Author Topic: Should unactive groups on FH get deleted?  (Read 4299 times)

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Should unactive groups on FH get deleted?
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:15:37 pm »
Ok, this is just an idea.
Should groups, that are made of FH, if they become unactive, should they delete them?
The only reason I am saying this is because when someone wants to make a name for the group, the name is already taken. For example: FireClan. Already taken. .FireClan. Already taken. Ect, ect. And most of the groups are inactive. Maybe it'll reduce the lag? I doubt that, but it'll make a lot of members happy, maybe. Maybe there would also be a limit, for example: If the leader of the group isn't active with the group for 1 month, it'll be deleted.
What do you guys think?

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Should unactive groups on FH get deleted?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 10:22:44 pm »
This would be a lovely addition. I would like something like this to be added if we ever get the games source code. Nice idea.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:30:30 pm »
I can agree with this to a certian extent. Yes, I do know how you feel. You get so excited to make a group and then the name is taken. Quite a annoyance really. It would be nice for inactive groups, lets say after a period of 30 days will be automatically deleted so new groups to take the name. Here's the bad part.

I was once in a RP who took a few weeks off from RPing. After a few weeks, we continued RPing with no issue. Same pack, same people, same pack name. But, what if it were automatically deleted the day before we returned to RPing? It would be hard to find all the same people to recreate the group, and wee'd probably have to change the name, which would confuse people in the RP. Also, lets say there was a pack website. We'd have to update that, or just make a new one which would take some time.

That's my opinion.

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 10:36:38 pm »
I can agree with this to a certian extent. Yes, I do know how you feel. You get so excited to make a group and then the name is taken. Quite a annoyance really. It would be nice for inactive groups, lets say after a period of 30 days will be automatically deleted so new groups to take the name. Here's the bad part.

I was once in a RP who took a few weeks off from RPing. After a few weeks, we continued RPing with no issue. Same pack, same people, same pack name. But, what if it were automatically deleted the day before we returned to RPing? It would be hard to find all the same people to recreate the group, and wee'd probably have to change the name, which would confuse people in the RP. Also, lets say there was a pack website. We'd have to update that, or just make a new one which would take some time.

That's my opinion.

That is what i was thinking about, the bad part. Im just annoyed when I want to make a clan or whatever, the name is already taken, and the clan hasnt been on for a year of so .3.

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 11:05:50 pm »
What if the leader logged on that character every once in a while and stopped it from being deleted? That'd be a good idea...
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10:08 pm »
What if the leader logged on that character every once in a while and stopped it from being deleted? That'd be a good idea...
You are right there. Maybe, now this sounds stupid, someone reports the person for doing that?

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »
I think it would be if at least a MEMBER gets on.
Because sometimes, the group leader leaves for a while, but people still RP.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 01:48:44 pm »
You are right there. Maybe, now this sounds stupid, someone reports the person for doing that?

What'd you mean by that?
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 02:50:28 pm »
This would be a nice little addition. I think, to prevent the group from being deleted, the leader and at least 2 members should log on every now and then to make sure it doesn't poof when the members are on hiatus. Other than that, it would be a handy feature.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »
The server actually does have a routine account cleanup which it uses to clear out any old data (including groups) from inactive accounts after a certain amount of time of inactivity. The accounts remain in the system so long as they were properly activated, but the data in them is cleaned out to help the server process more relevant data for those who are actually playing the game.

So, I believe after about 18 months of inactivity on an account (I'm pretty sure, but either way it means you'd have to be VERY inactive, practically guaranteed to not come back), it will be automatically reset, like you can do at the bottom of the User Panel on the forum. This means groups will be cleaned out, and thus opening up more group names.

This said, the groups are gradually being cycled through by inactivity on the creator's part. While I don't think it will be able to really clean out ALL of the "FireClan," ".FireClan.," or ":.:.:.FireClan.:.:.:" group names, they certainly won't be there forever.

Nice suggestion, but we've already got you guys covered. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||