Author Topic: When mate begging goes too far  (Read 26806 times)

Offline moonlitewolf234

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: When mate begging goes too far
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2013, 03:01:36 pm »
Well, it was a sad.. And true story. My Brother told me. It was him on his deer charrie.. and it all went like this.
     Rocket Buck: ~Sits~
  5 mins later
    Angel Doe: ~Sigh~ -Le sexy walk past Rocket-
    Rocket Buck: =-= [Thinks] Really?
    Angel Doe: Sits not far from Rocket.~
   Rocket Buck: ALRIGHT FINE I'LL BE YOUR MATE!!
   Angel Doe: ^^                               

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2013, 04:35:46 pm »

May I share a story?

I had just made my character Faia F lie down on her side in Ficho Tunnel, and opened up another window to research something. When I returned, I found a male German Shepherd character resting beside my character with his head on her flank. I checked the chat log and found what the stranger had said to my character:

Hey Faia wanna be my mate?
WANNA BE MY MATE
I'll take the silence as a yes
You're my mate now.

How forceful  >:(  I got up, told him I didn't know him and moved to another area of the public maps.
And I'm keeping a closer eye on my FH window from now on.

Sir Equius

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

Me: -does rp post-
Partner: -makes a face-
Me: [Are you alright?]
Partner: [Do you really love me like that?]
Me: -starts to get nervous OOC-
Partner: [Tell me! Or I'll stab myself]

Unfortunately, their threat to themselves really happened and they were sent to the hospital afterwards. -was stalked for the next few weeks-

Things like this is just the inability to separate real-life and a simple game. Although, I will also see for some people who believe that the cyber-world is the exact same thing in the real-world, nothing different at all. And with this in mind, it confuses others as well as disturb the person who are playing as their partner.

D--> Wow. She actually did that to herself? If that really did happen, I gotta say that's when matebegging really REALLY goes too far. What drives a person to do something so stupid? But I guess you're right when you say that some people can't separate real life with a game.

D--> It reminds me of a story I heard on the radio one time. This young man was relaxing in his appartment, when he heard his nextdoor neighbor screaming. The guy thought his neighbor was being robbed, or attacked, because it sounded like he was screaming bloody murder. So the guy went over to go see what was wrong, and found his neighbor screaming at the top of his lungs while playing World of Warcraft. He was screaming because he was so into the game. The young man tried to console him and told him "Calm down, dude. It's only a game." But then the neighbor pulled out a knife, stabbed him in the stomach, and said, "It's NOT JUST A GAME! IT'S MY LIFE!!". The gamer guy got arrested, and his neighbor who went in to see if he was alright was sent to the hospital. It just amazes me how some people can get so sucked into the virtual world of gaming.

D--> Getting back on subject now. I've only expereinced a mate-begger once, so far. She asked me, "do you have a mate?" and I said no. Then she said, "Can we be mates?" I politely said to her, "No thanks. I'm not looking for a mate." Luckily she didn't throw a big cap-raging fit over it, but said "Okay". Then she moved on to someone else, and then someone else, and so on.

Offline Scotch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2013, 08:01:32 pm »
Ok so this is waht happened just today. Im on my charecter, Zippy, and she was just sitting there because I was whispering my friend. I obviously wasn't paying attention and when I actually looked back at my screen I saw this male sitting right infront on Zippy. This is what happened:
Scar M: hi
Zippy: Hello?
Scar M: want to be my m8
Zippy: Um no, sorry.
Scar M: -walks away sad-
Zippy: -continues whispering my friend then Scar M comes back-
Scar M: why dont you love me?
Zippy: I never said that, I just wasn't looking for a mate at the moment
Scar M: -snaps her neck and kills-

And so on. They always make me feel quilty because I said no. I mean, calm yourself child, it's just a game.  :P

Offline 17Cynder

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2013, 01:39:20 am »
My story isn't as... Extreme as all these, but it still falls into place.
Python M: (Me) I was just laying down, minding my own business.
(Other girl I forgot the name of) heyyyyyy there o-o
Python: Uh, hello.
Girl: -flips mane- im bored
Python: I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. Hold on, are you... Flirting with me?
Girl: maybeeeee um, no..... yeah....
Python: I'm sorry, I'm not looking for a mate right now.

And luckily they just said okay, they didn't freak out or anything.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2013, 02:40:54 am »
I don't have too many stories with mate beggars anymore.

Well, there was this one time, I was in Party chat, and had Local turned off until one of my friends notified me of the mate beggar.

<Party> Wolfie (Me): -Casually role-playing-
<Party> Black M: Hey, Wolfie, don't look now, but I think you have a suitor in local.]]
<Party> Wolfie: Hmm? Orlly? -Turns on Local-
<Local> Wolfie: How may I assist you, sir?
<Local> Dawn M: oh hi i thaught u were never gong 2 talk 2 me
<Local> Wolfie: :3 Why would I never talk to you; you seem cool~
<Local> Dawn M: tank u hay wolfie do u hav a mate?
<Local> Wolfie: . . . Well, no.
<Party> Wolfie: Black, Canada, he's wondering if I have a /mate/.
<Party> Canada: ... Hmm, how can you have a mate? You're a human girl.
<Party> Black: ^ What Canada said.
<Local> Dawn M: do u want 2 b my mate?
<Local> Wolfie: :I Sorry, but no. Please, read my bio; it tells you a lot.
<Local> Dawn M: y u no love me? i thaught wat we had was reel.

Then he disconnected, and came back to "kill" me. Then was blocked, by multiple people. -Le sigh-

-Wolfie