Author Topic: What would it be like with out Mate centre?  (Read 2945 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: What would it be like with out Mate centre?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 01:16:15 pm »
Aye, Flob makes some good points, there. It just wouldn't feel like Bonfire without these guys. xD

Personally, though, I don't mind Mate Centers too much.
While I believe it's best to join a roleplay and actually write out the love story between your character and another over time, I have to admit that at least with Mate Centers you can instantly make a new in-game friend, and in a sense you're both complimenting one another's characters (since you chose one another). It's just a way to find a new companion to pal around with in-game, and I see nothing wrong with that. Plus, both of you will be willing/excited to roleplay with one another, instead of just taking a wild stab in the dark at whether or not some pretty character would be willing to even speak to you, as it tends to happen at times.

/I digress~ Slight tangent, thar.
But anyway, it would be odd without Bonfire's Mate Centers. If anything, there would be more of the mate-seekers running to actual roleplays, or random people sitting around, to find a mate. It could go either way, here, but I think Mate Centers are a kind gesture, as far as their purpose goes (putting the oft-used caps raging in Local chat aside).
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 04:01:48 am »
I personally can't stand the hellborn things. Sure, when you're new to the game it seems fun, and a good way to quickly meet new people. But even given that fact, I would be over the moon if they didn't exist. Up until recently(as everyone knows unless they've been living under a rock) the map limits were severely decreased. I simply couldn't get into Fluorite for pretty much that whole time. Bonfire became my main hangout, much to my dismay.
As if the usual level of lag wasn't enough, Mate Centres just piled on a whole new lot of it until it was actually impossible to look in their direction or your computer would grind to a halt. A friend of mine got into a particularly enraging situation the other day when she was sitting in the Bonfire cave, and suddenly the MC and all the rest of them surged in like a tidal wave of stupidity. When she asked why they couldn't just have stayed in their normal spot, they immediately bombarded her with verbal abuse.
I know, not everyone who attends the MC is as foolish and horrible as the people in that particular story, but for the vast majority of the time it really seems to cause more trouble than it solves.

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 06:30:49 am »
What would it be like if the Mate Centres dissapeared? Peaceful. Caps free. No insta-mates.

Offline pyroraptor1

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:54 am »
Mate center should go at south pool or lost cave or atlantis, cause the're Not so much people. So they cant annoy

Offline lolflap

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 05:31:15 pm »
I would LOVE to see the day when Mate Center up and dissappears, but sadly, seems like it's gonna be here a while. IF mate centers never went away, I'd at least try to have them get to know eachother before they pick eachother based on who looks the coolest.

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »
If the Mate Center disappeared, everyone who was relying on it would go start mate begging again.  The mate center actually cut down the number of mate beggars when it started, and the floofs siting completely still in it cause less lag than when they're running all over the place. 

But I agree that the caps has to stop.  Or they should use the handy dandy party feature. 

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I am obssessed With Smile.Dog and Strider!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 11:52:09 pm »
I think it would be chaos

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »
It would have a very controversial effect, because lots of people are annoyed by it and lots of people love it.
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 11:32:05 pm »
It would definitely be quieter and there would be less lag... But without Mate Centers, Bonfire Island would never be the same.  :-[