experience.

If we were to have more downloads for each language though, it might become an issue for people who want to download them using the torrent method as there would be less seeds to download from but I'm not positive on that. I'm sure we could create a workaround on Mediafire for people to download the game! 

I've made map objects with different textures depending on which mat file you put in the materials folder.  By logical extension all languages that appear as .jpg or .png could be packaged as a single download and you swap in a material file that suits the language you want to see.
Not sure how well that would work for the text generated outside of the loading screens and billboards though...

It won't work for the text generated outside of the loading screens. But yes, it will be good to have translated loading screens and maybe even the in-game rules and other information, which you can see once you appear in "Lonely Cave". c:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:10:11 pm by Valhayes »

Signature art by Kynvuu