Author Topic: My characters dissapeared! Help!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Sato_Yu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My characters dissapeared! Help!
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:07:40 pm »
I haven't played FH for a really long time. I stopped playing almost 2 years ago, and had 15-20 characters. I tried to play today and game suggested me to create a new character. There was not a single one of my old ones. It's really sad, I missed them so much :C Is there any possible resolution?

ThrillexForLife

Re: My characters dissapeared! Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 02:26:14 pm »
If there gone, they're gone sadly. I have no idea it would do that...

I guess you have to start all over, hun. Sorry. :(

Offline marvelsterian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 03:42:40 pm »
I personally don't really know why that happend to you... Maybe it was caused by a glitch or something, I really wish I could help you in this case.

But as suggested above, you may need to start over again with your characters.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 04:08:07 pm »
I've never heard of characters deleting themselves, but it looks like you'll have to start over. Maybe check the character panel on the forum to see if they're still there? It might just be a glitch. If they're not there, though, I'm afraid you might have to create some new characters. :c

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 04:34:33 pm »
Hello, Yusa! Unfortunately, you will need to remake your characters, as stated previously. Since you have not logged into the game in about two years, your account was cleared out by a routine account cleanup that ended up deleting your characters to make space for newer accounts.
The server actually does have a routine account cleanup which it uses to clear out any old data (including groups) from inactive accounts after a certain amount of time of inactivity. The accounts remain in the system so long as they were properly activated, but the data in them is cleaned out to help the server process more relevant data for those who are actually playing the game.

So, I believe after about 18 months of inactivity on an account (I'm pretty sure, but either way it means you'd have to be VERY inactive, practically guaranteed to not come back), it will be automatically reset, like you can do at the bottom of the User Panel on the forum. This means groups will be cleaned out, and thus opening up more group names.
Look to see if your friends list was emptied, groups removed, etc. along with your characters, since those are also cleared out. As for there being a solution, sadly once the server has gotten rid of the old data, it is no longer recoverable by regular users. Hopefully this clears up your question.