Author Topic: Grammar.  (Read 7579 times)

Offline Volume

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Grammar.
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 04:51:40 pm »
haha i just kinda made it up for the people who type text speak on the internet that's impossible to read:D

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »
If people, such as in Temple of Dreams, are roleplaying in Spanish, I will do it with them. I'm very fluent in Spanish, and if they ask me I certainly will.

But on the other hand, in English, I am a super literate person. I hate it when people use ur, u, r, don't use apostrephes, commas and all that stuff. But I feel sorry for the people who get kicked out of RPs just because of their grammar. I accept anyone as long as their rp sample is at least a bit semi-literate.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »
Hehehe am not ''literate''. But also I will not type like this: am loovies yous. (Oke I have no idea what did I just type in)
I have never joined a literate rp and I never will.
But I have no problem when people make shorter their text like: How r u?
Also I write differently with people. If I meet someone new or who is also literate I try to write as good grammar as I can.
Also if I rp I try to write good grammar but if am just having fun in fh chatting with friends or so. Then I write pretty badly.
shhh noone knows me

EnderStar

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 01:29:47 am »
If people, such as in Temple of Dreams, are roleplaying in Spanish, I will do it with them. I'm very fluent in Spanish, and if they ask me I certainly will.

But on the other hand, in English, I am a super literate person. I hate it when people use ur, u, r, don't use apostrephes, commas and all that stuff. But I feel sorry for the people who get kicked out of RPs just because of their grammar. I accept anyone as long as their rp sample is at least a bit semi-literate.

I hate that 'u, ur, and r' too. It bugs me. Like when my mom types 'thru' instead of 'through'. I actually don't roleplay that much anymore. I like semi-literate to literate. Now I feel like if I can understand the person I'm cool with it. xD

Plus, I'm actually helping a person that is new in Feral Heart to make friends and learn about the game. She isn't the best at her grammar and spelling but I can understand her.

Hehehe am not ''literate''. But also I will not type like this: am loovies yous. (Oke I have no idea what did I just type in)
I have never joined a literate rp and I never will.
But I have no problem when people make shorter their text like: How r u?
Also I write differently with people. If I meet someone new or who is also literate I try to write as good grammar as I can.
Also if I rp I try to write good grammar but if am just having fun in fh chatting with friends or so. Then I write pretty badly.

I'm pretty much used to spelling out everything. I barely abbreviate things anymore. Except sometimes et cetera because some people don't know the full word. x3 I spell out pretty much everything else. Just that kind of person. I'm not that fond of literate role-plays but I can do them when I fell like it.

Offline Mewwn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 07:36:48 am »
One rp i saw: -she goed too her moother- hello darling how you be this day?
-She be looked at her daughter- Ah, i been fine this day. (They were adding lol and such at the end of almost every post -.-)
See i noticed they were making fun of another rp who seemed to  have a chaarie or two who came from a country that wasnt english because they talked like this: -He wented to his sister- Hey sis how you are today?
-She glance at her brother- I be fine, how bout you? You be fine today aswell as me?

See i rp with someone who came from italy and i fully respect his improving english, but i hate when people troll it with teasing poor grammar when it is obviously purpose..

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 08:41:12 am »
One rp i saw: -she goed too her moother- hello darling how you be this day?
-She be looked at her daughter- Ah, i been fine this day. (They were adding lol and such at the end of almost every post -.-)
See i noticed they were making fun of another rp who seemed to  have a chaarie or two who came from a country that wasnt english because they talked like this: -He wented to his sister- Hey sis how you are today?
-She glance at her brother- I be fine, how bout you? You be fine today aswell as me?

Some accents of English do speak like that. (namely one of my sterotypical accents that I'm supposed to speak.) AKA the Farmer's accent where they do use 'be' unconjugated, and past  tense of 'to be' is always was, no matter on the person. But if they are taking the piss, that's never good.

Offline LookingForAStar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Life is an amazing and complex thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »
People that are "illiterate" like you said are from a different country, young, or just plain lazy. I'm 12 almost 13 and I have a great vocabulary. Just not like that huge wolf rp everyone does where they use every single word in the dictionary!! XD

EnderStar

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 05:25:49 pm »
Oh God, yeah. I hate it when others make fun of another's grammar. I'm a literate person but I prefer semi-literate because well, it's less exhausting. I don't have to dig up for no vocabulary words, I just type with some details in one post.