Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 117573 times)

Offline XxFishyxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • ?
    • View Profile
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »
I have seen a few more people now that also share my opinion about this idea. Every time I log on to Feral Heart it says the "no registration" thing. I just don't see how this will help, and no one answered my question. Does creating accounts, coming onto FH for one day then never using the account again cause lag? Does creating accounts in general cause lag? If not then I don't see how this will help lag. And even so, I don't think we should stop members from coming just for the sake of the servers..I mean, I only really get lag in Flourite, or in maps with a lot of objects and people in it. If you have a bad computer than that would be the source of the lag. This just doesn't make sense.

I actually agree with this~
You call it insane...
I think of it more like, mentally creative.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:45 pm »
We have our good reasons of doing this change, and I'm sorry to say this but all you can do is really try to like the situation we are in right now or at least try to make the best out of it. The amount of the accounts that exist doesn't cause lag issues  directly at hand. But really, this will stay for now. Registrations are open at random times, and that's how it will be.

This isn't a fun change, but we didn't really do it because we thought it was either.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:59 am »
I have seen a few more people now that also share my opinion about this idea. Every time I log on to Feral Heart it says the "no registration" thing. I just don't see how this will help, and no one answered my question. Does creating accounts, coming onto FH for one day then never using the account again cause lag? Does creating accounts in general cause lag? If not then I don't see how this will help lag. And even so, I don't think we should stop members from coming just for the sake of the servers..I mean, I only really get lag in Flourite, or in maps with a lot of objects and people in it. If you have a bad computer than that would be the source of the lag. This just doesn't make sense.

Not only to respond to Silvertide but also to the others who continue asking the same question(s) This is my understanding of the things that are going on around here:

The main reason this is being done is to help the servers as said several times. There are alot of people currently on Feral Heart and lately this mass population has been crowding up Fluorite Plains and not allowing others to access Fluorite Plains yet alone the Temple of Dreams which is situated in Fluorite. As you should know most RPing is done in Fluorite plains because it is the largest of the in game maps with the most "livable" environment having the dens and so forth. As of lately most users can't get into Fluorite anymore because the map is too crowded and so they keep getting bad tokens or can not connect to map server error messages. To help with this issue Razmirz had bumped the population limit to 300 from the former 200 just recently. As you and many others should have noticed this helped tremendously because finally people were able to access Fluorite with little to no bad tokens but the only problem was that it seems that the bump to 300 started to strain the server and thus it started crashing nonstop. Razmirz lowered it back to 160 now to avoid the crashes and test the stability of the server now no doubt.

The player profiles are not causing lag the reason for deleting those that people never use or return to is to keep things on the site free and clean of inactive accounts most likely because the individual profiles and characters are saved on the server. So why keep these useless accounts?

The registration lock is to slow & filter the huge flow of new comers because the game server can barely handle the amount of people we've already got yet alone more who will just continue to crowd the maps and just bring us back to problem one. Recently it would seem that the game has been growing at a faster rate than ever and so imagine if the new registration limit wasn't on. The new comers would just keep pouring in with the already old users and we'll have not only Fluorite down but other maps too. Raz can only open up the population limit so much to accommodate this many users without the game server crashing and then everyone not being able to play. Its either one or the other right now because as some of you have already starting suggesting running a second server would just mean more money and maintainence  and it's already so much to handle one. Hope that explains it to you.
As annoying as this new policy may seem for new comers we just have to sit it through until some better solution can be thought up here. I am sure the admins and staff have no intention of making things such an inconvenience around here but rather are trying their best to fit to everyones needs & work things out for the better of the community.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:51:49 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2012, 06:54:14 am »
The main reason this is being done is to help the servers as said several times.
Who cares? I do not believe that it is the only way to fix servers. There wasn't any updates for client for 9 months, and it is still full of bugs. Why should I think server software is better? The only thing I hear: "Do not ask anything, ur god Kov is writing The Code for you. Just wait". I don't believe in this anymore. I want to know why server is too slow, is that a hardware or software problem, and what else can be done. And I want to know how much code has been written so far. Maybe there is a reason to keep everything in secret, but I don't see any.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 07:35:35 am »
Who cares? I do not believe that it is the only way to fix servers. There wasn't any updates for client for 9 months, and it is still full of bugs. Why should I think server software is better? The only thing I hear: "Do not ask anything, ur god Kov is writing The Code for you. Just wait". I don't believe in this anymore. I want to know why server is too slow, is that a hardware or software problem, and what else can be done. And I want to know how much code has been written so far. Maybe there is a reason to keep everything in secret, but I don't see any.

The reason I wrote the above was to answer questions that have been repeated on here by several users.

Who cares you say? Anyone who is part of the community and wants to be able to get into the game and play it including you should care. Of course this is not the only way to help the server along because at some point the larger issues at hand will have to be taken care of and minor solutions like the current one might not work forever but that's the reason these methods are being tested out. Remember that we are working with a small privately run & funded server and there's only so much you can expect from it's output. The server runs well but as with all technology nothing is perfect and it has its tendencies to crash from time to time for various reasons. Know that Razmirz is the only one person handling business with the server too. It is true that the game has not been updated in some time but that does not mean that the creator Kovu is not still working on it. The game is buggy because it is still a work in progress and it takes time to find bugs and come up with methods for fixing them. Compared to most WIP games Feral Heart runs pretty smooth and most of the bugs are minor problems. The staff have said several times that they have lost contact with Kovu for some time now. He is most likely busy with other things especially since he was working on a FeralHeart facebook app on top of his college studies and personal life. Chances are maybe he wants a brief break from all this ever think of that? The key here is to be patient. Once Kovu comes around again I am sure updates will follow shortly and bugs will be fixed. As for the server if a better solution was known things would have already been fixed by now and running easier. The staff are working hard to get things back to normal or at least as close to normal as they can get them. I'm sure things will be fixed soon enough, but for right now we have to just deal with what we've got which isn't too bad...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:37:45 am by LordSuragaha »

CloudFish

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »
The main reason this is being done is to help the servers as said several times.

The thing is; there is no say on whether the code for the game is being written or expanded upon. Would like to reference something stated by a staff member on another thread:

So nice to see such positive feedback from you floofs.
One side note for the user who asked about a game update (too lazy to scroll up and quote it); if you can get in contact with Kov, you let us know. xD

This game was not released with the intent to, as its seems to be going, to actually continue to be expounded upon. It was a way to satisfy the creator's outlet after the problems with the initial game released years ago.

We all want. But that isn't enough, and with the way the server is set up, while i think it quite silly as well, its being paid for by a sole party.

For those asking about finance.

A topic I keep seeing cropping up... while Its notice to see you all want to help I'm going to have to ask that you all stop discussing the generation of money for the servers/staff for a number of reasons which I won't be stating here. Anyone who's going out of there way to make some extra money I ask you to stop immediately  if anyone has any specific problems or questions you can contact me directly by pm. Any further threads/posts regarding the topic will be removed by staff.

Razmirz

Located here.

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:35 pm »
Yeah I noticed that the registration is closed. Yes, there wre alot of users so taking it down does make sense. xD

~~Alaskan~~

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2012, 12:32:11 am »
Razz nice touch, it sounds great system. im looking forward to it (sorry if i made spelling mistake im very bad at spelling) :)
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline RedWolf995

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Wowolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2012, 12:27:56 am »
My friend wanted to join, now i know why the registration was closed.

Offline sonicTH1554

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 09:38:49 pm »
i hope its open soon