Author Topic: [FINALLY FIXED :D]No Graphics Card?  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
[FINALLY FIXED :D]No Graphics Card?
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:17 pm »
Okay, I've been out for a long time (I mean, a REALLY long time), and throughout this time, my FeralHeart game hasn't been working, so I tried to get it up and running again. I looked for my old post (took a long time to find it, too), then I decided to go find the main Help post (the "Before you ask for help" post), clicked the link for "The BIG help thread", clicked the fourth link (Game is not starting/or having graphical issues/glitches), then did the step-by-step for updating the video driver. After finding out my operating system, I tried to find out what kind of graphics card I have; the something strange happened. When I clicked the Display that's under the Components  of the System Summary, there was nothing there. Does that mean I have absolutely no graphics card, if it does, do I need to go download one, or do I have to buy one? Someone PLEASE help.    
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:54:11 pm by Rachel »

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: No Graphics Card?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:15:37 am »
If you had no graphics card you wouldn't be able to view anything. Try changing your rendering sub system from OpenGL to Direct3D9 visa versa.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »
if there are nothing as graphics card at System Summary, may mean you have installed the uncorrect driver, so the graphics card will still not working.

(dont forget to restart your computer after the driver install)

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:41 am »
For some reason, when I try to replace OpenGL with Direct3D9 as the new Render System in Ogre, the OpenGL keeps coming back, still as the render system. Can anyone explain why this happens? How can I fix this?

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:11:21 pm »
I've also encountered another problem; whenever I try to start up Feral Heart, a small window will open up and fill it up with codes. Then when the ogre windows pop- up, I press okay (get it out the way) and then the FeralHeart window would open up, and then close down. I would try this over and over and over again with no avail. I realized that it no longer tells me the error(s) with the program (the little "An Error has Occurred" window that would state the issue that needs fixing.) It's always done that before, but it just stopped for some reason. Another thing I've noticed is I can't check out my display driver. I've looked in the "Updating your graphics driver!" forum again, and decided to see if I could find my display driver. When I opened up my Control Panel, and looked for "Programs and Features", and you know what? It's not there. I can not find my display driver, along with all the other problems I have with my computer and my FeralHeart game. My patience is wearying thin with these problems, and I REALLY could use some help right now. 

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:29:35 am »
Usually if you don't have a well enough Graphic card on your computer, it will not or may have problems loading the game for you. Now it does sound like you are doing it right to check up on your Graphic card. Perhaps try and restarting your whole computer and looking into it again. If it's still not there then try this other method

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4r4mZmoko

Is shows one different method and the method you've been doing
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 03:20:04 am »
The previous version of FH showed what kind of problem you have to run the game, unfortunatelly the newer version does not do that.

Have you sucessfully played another 3D game? if yes, then that means you got your graphics card working correctly, so its just a configuration mistake.

YOu may try to do this:
  • Try deleting Ogre.cfg and config.good if they exist. So you can get rid of any bad configuration. Try running FH again.
  • If you still crashing switch the rendering system, from OpenGL Rendering Subsystem to Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem or viceversa, and also modify the file config.good with notepad to have 11 writen instead of any mumber.
  • Delete you entire Feralheart folder (but backup any presets, maps, screenshots, etc you may want to keep). then install FeralHeart again.

good luck!

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 03:15:48 am »
I noticed some kind of progress is being made. I decided to mess around with the files in FeralHeart to see if I could make something work; I decided to move a file called "RenderSystem_GL.dll" to the Recycle Bin (just in case I needed to move it back in) and decided to see what happened if "RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll" were to be left there. The game immediately flashed off the moment I turned it on, so I did the same process vice versa. The game stayed blank for at least 10 seconds (which is by far the longest time) as if it were trying to process the game. I also changed the config.good file into a Note Pad file and changed the number from 00 to 11, do that might have contributed. I watched the video that was posted and followed the steps and by the time I got to the point where you check the Display option, it once again revealed nothing to me, so I'm going to try to read deeper into this. I feel as if I'm getting closer and closer, but I feel as though something is still in my way, and I need a bit more to get it out of the way.

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 06:51:27 am »
start FH from command line like this:
Code: [Select]
feralheart.exe > .\runlog.txt 2>&1Then paste runlog.txt here

Offline Goldeneyes_721

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:33 am »
Paste runlog.txt where? And how exactly do I start FeralHeart from that command line? I know I sound like a noob, but I honestly don't know what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:43:15 am by Rachel »