Author Topic: Rant: Warrior Names.  (Read 5641 times)

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Rant: Warrior Names.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 11:43:55 pm »
And now clearly one was named Bisonstomp.
I mean, how does a cat even know what a bison is?
What queen names there kit Bisonkit?
Dosen't even make scence either.
Be honest. ^O^

You forget the fact that there's bisons in North America. In that case, it would be perfectly understandable that someone would name their character like that.

What really bugs me is when people start using the names of canon characters. A leader doesn't bother me much, but I have seen people using to the warrior name of leaders from the books, even though they have nothing in common.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 11:52:50 pm »
The only warrior cat names that really bug me are the "dark" ones. Things like CorruptedSoul, AntagonizingPain, MonsterousRevenge, etc.
I mean, not even the evil cats in the books had names like that.

As for Bisonstomp, I think that is a decent name.
The original Warrior Cats takes place in England. However that doesn't limit where WC rps can take place. At the moment I am part of a Warrior Cat roleplay that takes place in China.

What I'm wondering is how you know that the original series takes place in England and not France, or Scotland, or Ireland, or Canada, or the US?
Kate Carry (one of the "Erin Hunter's") has stated before that the books take place in England, or at least a fantasy world based off England. I believe she said she based the books setting off New Forest.
 I'll look and see if I can find some online source that says this. (I remember her saying it a few years back when I saw her in real life at a book signing.)

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »
"In the books, it happened ONCE, to Brightheart because Bluestar was loosing her mind a bit and was angry with StarClan."

May I correct you there? It actually happened many times. In Bluestar's Prophecy, happened to One-eye, who was named White-eye, and Halftail, who was once named Sparrowpelt. And it happened Crookedstar who was once named Stormkit, as well, in Crookedstar's Promise. In Tallstar's Revenge, Hopkit was renamed Deathpaw.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link