Author Topic: Filters, because there's too much -Removed by moderator- .  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Filters, because there's too much rape.
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38:54 am »
To be quiet honest I find that a filter idea might cause some problems. Like for example...

Lets say I'm talking to a friend in whisper, and I've known them for years and I happen to say a curse word to her in whisper, the filter will still bleep out the word, and if programed, and ban. Which is not good. :P

so yea there are some good and bad sides to this. It would make the lives of the mods easier, but I honesty think they are doing ok. I mean...there are only a handful of them and like 6-7 maps o3o, and to think they have to go to bonfire..they most laggest part in FH( for me that is)
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 09:26:12 pm »
Give them a break Mods are around all the time. I see at least 3 together at one time and sometime I even see Red running across the plains, but they are people just like you and me. The admins and mods do have lives you know. And filters NO (sorry caps but had to emphasize that word) as most of the others have said this game is 13+ and you need to deal with that. If you want your kids to play and they are younger just block those people because there aren't 10,000 mods and admins. Again they are really active in-game, but they could be handling something else or just playing the game like you. But you need to calm down. Please just block or take screenshots and report the person and then the mods may do their job. But give them a break. Hope that clarified things. And the chat filter ruin games like Wolfquest that is more suited for your kids if your worried about that kind of thing.
--FighterWolf399--

Sushi

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 09:59:36 pm »
I love the idea of a user-controlled filter in the options.

"Do you want to use filters?"
Yes.

"What words would you like to block?"

Perhaps with a parental-controlled password, in case kiddies go back and change it.

By the way, 13-year-olds aren't adults, I forget who said the game isn't geared towards 'children,' it's 13 and up...but 13 year olds are kids, and parents can be very protective and get angry.

If there is at least an option to control words kids can't see, everyone can go on using them as they please, which from what I see is what people seem to be fighting for. I know in much more adults settings I've played in that I got frustrated with filters myself. Why? Because I wanted to swear. I can't really imagine why else people would dislike filters, unless the scripting of the filters was done poorly. There are definitely ways to script so that, for example, you can say "scrape" without it being blocked for the obvious word contained within it.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 10:04:56 pm »
The chat filter WILL limit the players and the game it self since right now the chatting means A LOT of what the game has to provide, it's the chatting and roleplaying that is in the center and we do not need a filter that anyone can break through by modifying the wording a bit, giving the impression of it being "fine" to swear.

If we are after to please parents.. Yes a filter would help.

If we are after to actually lessen the number of users using foul language, it wont.

I do not think as far as the rule breaking goes and overall quality of the chatting will be increased due to a filter, it will just make it seem to users that swearing is fine, I have seen this before.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 05:16:18 am »
The chat filter WILL limit the players and the game it self since right now the chatting means A LOT of what the game has to provide, it's the chatting and roleplaying that is in the center and we do not need a filter that anyone can break through by modifying the wording a bit, giving the impression of it being "fine" to swear.

If we are after to please parents.. Yes a filter would help.

If we are after to actually lessen the number of users using foul language, it wont.

I do not think as far as the rule breaking goes and overall quality of the chatting will be increased due to a filter, it will just make it seem to users that swearing is fine, I have seen this before.