Author Topic: Internet Connection  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Internet Connection
« on: January 09, 2015, 07:04:48 pm »
Hello, I downloaded Feral Heart about a month ago now and I have not been able to play it at home since. I can only seem to play it at my boyfriends house (using the same laptop) and I think this is caused by my internet connection. I have full bars of Wifi right now and I have tried sitting right next to my Wifi box multiple times and still "bad token" pops up. Feral Heart works absolutely fine when I am at my boyfriends house so I think it is definitely my internet connection. Is there anything I can do about this apart from getting new wifi or course!

Thank you.

Jess.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 07:38:42 pm »
Not sure if you've tried this already, but have you tried restarting your connection or router?

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:49:18 pm »
Yeah, I have tried that and it still did not work :( I will try it again just to make sure though

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 08:53:23 pm »
hmm.. I haven't heard word yet so I'm guessing you're still having issues here, it should connect just fine.. are there any other problems with connection elsewhere? any error/messages?

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 09:03:50 pm »
It only seems to be Feral Heart that doesn't work. Every other game I have works absolutely fine, for example; StarStable, Wolf Quest, IMVU, Second Life ect. I've never had an issues with my internet with those. I just don't think my Wifi likes FeralHeart D: I don't know what else to do really.

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 09:28:09 pm »
I'm not sure what else to suggest, I haven't really come across any problems like this or had any personal experience. Have you tried troubleshooting the issue?

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 09:37:28 pm »
It's really annoying :( I just want to play the game, haha. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it, I have a Mac and I only got it a few months ago xD

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:11:54 pm »
Have you tried changing the rendering system or seeing if your computer is respinding to the internet? It may be the connection not responding to the PC, your running from wireless correct? Seeing as you have tried rebooting your router, have you checked to make sure no one else is using up too much bandwidth? On the internet? Downloading things? You may be having a shortage of bandwidth from others using the internet for various things. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your Wifi via your internet settings on your laptop to see if it fixes anything.

Best of luck hun! <3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Thierry

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 07:22:37 am »
I had a similar problem before
Some Internet service providers give a misarable bandwidth for some internet protocols, and could cause 1 program to eat the bandwidth of the other. in my case, i was unable to use utorrent and World of warcraft at same time.

So, first thing to try is to close any other program running on background from all computers, specially those who use your bandwidth.

Check is a evil neighbor or outsider is stealing your wireless bandwidth (today happened to me :P)

try using a cable instead of Wifi (just like a try)

If you are using a router, try to conect your laptop directly to the modem. Reset your router config this worked.

uh... I don't have any more ideas for now.

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »
Thank you all for your help. I will have to try it tomorrow as my parents are using the internet at the moment for something important so I am not able to reboot it or anything. On my days off work, my parents and everyone are out during the day and I still try to connect to Feral Heart but "Bad Token" still seems to appear :( I will keep trying and get back to you all tomorrow!

Thanks again!