Author Topic: Where are the monkeys?  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the monkeys?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 05:23:04 pm »
If you want to point a monkey out though, you might as well ask for cows,snakes, Armadillos, badgers- Let me stop.

Why stop? It adds variety and fun diversity to FeralHeart. But not all of those animals you mentioned are 'social' animals. 'Social' animals, like deer and yes, cows, are great for roleplay. But armadillos, badgers, and snakes aren't 'social' animals, so they wouldn't be as easy to roleplay (unless the rp was unrealistic, of course. Then the sky's the limit).

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 12:46:48 am »
You know, I've actually seen only one primate character running around in Cape. I think they were roleplaying as a little spider monkey of some kind.
I even considered making a primate character. If I do, I will go around Flourite Plains and climb up all the trees, and get into all kinds of mischievious monkey business.
Inactive

Offline FoxiePlushie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Bright like a floof
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:41:13 pm »
I've actually seen a couple of monkey characters, but you guys are right, there are very few primate characters. And I imagine the reason for that is that being a primate is too close to home. People on here don't want to rp their normal selves or anything close to that. I mean, the few times you actually see a humanoid character, they are always decked out with some crazy outfit or superpower that makes them totally cool and amazing. Why do you think that all the wolves and lions always have that one thing that makes them 'special'? (at least in the user's eyes) It's because, in our own ways, we each want to be the hero (or villain) of the story, the main character. Everyone to some degree wants to have that awesome adventure where only you decide the outcome because you are the only one with the ability. Being a primate would just... kinda take the magic out of that dream.