Author Topic: Spam and Mate beggars  (Read 3764 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: Spam and Mate beggars
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 08:27:22 am »
As much as i hate to see so many spammers around FH there isn't anything i can do apart from a "block". Whereas mate beggars are quite annoying, some people do it because they want to role-play and such or just feel bored/lonely. But if they get annoying then either walk away/tell them nicely to stop or block them.
But i think that if people ask questions on the game over and over again, then you should help them or direct them to a person that can. They might be new or lost, like we all were when we first started.

That's just my opinion...
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: Spam and Mate beggars
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 01:37:50 pm »
I totally agree. Feralheart isn't an online dating site. Its used for making friends and roleplaying. Yeah, maybe you have a mate in roleplay but thats fine as long as you don't spread the word too much.
A bit off topic on my part, but this is another reason why I feel uncomfortable about tags in people's names. Most online dating sites or at least for some people's identity, like to use these tags like, "M" or "F" or whatever. In addition, links to the phenomena of mate begging here. I would always prefer to role-play with an individual and act out a scene pertaining to being mates over being mates in one sitting, or however it works for mate-spam.

But just somebody asking for help repeatedly? Well.. Why not help them? Some kids are new to the game, and they might not know what else to do except run around and try to get their issue resolved as soon as they can. That's my take on it, though.
With asking a question and spamming it, sometimes, the person would already know what the answer is or how to solve their "problem." They seem to find enjoyment in spamming a question over and over in a trolling manner. Also, it makes me feel bad for the new people who really want to ask a question and spam it themselves, unaware both of what spamming is and how the game works. Then, more than likely, they will be ignored due to the antics of other inconsiderate individuals.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka