Author Topic: Opinions on Raccoons  (Read 3936 times)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Raccoons
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:21 pm »
It's the mythos of the animal really, wolves are glamorous animals and people romanticize them a great deal. Further more people get so attached to their sigma (I believe that's the proper word) that they don't care that wolves scavenge whenever the opportunity rises and carry just as many diseases, but guess what? These are both simple facts of nature. Any animal smart enough to scavenge will do so if the opportunity arises and diseases are a fact of life when you lack any medical knowledge.
 The major problem here is that because Racoons  are capable of being urban animals people have more exposure to them and all the wild animal things they do.

You'll encounter this to some extent with any species that has (Often unfounded) negative stereotypes attached to them, from Racoons in all their fluffy intelligence to Hyenas in their highly structured society. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:17:29 pm by jay warfang »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 12:00:04 am »
I honestly think they were saying those things to troll with you.
I actually like raccoons, and I have a raccoon character myself. Yes they do scavenge for food, but that's the way they survive in the world. Like others have said, there is no animal that's better than any other. Both raccoons and wolves are wild animals, both can carry diseases, both can hunt and scavenge, and BOTH can be seen as pest animals as far as some people are concerned.
Don't let people's opinions and stupidity get you down. It's cool to have a character that's not a canine or feline, especially if it's a raccoon.
:) 
Inactive

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 05:50:59 pm »
I personally love raccoons. I find them not only cute, but I believe that they are intelligent beings. Even if they are scavengers, that doesn't mean that they are disease ridden and savage.
Anyway, I think it's great that someone is making other carnivores besides cats, lions and wolves.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 07:15:01 pm »
Me's never seen a raccoon character around. I do have one though, her name is Sammi. I have yet to make her apart of my "crew", but I will eventually.
I have nothing against little raccoons, they are so cute and as Fizzy said, they have thumbs which is rare in animals beside humans. Fascinating creatures they are.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!