Poll

Should we get rid of the buttswing and headbang? Should we have a turn on/off chat filter?

Get rid of the buttswing
8 (9.4%)
Get rid of the buttswing and MODIFY headbang
14 (16.5%)
Use a chat filter that you can turn on/off
16 (18.8%)
MODIFY the headbang
12 (14.1%)
Get more MODS in-game
23 (27.1%)
CLOSE DOWN FH+
12 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: I Have Got Some Things to SAY! (Pin this please)  (Read 7623 times)

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
I Have Got Some Things to SAY! (Pin this please)
« on: November 25, 2011, 12:00:02 am »
Which of these should we do? I think:

We should get rid of the buttswing because people are using it to the 'rape' other people. This GAME HAS KIDS IN IT, PEOPLE! I think also we should replace it with the IT Moonwalk. I don't care if there's another way you can do the moonwalk or not, It's an awesome dance move!

We should not GET RID of the headbang, but MODIFY it to where people can not use it TO RAPE OTHER PEOPLE. Look at what I said from above, guys, seriously? CHILDREN PLAY THIS GAME!

I think we should have a chat filer that you can turn on/off so that people who want to curse should curse, and people who don't wanna SEE IT, can just turn it off.

I think we should get more of the MODS in the game. And if there ARE mods in the game.... THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB. No offense, but if you are a mod and if you go in the game, you are there to be doing your JOB. I know you're not paid, but that's what you chose to do.

We can also close FH+. FH+ is a MAJOR, TERRIBLE troll breeding ground! People are troling there all the time, I have heard that people curse their mouths out there, and it is as glitchy as HECK. All Simba needs to do is close it, and STOP stretching the mods from OUR game to HIS game. I am sorry, but it is not helping us any more than what we had, it is making it worse. Simba, if you EVER read this, PLEASE CLOSE DOWN FH+. You will do us all a favor. I am not hating on FH+ or anything for you n00bs that will overreact to such a stupid thing, but I am saying it is not helping the FH community.

Well, your choice. Pick wisely.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Re: I Have Got Some Things to SAY! (Pin this please)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:53:41 am »
you can already moonwalk and i DO NOT think that the buttswing should be removed (my character doesn't look right using an other dance move XD) and even if you remove it people are going to find another way no matter what you do...
i agree on the ability to turn the chat filter on and off but i also think we should have the choice to turn collisions on players on and off so people can't use the buttswing and headbang on you.

the mods are doing their job but don't forget that their people too, the can't be everywhere at once and since FH+ came out it's been even harder for them to do their job :T give them a break their mods not supermen/women

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:20:43 am »
If more users wants to see this thread stickied we should to be able to sticky it for a while.

Some things in this thread has been mentioned before in various situations before though. I will try to break down most of this so it would be somewhat understandable, top to bottom.

We should get rid of the buttswing because people are using it to the 'rape' other people. This GAME HAS KIDS IN IT, PEOPLE! I think also we should replace it with the IT Moonwalk. I don't care if there's another way you can do the moonwalk or not, It's an awesome dance move!

We should not GET RID of the headbang, but MODIFY it to where people can not use it TO RAPE OTHER PEOPLE. Look at what I said from above, guys, seriously? CHILDREN PLAY THIS GAME!
This were brought up before if I remember right, but the truth is even though I wouldn't mind seeing that buttswing removed due to it's heavy abuse, lots of users do enjoy it's presence in the game and the lack of actions already in it would make it even more plain. If I could put out my guesses I'd say that the majority probably wants to keep it, though there's also the extent of people that consider what it causes towards the game. One of the reason it's abuse of it is so popular I'd say the lack of doing other things, might sound like a slightly lame thing to say, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I find the buttswing one of the more well made moves/actions in FH whilst the headbang doesn't really look like a headbang, probably why it's used for other things as well.. For some reason I get the feeling that other trolls/newbs or whatever they are will still find a way to be inappropriate.

It's very true that children play this game, hence why the rules are a certain way for the game. Those under 13 but still  play it will not be treated any differently from other members though.

If moonwalk were added I'm sure everyone would be happy, but kov is the one being able to add it and he got quite a few things around FH that needs his attention.

I think we should have a chat filer that you can turn on/off so that people who want to curse should curse, and people who don't wanna SEE IT, can just turn it off.

This has also had it's own thread in the past, but I really don't see why you put it this way. Users ARE NOT and SHOULD NOT be allowed to curse in the game. It doesn't matter if there's a filter or not, swearing is a no. It's known that people do find their ways around filters if it would apply to everyone, and if it were a choice to turn it on and off, it would just give false idea to people that it's "ok" to swear. People want to be able to talk well in the chats without having a good filter there blocking their words off, and if it's not even a good filter, then it will miss out on half if not more of the foul language in the game, missing out on it's initial point in the first place.

I really do see that putting time down on a filter like this wouldn't help, but yes.. If one was going to be added, then it should have the Opt in/opt out function so everyone would be pleased but it's still no reason to allow foul language IF there were one..

I think we should get more of the MODS in the game. And if there ARE mods in the game.... THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB. No offense, but if you are a mod and if you go in the game, you are there to be doing your JOB. I know you're not paid, but that's what you chose to do.
Heard this one before as well, but I will try to be really fair on this one.

I must admit, if a few more mods were added into the game it wouldn't hurt anyone at all, but lets also keep in mind that the mod job is probably not as many assume it is, and even though there's always those that work slightly less than others I really doubt they ignore their duties as a mod, but lets just remember. Mods in the game are just regular people like you can me and no one, and I do mean no one can require them to sit and monitor the game all the time, nor force them to sit and monitor if they want to go and RP. People must realize that it's a big thing to say that mods do not do their work.

We all know about the game and how it works, but do we all know about the mods in person and what they do, or must do? I highly doubt that...

More Mods... Yes I buy that and it should be able to be sorted in the future. Mods not doing their job is very discussable though. But everyone must know that it is still impossible for a mod or even several mods to check every corner of every map and every chatbox that exists in the game, there's not many MMO games if not any at all that has this sort of monitoring.

We can also close FH+. FH+ is a MAJOR, TERRIBLE troll breeding ground! People are troling there all the time, I have heard that people curse their mouths out there, and it is as glitchy as HECK. All Simba needs to do is close it, and STOP stretching the mods from OUR game to HIS game. I am sorry, but it is not helping us any more than what we had, it is making it worse. Simba, if you EVER read this, PLEASE CLOSE DOWN FH+. You will do us all a favor. I am not hating on FH+ or anything for you n00bs that will overreact to such a stupid thing, but I am saying it is not helping the FH community.
I'm glad that you see though that the mods were just put into the tiger cage on this one, and it is in fact impossible to keep up with both games at the present day. I am not suprised FH+ has gotten into a troll breeding ground but people cannot simply handle the freedom of any of the FH games, and the mods cannot keep up with two games. Even if mods were added it still wouldn't be enough.

As people probably know by now, the staff were never asked about the "FH+" version, it was just added and then we had to deal with what it caused, trolls, glitches, help threads. And to be really honest, we were left out completely.

This might sound like a very inappropriate thing for me to say, so please don't take this the wrong way, but in a way I don't find FH+ the staffs responsibility nor the mods. They were never asked about this 100% extra work there or let known about what it would cause having it there, but there's those that still try to help both in the game and on the forum just trying to get things to work out, but in vain. We still have to help with whatever we can though since it is infact hosted on the site, and still the same game.

I get your point of this message though and that you just want a nice and friendly community, I just see some lack of thought about the filter and mod doings. I do appreciate users concern however.

////////////////////////////////////(Let me also put an extra note down here that has been told before)
If you notice constant swearing, raping or any other rule breaking inside of either games, please report them to the staff here with screenshots of their username!

We will look into it and you can do/make a difference.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:22:52 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:59:49 am »
I somewhat disagree with removing buttswing and the FH+.
But the head bang, modify it so the butt/back doesn't move like in IT.
Just modify the buttswing too, otherwise modify charas to be solid? Or would that take a lot of work?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:11:54 am by Lava »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 06:11:38 am »
  Personally I don't think any dance moves should be removed. People shouldn't be using them in such a way, simple. I mean, just because men force women doesn't mean their THINGS should be removed, and expecially not for all men (I know it's a lame comparision, but I couldn't think of anything else). We should be able to trust the community with these things and if they can't be trusted, remove them.

THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB

And what makes you so sure of this? MODs have lives, they can't be on all the time. Just because you don't see the red text every five minutes or something doesn't mean they are not doing their job. It certaintly doesn't help that the report button doesn't actually work, and either does accusations that they are not doing their job, when you might simply not be seeing them do their job.

(it also somewhat annoys me when people assume that putting a poll up makes something official or whatever >.> Sorry if I got offensive.)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:14:15 am by Kyugima. »

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:11:14 pm »
you can already moonwalk and i DO NOT think that the buttswing should be removed (my character doesn't look right using an other dance move XD) and even if you remove it people are going to find another way no matter what you do...
i agree on the ability to turn the chat filter on and off but i also think we should have the choice to turn collisions on players on and off so people can't use the buttswing and headbang on you.

the mods are doing their job but don't forget that their people too, the can't be everywhere at once and since FH+ came out it's been even harder for them to do their job :T give them a break their mods not supermen/women

How can you moonwalk??

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 05:31:48 pm »
I think they mean pressing right control and walk backwards. Looks somewhat like a moonwalk. Not an actual action like the other moves though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline CalliCat1113

• Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 07:18:56 pm »
I said I don't care if there is a way that you can do the 'Moonwalk' or not, I am not fond of the buttswing. And besides, how should we modify the buttswing? I am just throwing this topic out there, it's not like it'll ever be read by Kov and CHANGED. It would be too good to be true. Also, what if- wait, the collisions COULD be a good idea, but if Kov ever gets his butt into the game, it'll be too good to be true if he ever reads this.

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »
Ehh, people will find a way no matter what.

Offline CalliCat1113

• Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:35:28 pm »
Well, then what will we do? I think we should leave this up to Kovu. IF HE EVER GETS HIS BUTT IN THE GAME!