Author Topic: Feral Heart keeps crashing  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Feral Heart keeps crashing
« on: May 30, 2017, 06:55:26 pm »
I began to play on feral heart a few days ago, not expecting anything unusual. The black screen before the two loading pictures came up, and before they even came up, the sign 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' appeared. I have seen this sign before and simply just restarted and it never came up again, so I did the same here. But surprisingly it came up again a second time, and even a third time. I can see it is just going to keep doing this. It has been like that for around over a week now, and I'm starting to get concerned as I have heard you may have to 'reinstall' feral heart. For a start I don't even see how to reinstall FH, but what worries me even more is the fact I may lose all my data like my characters, maps, and everything that I ever made in this game including friends. If you do have to reinstall this game, is there any way I can keep all my data? Or will it just keep everything and not reset the game? Please can someone help? Dx

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:02:17 pm »
Not to worry dear floof, you won't be losing anything when uninstalling and then reinstalling the game (make sure you're downloading the new updated version). Your characters and the friends in your friends list will be safe and won't be removed c: Maps-wise, the default maps have been removed and replaced in the new update; and the ones you've downloaded you will have to put into the game manually once more, and if you need help with that I don't mind doing some research for/with you to find the maps you've downloaded.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:04:53 pm »
Do you have duplicate particles in your Particles folder?

Duplicate particle files have _0 or _1 at the end of their name, delete all the duplicate particles.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »
Oh thank goodness for that ^^ I've never reinstalled anything before, so I do not have a clue how to uninstall and reinstall FH. I'm not very good with that stuff. So if you could tell me how to that would be great. Thanks!

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 07:11:16 pm »
I don't think I have any duplicate particals, no.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:47:03 pm »
Sure thing!

1) Go to C:/ > FeralHeart and look for this application, it should be called 'unins000' and should be an application file. Click on it and allow your computer to completely remove all of the contents of FeralHeart from the folder. NOTE: If you have any mods, maps, presets, etc. that you'd like to keep before uninstallation, make sure you've saved all of that first and have stored them where you can easily access them and put into FeralHeart after reinstallation

2) Now that FeralHeart has been removed, you can then get on with the reinstallation. Simply go to the // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 // and follow the download links provided. Make sure you read through the post made by Redlinelies so you understand which link to follow to install. The recommendation is that you go with the Torrent Setup, and if you don't know how to do that, feel free to visit LordSuragaha's How to download, install, & play FH using the FH1.15 Torrent tutorial.

3) Now that your setup is complete and you've installed the new FeralHeart, go to the User Panel and log into your account. You should find a section of the page looking like this:
Click on 'Reset Home for all of your characters, and then 'Go Home' for all of your characters. NOTE: If you've already had the FeralHeart 1.15 Update installed (before reinstallation), then you do not have to do this step. This is only here if you're moving into the new game update.

5) Just double check that you don't have any duplicate particle files by going to C:/ > FeralHeart > media > particles and deleting any _0, _1, _2 etc particle files. When you open up FeralHeart, open it twice (two game windows) and check which rendering system you're trying to open FeralHeart with on the second game window, and if it's OpenGL then perhaps try changing it to Direct3D9.

If, after following all of these steps, you still crash, let us know by bumping this thread!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »
Sorry, I always have this problem, but I can't see any feral heart folder that has unins000, or anything, it just starts up the game if I select it which, like I said, won't work :/ Is there anywhere in particular that I have to go to find this folder?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 07:31:03 pm »
Wolfgirl2006, the unins000 should be located in the main directory of the game and it should be at the bottom.
An easier way to find the unins000 application is to go to the main directory of the game, just click on any fail (not double-click!) and then press the "U" key on your keyboard. It should move itself to the bottom of the main folder and you should be able to find the application.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 05:28:21 pm »
Ah, yes. I see it. It takes me a while to figure these things out :/ thanks anyway! ^^

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 06:57:37 pm »
I followed the steps, and I have successfully downloaded feral heart, but it is still saying 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' DX.... I was not expecting this.....:'( is there anything else I can do, or have I lost my favourite game forever? :"(