Author Topic: [FINALLY FIXED :D]No Graphics Card?  (Read 6049 times)

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: No Graphics Card?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:14 am »
Command line is a program called "cmd.exe". You can start it by pressing WIN+R on keyboard and typing "cmd.exe"
A black window with some text should appear.
Then, you will need to navigate to FH folder using command line. FH folder is usually "C:\FeralHeart", unless you've changed it duaring installation. To navigate on command line you should use "cd" command, like this "cd \FreralHeart" or "cd \games\FeralHeart" in case you've installed FH in "C:\games\FeralHeart". TAB key auto-completes the path. Pressing ENTER key executes the command. If you want to change the disk you are working with, you should type its letter with colon, and press enter key ("C:","D:", "E:", etc).
Once you're in FH's folder, you will need to start FH with special parameters like this: "feralheart.exe >.\runlog.txt 2>&1", where:
feralheart.exe - name of a program you want to start
>.\runlog.txt - redirect STDOUT stream to a file "runlog.txt" in current folder
2>&1 - redirect STDERR stream to STDOUT

This will create a file named "runlog.txt" in FH's folder, containing technical information that may help to figure out why FH fails to start. You may upload that file somewhere, or just paste its contents here.
http://i.imgur.com/TLKcZei.png

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 02:02:58 am »
Okay, I followed the steps exactly and this is what happened; the first time I opened up runlog.txt, I found the error saying:
"OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_Direct3D9.  System Error: The specified module could not be found.in DynLib::load at OgreMain/src/OgreDynLib.cpp (line 91)"

When this happened, I did not have the RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll in my file. So I took out RenderSystem_GL.dll and put in the other one; when I did, it gave me this:
"OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Cannot create device! in D3D9Device::createD3D9Device at RenderSystems/Direct3D9/src/OgreD3D9Device.cpp (line 707)"
 When THIS happened, I decided to add both of the files into the folder; the same message as the second one. I then decided look in the List of known "OGRE exception" errors, looked for these problems, and realized my problems were much bigger than I thought. So what do I do now?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:05:04 am by Rachel »

Thierry

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 03:28:51 am »
Kinda big problems, the first error is clearly the missing dll file, so dont remove it from your FeralHeart folder ;)

But about the second one could mean many things, from having another 3D game running, not having directx installed or even not having your graphics card drivers installed.

Since you already tried to install your graphics card drivers, i would guess its related to directx
Press Windows key + R and type dxdiag, then check what version of directX do you have.
Then on the "screen" tab of the dxdiag, check for any problems and do the Direct3D tests.

Also try to run FeralHeart using OpenGL instead of directx and show us the runlog.

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 06:58:05 pm »
Okay, I've been able to pull up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool again, and found my version of DirectX; it's DirectX 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904). When I tried to do the test for Direct3D, but the option was unable to be performed. I looked in the notes and it said, "Direct 3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer." Where do I go from here?

CorruptedMutt

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 01:04:37 am »
i am having a similar problem exepct nothing ur experiencing is happening to me, when i start up my FH after 30-15 and occasionally 3 mins while playing my whole computer will shut itself off. feareh gave me the same video but i will check/do it tonight when my parents are asleep, i am scared to do things with my computer -feels ashamed- i do not want to screw anything up but if i want to continue playing FH i must

Thierry

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 03:16:20 am »
So here is the real problem "Direct 3D functionality not available." that's making FH and any other 3D game to crash.

Most likely you dont have the video drivers installed, or they are the incorrect ones or they are corrupted. You may have a generic video driver.
If you already tried to install the video driver, then could be the incorrect one.
Check the manual/documentary of the computer and look for the type of card you have for your grafics.
Or search on the internet for your video drivers for your computer model, for example: "Asus K53U video drivers".
If you dont have any luck, open your computer and search for any card with the nVidia or ATi logo and take the model tag. If you dont have any graphics card installed, take your mother board model tag. then search again in internet for your graphics card/motherboard model + the keywords "video drivers" for example: "P4SD video drivers"

Download only the drivers from thrusted/official sites and only for your correct operating system, and check if the drivers are for 32bits (x86) or 64bits (x64)

This is a little risky if you never did that before, if you don't know how to do all of this, take your computer with someone who knows well.

@Corrupted About the shutdown of the computer of Corrupted, that's a completly different issue and posibly hardwere problem, so i would pick another thread to ask about that.

CorruptedMutt

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 03:19:46 am »
sorry :(

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 11:51:58 pm »
Ohmygosh! It's working, it's finally working! I followed your steps, installed a video driver and it finally works! The game started up properly, and there were no errors to be found. Thank you, Thierry, thank you all so much :D! I can finally play the game now, hopefully with no worries. There's just one thing left to be answered:

Should I be a feline or a canine (I've never been able to decided XD)?
(And no worries, Corrupted. Hope your problem gets fixed too!)