Author Topic: Spam and Mate beggars  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Travis

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • logoreci
    • View Profile
Spam and Mate beggars
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:38:08 pm »
Spam and mate beggars annoy me ALOT. Mate beggars Keep on coming at some random person and then says 'Wanna be mates'. Its really annoying and it just makes you really angry and annoyed. I should recommend you to do this when you get a mate beggar in your site and they ask you the obvious question - Go away and ignore them.

Spammers keep on asking about the same question and we all hate it. It can even get the staff involved, so if you find a spammer, that spams about the same thing everyday, you should report them or something, but its just my opinion. You don't need to report them if you want to, you just choose.
[]

Offline hailtehwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I honestly don't know what to put here.
    • KurokiSenpai
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profil
    • View Profile
Re: Spam and Mate beggars
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 01:20:08 pm »
I totally agree. Feralheart isn't an online dating site. Its used for making friends and roleplaying. Yeah, maybe you have a mate in roleplay but thats fine as long as you don't spread the word too much.

I think that video spamming is a problem too. As general is apparently removed videos are the only things now to advertise roleplays. But spamming is a little solved due to general being removed. Its great that people take notice of this and don't leave it to get worse.
Player of Feralheart since 2012.
In-game names: allhailtehwolf (lesser used one) and hailtehwolf (most used one)
PM me anytime you want to chat, roleplay, or whatever. c:

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I'll show you a sight you've never seen before."
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »
Ah, I do agree. I was once on my male character, Python, and this person came up to me and said, "hey there *flips mane*" It was stuff like that, I don't remember fully. But I do remember me saying, "I'm sorry, are you flirting with me?" And of course, they said; "eee ummmmm no... maybe o.o" It kept going on like this, however. I just don't remember the full conversation. xD

But the spam... I also dislike that. Video spamming, and caps spamming, and even any spamming in general is annoying.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:50:04 pm by TechnoWulfeh »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:10 pm »
Hrmmm.
I'm unsure what you're classifying as "mate-begging," here?
Sure, someone who runs up, asks to be your mate, then persists for minutes or more after you've politely declined, I consider that mate-begging, and it can get rather trying.

However, I don't see anything truly wrong with someone trying to initiate roleplay with you by means of trying to start a relationship between your characters.
While I personally prefer having two characters roleplay their story together and become mates for more reasons than just cosmetic/appearance, I don't think flaming somebody just for asking, "Hey, you're cute, would you like to RP our charries as mates?" is really logical.
I have a feeling a lot of that was started just because of general consensus against that sort of thing.

And then, what do you mean by spamming? xD
Spam, such as typing random things and letters, numbers, etc., just to clog up the chats, is not only irritating, but against game rules. That sort o' thing actually should be reported, if it goes on for more than a hot second.

But just somebody asking for help repeatedly? Well.. Why not help them? Some kids are new to the game, and they might not know what else to do except run around and try to get their issue resolved as soon as they can. That's my take on it, though.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:49:34 pm »
Uh, sorry, White. Are you talking to me?

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 08:23:39 pm »
Wha? No, I was replying to the start of the thread, and I apologize if I came off as offensive-- I'm only discussing what I thought about it. Sorry about that!

You're all okay. ^^
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:33:19 pm »
Wha? No, I was replying to the start of the thread, and I apologize if I came off as offensive-- I'm only discussing what I thought about it. Sorry about that!

You're all okay. ^^

Oh, haha, sorry! I thought you were referring to me.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »
It's actually been a long while since I witnessed a mate-beggar. Though, it may just be me for I haven't been able to go in-game that often lately and when I do, it's mostly in the evening. So, I might just be missing all the begging. Though I do agree that they can get quite annoying. Some mate beggars will even spam and/or troll an individual to get what they want. I know that from experience.

When it comes to spamming, I witness it every so often. I honestly don't know why an individual does it, whether it be local chat or movie spam but I figured it has to do with that individual wanting to be heard without a doubt.

Either way, it's something I do not prefer nor like to witness.
gone

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 01:50:40 am »
Recently I've made a few male characters.... Who get more mate requests than I thought possible. It is very annoying, especially when I tell the (usually iliterate) mate beggar that I prefer finding my character's love through RP, which they then beg me to let them join. Leading into spamming;

Spamming I've actually gotten used to a bit more than mate beggars, but it can still get annoying often. Movie spammers I'm OK with, since general was removed, but it can be frustrating to post a movie clip just to have it washed away in five second by others.

(It's the funniest thing to watch two mate beggars become mates though XD)

Offline KizzaBabay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shoot-For-The-Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 08:38:44 pm »
Spammers and mate beggers are both really annoying to me too. This is an online game where everyone can play. If they get annoying block them, ignore them or walk away. If it's bad then you should report them to the staff. Remember, the block button was made for a reason, you can always unblock.
KizzaBabay <3