Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165835 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: RIP General
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:59 am »
It will indeed be very different and quiet without general. For me the only bad thing is that now I won't have anything to do when I'm bored DX But still, it will be kinda nice without the spam and caps. Now we can tell everyone else who joins FH the stories about general xD We will be like elders telling grand kids about the olden days xD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2013, 05:08:50 am »
^ I keep loling at what Stargazer says XDDD

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline WolvesTwirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2013, 05:21:45 am »
I understand why general was taken down. Soo many immaturities lately in general that I have seen. I do like the idea of now people have to move closer. Yet it does have loads of negative impacts. Some people, including me, can't play movies so therefore I don't know what I'm going to be doing since I can't read their advertisements on their movies. Also, with everyone coming closer, people are complaining about bad lag. I noticed this to, I have never before lagged on FH, then suddenly as loads more peeps come together and it lags. I had to delete a lot of stuff considering rps for my characters were going to be 10x harder to find. Since yall can't make an advertising box, that is I don't think, I'm going to be quite lonely. Though I noticed people's numbers playing is decreasing on feralheart since general went down. I had a big enough problem already finding rps for my characters, now my love for FH lately been dwindling. Hate to sound rude/ect, I sure hope it comes back up and yall will just post something saying general will be down each time the immatures say something... Just my opinion.. Oh well though, thanks for posting this and letting us all know.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:40 am »
Well, at risk of looking like a butthurt nay-sayer, I am outraged and horribly disappointed.

I can pretty much kiss goodbye to advertising for my RPs now, as movies don't work for me and not once has anyone randomly come up to me at stone bridge and asked what my RP was about without hearing about it on General first.

I loved coming on General in the evenings too, since I'm in such a dramatically different timezone from most of the players that was when all the interesting conversations happened. So, I guess those times are all gone too. Wonderful.

I don't care who comes back and rants at me for saying this, but I'm indescribably mad right now. So a few immature fools came in and ruined it for the rest of us with their wildly inappropriate jokes, well that's just dandy. I gladly took the time to report every one of those people that I came across, and was under the impression that it would solve the problem, at least to an extent. But getting rid of General altogether? For shame. Was there even any warning about this? Did I miss something? Or did you seriously just spring this on us without any chance to prepare or asking anyone's opinion?

I'm out. I'm done. You know where to stick it.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2013, 06:53:57 am »
From my perspective, I do feel as this idea was best not only best to staffers, but to the rest of us other members as well. You guys have to think about the basic concept of Feral Heart to begin with. Which is expressing your stories in a RP with other people around you who have the same intrest in your RP. I do think that removing general has made things more quiet and people can read chats better without being flooded with chats in General.

But like mentioned above by Raz and Delay there are popular hang out spots where moth members go to where you are able to find a good RP. It makes the game even more exciting to runaround and see what RP you might expect to run into. This does gives a more social communication with everyone although this idea does however has it's pros and cons. And I heard from some people saying "Oh why can't we get a real update".Well as mentioned above, Kov is the only one with the original codings and the staff here can only do so much for us. So don't blame Raz, or the staff here for trying to do what is best here.

Now for sure some serious RP people might find this to be a outrage and or regular people who use General to chat like they would in Local. But this gives you some lean way to use other forums of communication. From spending alot of time on FH, I do notice people talk on there that has nothing to do with advertisements and just regularly talking. So as I respect everyone else's reaction to this I do agree with some that this was a good idea.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2013, 08:48:16 am »
Alrighty, I have three main points here.
First of all, for the general flooding, just turn it off and deal with it. I found that out after I played FH for a few days and I had no complaints.
Next, why do we have to socialize and move around more? Some of us are just here to talk we aren't here to get intimate with one another. Just let us sit down and chat for crying out loud!
Arguments break out everywhere even out of general. The only difference is that everyone can see it in general. But unless you are new to the game you should be expecting that when you chat in general. We are humans. We argue and we fight and it is the mods jobs to make sure it doesn't get out of hand so we all don't run rampant. But you can't avoid arguments here and there even in general so just face the facts.
Also, about the alternatives. Why should we have to have alternatives when we had a great advertising system in general? There were no problems we shouldn't have to need these alternatives.
At the very least do as said above and make an advertising map then at least we can advertise conveniently again and that will solve one of the major problems.
I feel like we are being secluded though. First the registration becomes random, limiting the amount of new members and next we can't all talk together in general. There may end up being certain sections of Flourite where certain people hang out. It will definitely be like a whole new world and until you add our wonderful general back to this game I will be watching the changes in the public maps.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:54:29 am by Silvertide »

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2013, 11:30:20 am »
Alrighty then. I've personally never had any particularly strong opinions towards General. Sometimes I'd occasionally jump in to join a conversation or maybe post one or two adverts, but that's about it. I'll admit, I will miss it for the time that it's disabled but I can live without. Not too sure about other peeps though xD.

I have noticed though, and I'm sure a lot of others have too, the increased number of movie clips posted by people advertising. One of the implications of disabling General is the inevitable increased in the dreaded movie spam; people desperately battling with each other to post as many movies as they can to advertise their RP or whatever it is. Suppose there's not much we can do about that at the moment I'm afraid...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:31:52 am by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »
Despite the fact that general was an annoying, spammy chat, I opine that it was great for advertising. Players usually go ingame when looking for rps, and I found that I got more recruits there than when I tried using the forum.

I find using the video clips quite irritating, because the space is so limited, and video clips don't always work for everybody. My friend once had this problem; they couldn't play the movies, and it kept giving them an error message, which I received once too. But I must say, the chats don't zoom by so fast when people aren't spamming in Gen. x3

However, I'm sure deleting gen won't solve the spamming problem. I was in fluorite today, trying to advertise, and people were already video spamming from time to time, and saying unnecessary things like "Ello, nice to meet u" in their vids.

When it comes to rping, people can use either Local or Group. Local is an iffy topic, because sometimes people like to chat in local and it can annoy rpers. For group, if people don't want do join anything they can use Party.

It would have been nice if you had alerted us somehow before it had all begun. I'm curious to see the outcome of this.

~Game
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:14:15 pm by ~*Gamma*~ »

No longer active on the forums, though I do check back once in a while.

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 04:01:18 pm »
O.O.... Will you ever give it back...?
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »
I completely understand the reasoning behind the general chat being taken down, and I agree with all of this. The major downside that I see is the fact that people are advertizing with video. You can't know what the video is about without clicking it and once you start watching it then you can't click out of it. The thing with advertizing in general was the fact that you had the ability to turn it off, and I did if I wasn't actively searching for a rp to join. You can't turn off the video alerts. This means that now every time I go into flourite I'll be constantly spammed with video alerts and there's no way to get rid of them so I can focus on what is being said.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining exactly, I'm just saying that general being taken down is causing what I find to be a more annoying problem. What I'm wondering is, if you choose to leave general off in public maps, then maybe instead you'll do 2 things:

1: Allow people to title videos posted so you know what you're going to watch before you click it.
2: Make it available to turn the video feed on and off just like you do the rest of the chats.

This will allow people to more accurately search for the advertizements they're interested in, and avoid the video spamming that is now inevitable.

Also, this is really making it hard for me to find new members for my group. Now I will have to take the password off my map download so people can come find me after seeing the group online and I'll have to worry about random trolls popping in and interrupting the rp. I have to admit, General was good for advertizing. Maybe we can just get lag spots at the stone bridge for unmapped rps and the cape portal for mapped rps. XD

^Click to join my rp!