Author Topic: What would it be like with out Mate centre?  (Read 2969 times)

FantasyFeather

What would it be like with out Mate centre?
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:58:03 pm »
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like with out the Mate Centre in Bonfire. Bonfire will Probably have no lag, I don't even think it's a good idea in the first place. I like to see people getting Mates by Role play But Mate centre is Basically mate begging. What do you think it would be like with out the mate centre in Bonfire? or what do you think about Mate centre?

ThrillexForLife

Re: What would it be like with out Mate centre?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:09:11 pm »
Would I like to see without Mate Center? Yes, people can anxious if they don't get a male, especially the females growling for more males. I think Mate center can be annoying at some point. But yes, this should stop..Especially who's hosting. Meaning to catch people's attention they need to write in caps. -_- Lastly, they be doing it in the middle of the map and make everything glitchly, which I hate. It needs to stop.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:13:35 pm by Thrillex »

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:10:14 pm »
I think it Bonfire would be pretty much the same without MateCentre because there are also TLK fans, Adoption center and deers, horses, humans, dragons and sea creatures... So Bonfire would still lag and that is my opinion.
I think MateCenters are annoying if that is there quietly let it be but it gets annoying to the point where they start bugging general chat. Like: ''WE NEED MORE MALES''
Well where is a MateCentre there is usually drama and shouting and stuff. Specially
local chat is getting destroyed but on that case I just turn my local off.
shhh noone knows me

FantasyFeather

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:20:53 pm »
Yeah I suppose it would still Lag but not as much, I hate it when they use caps because when I've done a Role Play sample the people who am saying it to asks me to say it again because they didn't catch it.   :(

BouncyLion101

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:19:20 pm »
I remember the days in Feral Heart without the Mate Center..
It was still pretty much the same. There was lag, adoption centers, spam, and a lot of what's in Bonfire today.

I have never used a Mate Center before, but I think it's a place where new players can learn a bit more about roleplay and how things work in Feral Heart. Sure, there's a lot of people that turn Mate Center into Mating Center, but they are rule breakers that will do that even without the Mate Center.
It can be annoying to have Bonfire's chat spammed with COME TU MATEZ CENTAR but then again the chat in Bonfire is zooming extremely fast and kind of spammed even without the Mate Center.
You can't force people to not make Mate Centers..they're just going to do it anyway, and the only way we can stop them completely is by having a Mod automatically ban anyone participating or acting as a Mate Center. That doesn't seem very right, does it?

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:37:28 pm »
I don't know, I hate mate centres but at the same time without them we'd never have a laugh about them. Plus, what horror would they be replaced with? I like to go to them myself when I'm bored and lonely and turn down every mate they try to set me up with. Just for a laugh.

I have been a mate centre before as a kind of 'troll' but not upsetting anyone. I did it as a joke with my friend, I would call people up to stand in the middle and say "Look at this beaut! Look at her strong birthing hips! She is a keeper! Many puppies she would give you, no need to visit the adoption centre after this!" and people would laugh and I was even successful!!

Plus, I personally think the lag would still be there due to TLK RPers and astonishing amount of horses.

Offline moonshimmer100

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:43:11 pm »
I think Bonfire would stil be laggy because of all the lion king fans and horse rpers and what not.. maybe it would lag a bit less though. I also think without Mate Center there would be more mate beggars and desperate females but I really do not like the mate center I find it quite annoying when they cap spam local asking for more males, telling someone to go in the middle, people asking if they can go first.. and all the other stuff I would like FeralHeart better without mate centers but I would worry about all the desperate females harassing random guuys t be thier mate and stuff like that.
Hello random person! ^_^

FantasyFeather

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:51:01 am »
To be Honest I can't really imagine the Mate Centre gone, What am imagining is Females just wondering around like Spamming General saying "Where's the Mate Centre gone???" That would be just really annoying! Nobody can Force people to do what they don't want to do. I suppose Bonfire will still be the same Like with the horse RolePlays, Lion king players and Stray Dog roleplays. I Agree with you all about how much Lag there will still be. :)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:42:17 am »
It'll be less laggy and quiter - less people caps spamming and shouting how much they "need" a mate and a huge group of people gathered in one tiny place.
But somehow, I don't think it'll be Bonfire with it. I don't agree with the mate centre idea, but it will sort of feel like the equivalent of removing much hated, loud and noisy pubs or nightclubs from society. It'll just mess things up. Without the mate centre, we'd have people in nearly all the maps asking for mates. The only good thing about it is that it keeps all those types in one place.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

FantasyFeather

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 11:50:37 am »
I agree with you DoctorFlob, With out Mate Centre Bonfire won't be the Same.