Author Topic: Internet Connection  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Connection
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 09:48:42 am »
Hey guys. Sorry for such a late reply, I haven't had the chance to try sort it out because I have been busy working. This morning I tried resetting the router, again that did not work. I also do not know where the wire is to connect my laptop directly to the router so I cannot try that :( I have tried sitting right next to the router and it's still the same. No one else in my house is using the internet that I know of, everyone is out at work today and me & my brother are the only people in the house (my brother is still sleeping so it can't be him using up the wifi). Nothing else is running in the background on my laptop so it cannot be that holding up the wifi. I really do not know what to do, I feel as if I have tried everything. Maybe my internet will just never be strong enough for Feral Heart. I have sky internet by the way, does anyone else have sky internet and feral heart works for them? I think i'll just have to play it at my boyfriends house as there seems to be nothing I can do to get it to work at home. If anyone else has any other suggestions, that would be amazing. Thank you to all you that have tried helping me! :)

Thierry

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 05:02:21 am »
One thing more to check is your Firewall settings on your computer and if its possible, to try to run the game on another computer to see if its a computer related problem or internet related.

Some internet service providers block certain applications to work, for exaple, the school's internet blocks games, Axtel block torrents, etc. Maybe they could be mistaking Feralheart or its protocols as something unallowed.

I really have no idea of what else could be wrong, so im guessing they are blocking feralheart.
So you should call them and ask if they are blocking any kind of UDP or game connection, specially feral-heart.com or raznet.co.uk on the ports 30000 and up

Feral heart only requires very little bandwidth to work properly, 32kbps (4KB/s) is enough and being unable to connect is really related to something blocking the conection.

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »
It seems like you have A slower computer that might not be able to load everything on FeralHeart (?) that the computer needs to load/run to be able to play the game lag-free. Have you tried playing the game on another computer in the same room/house if possible? That's A good way to check and see if it's Computer related or Internet related, it seems like your problems aren't even Internet related at all but completely Computer related and how it doesn't want to run FeralHeart all the way which concludes to the bad tokens.

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets

Offline CatCake

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:47:45 pm »
Well, I had the same problem, only that it didn't pop up with Bad Tokens, but Failed To Connect The Map Server. Now, there's something probably wrong with your internet. Now, I'm not sure if this will exactly help you, but try by calling the ones who managed your internet.
But, I'm pretty sure this will help you: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144795#msg144795

Zap.exe stopped working