Author Topic: FeralHeart on Steam/Game Jolt  (Read 3601 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart on Steam/Game Jolt
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 09:51:42 pm »
Not only that, but the Steam community is unkind.... that's putting it mildly. If FH were to become a game on Steam, we could expect a higher increase of hostility in the community. Sure, if FH were to be a Steam game we'd get more players, but then the community could possibly become more toxic... just saying.
Oh yeah that's true. I can't believe I forgot how horrendous the people on Steam are.
I fear that they're would be a lot more trolls if this game ever had public attention, and not the good kind of troll that's for sure.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 10:05:31 pm »
Not only that, but the Steam community is unkind.... that's putting it mildly. If FH were to become a game on Steam, we could expect a higher increase of hostility in the community. Sure, if FH were to be a Steam game we'd get more players, but then the community could possibly become more toxic... just saying.
Oh yeah that's true. I can't believe I forgot how horrendous the people on Steam are.
I fear that they're would be a lot more trolls if this game ever had public attention, and not the good kind of troll that's for sure.

Also, there would be little to no respect for the game rules. If Steam were to have Feral Heart, they may change up the game to fit their standards. That could include the rules and guidelines FH has.
I recently found out that WolfQuest is now played on Steam. I'm not sure how much the game has changed since it's now on Steam; if the rules have changed, content, etc. I should probably check for myself.
Inactive

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 10:54:43 pm »
As a Steam user, I'd love to have FH on Steam, but yeah, not likely to happen. Steam's community probably wouldn't take kindly to an unfinished furry game. Plus, with the way Feralheart is working now (registration not being open 24/7, login tab) it just wouldn't work with Steam. With how many people don't check the forum now to learn about updates and rules and the login tab and everything, there'd be plenty more that wouldn't and would likely just take to the Steam reviews/discussions to rant. I'm not familiar with Game Jolt, so I can't speak on that.

Thanks for at least putting the idea out there though, but in FH's current state, it just doesn't seem possible.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?