Author Topic: FeralHeart on Steam/Game Jolt  (Read 3638 times)

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
FeralHeart on Steam/Game Jolt
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:50:49 pm »
I have a friend who wants to play FH, but she's only let play games that are available on Steam or Game Jolt. Could a download for FH be placed on either?
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

MoonwalkingZear

Re: FeralHeart on Steam/Game Jolt
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:51:59 am »

Could help us out but there are a bunch of troubles to come across.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 03:46:11 am »
That might help a few people.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »
That’s a really neat idea, but it's not that simple. The current Staff should provide a digital paperwork, because Steam needs to know about the person and/or company that they will be doing business with. There is also a brief tax and identity verification process that a developer will need to go through once to get set up. There is now a $100 recoupable app fee for each application to release on Steam. Also, they have a couple of brief review periods where their team plays each game to check that it is configured corretly, matches the description provided on the store page, and doesn't contain malicious content. And we all know those pesky bugs that FeralHeart has. The "Play Game" page will be also a problem.

And let's not forget that FeralHeart was made by KovuLKD as the successor to Impressive Title.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:34:44 pm by Valhayes »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:05:11 pm »
And i forgot that when you have a game, then release it on steam, lots of people who don't know the controls will flood in and go crazy (plus registration will likely be closed 22 hours a day, que lots of "when registration open? Is it broken?" threads in the help forums) and probably much more (i don't have steam so idk exactly) but yeah, mixed blessings from putting it on steam.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 02:36:22 pm »
I actually love this idea and I've thought of it before, but, it's most likely to remain impossible unless some, if not all of the staff decide to put in the effort to make it possible.

As Valhayes said, there is a lot of work that would need to be done in order for this to happen. From my knowledge, FeralHeart really doesn't generate that much income from the ad's on the Play Tab Login, so they'd have to put in their own money from their own jobs, start a Kickstarter, or get the community to provide money. Nevermind all the paperwork and hassle that the staff will be put through while the game is under review.

And i forgot that when you have a game, then release it on steam, lots of people who don't know the controls will flood in and go crazy (plus registration will likely be closed 22 hours a day, que lots of "when registration open? Is it broken?" threads in the help forums) and probably much more (i don't have steam so idk exactly) but yeah, mixed blessings from putting it on steam.
Steam forums work a lot like the FeralHeart forums we have now, and yes, it most likely will be full of the questions we get on the forums but on a more larger scale. If you just take a quick look at The Isle and Wolf Quest Steam forums, it's a bit of a mess.

Maybe if someone could gain enough money, help the staff, and somehow successfully get the game under review on Steam, this would be a possibility, but seeing how small FeralHeart is, it looks like it's close to impossible.

As for Game Jolt, I don't have a clue. I've never used Game Jolt to run any games before so I don't have any experience on how the review system works, but, I've had a quick look at it and it seems like it's more suited to what FeralHeart is. There's plenty of games on there that I've never heard of and it seems games get on there easier than Steam (Although there are some weird and useless games on Steam.) So, it might be possible to get FeralHeart onto Game Jolt.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:40:13 pm by Arreze »

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 07:02:06 pm »
I agree strongly with many of the points already made, so I won't restate the obvious struggle to get it on Steam in the first place. As much as uploading to Steam may increase our playerbase and make the game more accessible for many people, I don't think this idea would go down too well with the Steam community either. Outside of the furry fandom and roleplayers, and maybe a couple of curious gamers, I honestly don't think we'd have much of an audience, and even less staff and content to support so many new players should we attract them. Plus copyright infringement, since this game still technically belongs to KovuLKD.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 07:55:51 pm »
Yeah I don't think this is possible. With the original developer gone I'm pretty sure Stream nor Game Jolt will not allow FH to use their services.
This game is also considered unfinished and abandoned and the Steam community doesn't take unfinished games kindly.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 09:15:33 pm »
Yeah I don't think this is possible. With the original developer gone I'm pretty sure Stream nor Game Jolt will not allow FH to use their services.
This game is also considered unfinished and abandoned and the Steam community doesn't take unfinished games kindly.

Not only that, but the Steam community is unkind.... that's putting it mildly. If FH were to become a game on Steam, we could expect a higher increase of hostility in the community. Sure, if FH were to be a Steam game we'd get more players, but then the community could possibly become more toxic... just saying.
Inactive

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »
Not only that, but the Steam community is unkind.... that's putting it mildly. If FH were to become a game on Steam, we could expect a higher increase of hostility in the community. Sure, if FH were to be a Steam game we'd get more players, but then the community could possibly become more toxic... just saying.

Because I cba to write the same thing but differently

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone